Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Smart Business" Interview Attire for Women?

Options
  • 29-01-2015 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi! I'm a jobseeker and looking for some help in making sure I am dressing right for interviews. I am from the West Coast of the US (followed my husband here for his work) where work clothing is very casual, even the corporate office I worked in was basically just "no jeans." I think I have a good outfit here but I wanted to run it by some ladies here to make sure I'm not looking sloppy!

Here it is:

Black skirt suit, knee-length
    Tailored, cream-colored shell with a small black pattern on it (should this be tucked or untucked?)
    Skin-tone hose
    closed-toe black leather pumps with a low/mid-height heel

For grooming I was going to do my hair down and neatly blown out, but I am wondering if it is too long to wear down (mid-back, I am in my 20s) taupe nails (I usually do a sheer pink for office work but I have just returned from a wedding in India and have henna stains on my nails so they need opaque polish) and light, basic make-up (fountation, blusher, neutral eye shadow, mascara, and a natural color lipstick)

thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

I think this sounds ideal, I would wear the top tucked in. As regards your hair I think the most important thing is to look neat and tidy. If your long hair falls over your face, maybe wear it half up, so that the front strands are kept back off your face. Best of luck with your interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sounds perfect. I would go with an upstyle (or half up as suggested by HelgaWard) having overheard a bitchy comment by an interviewer about my (shoulder length at the time) hair being worn loose. I'd also agree with tucking in the top. Hope it goes well for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hikingqueen

Thanks guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Hi! I'm a jobseeker and looking for some help in making sure I am dressing right for interviews. I am from the West Coast of the US (followed my husband here for his work) where work clothing is very casual, even the corporate office I worked in was basically just "no jeans." I think I have a good outfit here but I wanted to run it by some ladies here to make sure I'm not looking sloppy!

Here it is:

Black skirt suit, knee-length
    Tailored, cream-colored shell with a small black pattern on it (should this be tucked or untucked?)
    Skin-tone hose
    closed-toe black leather pumps with a low/mid-height heel

For grooming I was going to do my hair down and neatly blown out, but I am wondering if it is too long to wear down (mid-back, I am in my 20s) taupe nails (I usually do a sheer pink for office work but I have just returned from a wedding in India and have henna stains on my nails so they need opaque polish) and light, basic make-up (fountation, blusher, neutral eye shadow, mascara, and a natural color lipstick)

thoughts?

No ballet flats!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Tickers - The OP has already indicated that she plans to wear heels. So I think we can safely leave the ballet flats discussion in the other thread.

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement