Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hosting web site

Options
  • 29-01-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

hi,

blacknight host my domain names.  a uk company that hosted my website have gone into liquidation and my website disappeared with them. a new company claiming to be the new hosts now have a message under my site name requesting i change the CNAME and A record in the DNS settings. 

two questions.  Is it wise to change settings (even if i knew how)? can blacknight take over the website hosting?

thanks.

Comments

Hi ,

Have you opened a ticket? If not can you open one please and PM me the number.

Thanks,
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Hi ,

Have you opened a ticket? If not can you open one please and PM me the number.

Thanks,
    Alan

Thanks for replying alan.

What do you mean by opening a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have you contacted our help desk (https://www.blacknight.com/support.html )already with details? If you have you'd have opened a ticket and Alan or one of us would be able to check the ticket details

Blacknight wrote: »
    Have you contacted our help desk (https://www.blacknight.com/support.html )already with details? If you have you'd have opened a ticket and Alan or one of us would be able to check the ticket details
    i talked to someone by phone but dont have a name.  i will pm you my details and you can see if you have a ticket open.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

John 

Thanks for sending me those details - that helps :) 

I'll get someone to call you tomorrow to walk you through your options.

Michele

• Advertisement

Blacknight wrote: »
    John 

Thanks for sending me those details - that helps :) 

I'll get someone to call you tomorrow to walk you through your options.

Michele
    great, thanks

Advertisement