Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Educogym €149 12 days

• 29-01-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how many minutes you get with a personal trainer?! for each session....

Or would I be better off finding an affordable Personal Trainer?

I'm not looking to lose too much weight, just looking to tone my upper flabby arms and belly :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Id find a good PT myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Vaidookas_

You can get online personal trainer much cheaper than you would get personal trainer (personal trainers charge FROM 50 euros per hour). Online personal trainers might charge you 100 euros per program which can be month or 3 months long. (depends on trainer)
    I use to do online personal training and my clients were super happy. Only down side from online personal trainer - you need to motivate yourself while you are at the gym & you need to make sure you perform assigned exercises in proper form. (but for this you have local gym instructors).

So unless you have some cash lying around free, you could hire personal trainer or otherwise go online ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Finns25

Just saying I did the 12 day program about 6 years ago. I lost 2.5stone in weight and put on 1.8stone in muscle. It takes about 20 min a season. Depends how quick you can complete the circuit. And it hurts like he'll. Like Arney says the pump is mad. Well worth it. Was money well spent for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,658 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Finns25 wrote: »
    Just saying I did the 12 day program about 6 years ago. I lost 2.5stone in weight and put on 1.8stone in muscle. It takes about 20 min a season. Depends how quick you can complete the circuit. And it hurts like he'll. Like Arney says the pump is mad. Well worth it. Was money well spent for me.

1.8 stone of muscle in 12 days?

Not even with the perfect cocktail of drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That is hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I lost 2.5stone in weight
    35lb! -congrats on the quintuplets...
    lost 2.5stone in weight and put on 1.8stone in muscle..
    I am guessing these confidence tricksters really saw a ~10lb difference in mass after 2 weeks and came up with this outrageous explanation/claim for the change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

1.8 stone of muscle in 12 days?

Not even with the perfect cocktail of drugs.
    this x 100^^ what a joke!
    They are the results THEY said you got not what you actually got.

Im totally stunned there are people that still use these 'gyms' where there are always better options available to them.

Yes yes yes its great people are weight training but its structure and system has so many holes and thats not even getting into their large push to get everyone on a low carb or keto approach to nutrition which went out of fashion 10yrs ago along with power plates and the likes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Solid first post. :) Hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Boards used to have a great educogym thread and without fail someone would come in and say they lost 2 stone and gained 1.8 stone in muscle ie. they lost three pounds in 12 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Boards used to have a great educogym thread and without fail someone would come in and say they lost 2 stone and gained 1.8 stone in muscle ie. they lost three pounds in 12 days.

• Advertisement

One of my mates did it for a few months and kept spouting this **** all the time.
    I didnt have the heart to tell him.
    I was just happy to see him doing something,
    Some weeks he'd be up weight but it was always muscle.
    He was,and still is heavy at 120,130kgs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Now lads, if Finns25 says he put on 1.8stone of muscle in 12 days, I see no reason to doubt him.

So do they just send me a cheque now...?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have you got some before and after pics?

Have you got some before and after pics of your wallet?

FYP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Started out trainng in Tony Quinns eccles st, 25 years ago. Great times, they were really good with diets amd were very encouraging to be fair. The seminar stuff was a bit mental though, hard to believe Tony Quinn is still doing his thing, arguably he takes advantage of delusional rich types/ wannabe rich types. Clever man really ha

As in regard Educo membership, i think your part of a group of people doing a circuit of machines - personally it wouldn't be for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Started out trainng in Tony Quinns eccles st, 25 years ago. Great times, they were really good with diets amd were very encouraging to be fair. The seminar stuff was a bit mental though, hard to believe Tony Quinn is still doing his thing, arguably he takes advantage of delusional rich types/ wannabe rich types. Clever man really ha

As in regard Educo membership, i think your part of a group of people doing a circuit of machines - personally it wouldn't be for me.
    ANYTHING that was gym related 20yrs ago was ground breaking e.g. step aerobic classes, most of the staff some time ago were not even qualified trainers (was like the ladies curves 'gym').

as i mentioned before im stunned people still go to places like this where there are better options

Transform wrote: »
    as i mentioned before im stunned people still go to places like this where there are better options

There will always be people attracted by the idea of a quick fix where they think results will happen regardless.

Advertisement