Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Dublin for foreign school group during Easter

Options
  • 29-01-2015 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

I am helping a music school group from the Czech Republic, who are visiting Dublin in the week leading up to Easter Sunday 2015. We have been trying to get accommodation but we are having problems because this is a busy week, and most hotels and hostels are either full or expensive.

I'm just wondering if there would be anyone who would have any suggestions for this? It's a group of about 25, mostly aged 13-15, with about 4 adults.

Does anyone maybe know of any closed hostels/B&Bs who might be willing to open for this week and take a group?

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What hostels have you tried? Many of them still have availability. Jacob's Inn is probably the best choice @ €14 pps. :

http://www.hostelworld.com/groupsearch?country=Ireland&city=Dublin&age_ranges=12-18&group_type=High+%2F+Secondary+School&number_of_guests=25

If you contact the hostel directly you should get a discount as they are saving the 10-15% commission paid to Hostelworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Kinlay House?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 royboymaps

Thanks wyndham & tampoco. Jacobs Inn is working out at about €106-118 per person for a week, which is still a bit expensive. Using family rooms at a Travelodge works out at about €70 per person for the week, although they normally require one adult per room, which wouldn't work for this.

We're really only looking for somewhere cheap. If anyone even had a hall or other space available where we could put sleeping bags for the week, we would definitely consider that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I don't think you're being realistic. Where are 25 people going to cook/eat/sh1t/wash for a week, etc? if you do find a hall on which to put sleeping bags, which I don't think you will. Hostel would be the best option safety wise, etc. I don't think €14 per night is expensive. You could probably get it for €12 booking directly. You could contact Scouts Ireland, they may have a better idea.

Best of luck with it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

The university's might have accommodation that week as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 EmmausCentre

What about boarding schools?? Students are home for Easter and they are used for this age group. There are about 5 in Dublin, mainly southside but are worth a try. Kings Hospital certainly rent out dorms in the summer so possibly at Easter as well. Sutton Park, Wesley, Alexandra college and St Columbas are all worth a call. The Lucan Centre also accommodates youth group. You need somewhere that is used to accommodating children. Gormanston College also rents out beds but that is Co Meath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Do a search on here. This exact thread was posted last year

Advertisement