Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oversized headset for work/gaming

Options
  • 29-01-2015 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

Maybe not a gaming question directly, but I think this is the best suited forum based on the question!

I like to game, maybe for prolonged periods of time. Often 3-4 hours.
    I also do a lot of work, and require a good headset for it.

Alas, I have big ears.. And I struggle with headsets.

I use to have a logitech g35 headset, and it was fantastic. But they are pricey for an old model.

Can anyone suggest a good headset, maybe one designed for those who have over sized ears... I'm not an elf btw...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Sennheiser HD280 Pro

955094122445563569.jpg

Designed for professional DJ'ing so having them on for a few hours is expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Sorry, not sure if I worded it right, I need a headset, so need a mic too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I currently use a pair of Audio Technica A900 in work. They used to be my home headphones until I recently replaced them with a set of MrSpeakers Maddogs. While either of those are fantastic for both music listening and gaming, if I was buying a set to replace my ATs and looking to spend a little less it'd be the AKG K550. Alternatively, the latest version of the AT set, the A900X can be had from AudioCubes here.

If you need a mic I'd look at either the Zalman ZM-MIC1 or the AntLion ModMic if you want something a little fancier.

There's a thread on the PC Gaming forum which may help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I personally use an Astro A50... they're expensive but you can pick them at Argos for over €300.

Absolutely one of the best headsets I've ever used, and incredibly comfortable for hours on end and amazing sound quality.

astro-a50-wireless-headset.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You're almost always better off just getting a separate mic and proper headphones as Gizmo recommends. If you want a decent mic for something like podcasting etc, then you're going to want to spend a few quid on that anyway (I have a Blue Snowball myself for Podcasting)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

It's more for just general skype with friends while gaming, and some calls for work. Nothing exceptional needed. Would like to keep the cost under 100 euro if possible. Not sure I need anything super high quality, just something very comfortable to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://eu.skullcandy.com/shop/gaming/slyr

Skullcandy SLYR

Good reviews across the board, integrated headset, under OP's budget.
    *edit* Gaming section on Head-fi buying guide

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's more for just general skype with friends while gaming, and some calls for work. Nothing exceptional needed. Would like to keep the cost under 100 euro if possible. Not sure I need anything super high quality, just something very comfortable to wear.
    Cheap;
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-037-SL
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-007-ZA

Not so cheap;
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-042-AL

How about getting some comfy headphones, and a mic that you can clip onto your shirt (cheap option), or onto the headphones (the not so cheap option).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Corsair HS30s are a great bargain unit. Much larger than they look on amazon. I wear them for 4-5hrs straight no problems.

Main rig is an audiophile style setup with E10, DT990Pros, Modmic, but I don't cringe or anything listening to the HS30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sennheiser phones and a free standing USB mic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement