Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neff Extractor fan slow to start

Options
  • 29-01-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

My NEFF cooker extractor fan doesn't start when switch on. It buzzes and after about 30 seconds it eventually and slowly starts spinning.

I'm guessing its gunked up? Can they be removed and cleaned. Or could it be dodgy electrics?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

gutteruu wrote: »
    My NEFF cooker extractor fan doesn't start when switch on. It buzzes and after about 30 seconds it eventually and slowly starts spinning.

I'm guessing its gunked up? Can they be removed and cleaned. Or could it be dodgy electrics?

Thanks

Sounds like there may be something rubbing against the fan blades rather than an electrical problem. If you remove the filters can you see the fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Ya. I can see it pretty clear. Its free to rotate easily by hand. Once it starts it belts away no problem or noises. I don't know what sort of motor is in these. Is it possible a starting capacitor burned out?

Advertisement