Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital Marketing Up-skill - Help

• 29-01-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Perhaps there is someone on here that can help, I hope so anyway! I am wondering if someone/business/agency would be interested in me working/sitting along side them for approx 1 month/6 weeks to familiarise myself again with the latest in digital marketing tools/techiques/strategies. I have previous experience working in a digital marketing agency but I have been out of it for a little while so would really love to quickly up-skill myself. I have being keeping up to date with trends etc by following certain blogs/forums and digital marketing authorty figures, but nothing beats hands on experience so that is what im looking for.

I would, of course, work for free and will sign any NDA or client confidentiality agreements in case you have privacy issues etc. Ideal location would be Dublin, but could certainly do Kildare or other commuter towns. As I said I have previous experience so I assure anybody that I would not be in their way and I can also supply my own PC etc if that would suit better. I know that this is probably an unusual ask but I would be eternally grateful to anybody who is interested and promise to contribute as much as I can whilst there :) You can PM if its more comfortable.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭adamrooney

First of all I commend your post. Good to see people putting themselves out there. If I was in the position myself I would help you out but unfortunately I am not. Perhaps try some digital agency's directly, email or even just call in. Either way there are some good people on here so hopefully someone here might be in a position to help you out. Best of luck again with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PlanetGene

In digital marketing search engines covers the biggest part of area and Google is a master of the search engines because many of other search engines and marketing techs depend on it, so you must read about it and Google latest updates first.

What does Google's Latest Update mean?

Google frequently changed its algorithm and marketers or webmasters also get updated her self because they need to be adopt new techniques and tricks with every change to perform in this industry. so visit Google-Algorithm-Change by Moz.com and learn about recent updates by Google. Also Moz is a one of best platform to get updated and learn new things of search engines matrix.

Some other people also helps you by their experiences on this thread learn the things from every one.

And good luck for new challenges of this industry...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leondleon

PlanetGene wrote: »
    In digital marketing search engines covers the biggest part of area and Google is a master of the search engines because many of other search engines and marketing techs depend on it, so you must read about it and Google latest updates first.

What does Google's Latest Update mean?

Google frequently changed its algorithm and marketers or webmasters also get updated her self because they need to be adopt new techniques and tricks with every change to perform in this industry. so visit Google-Algorithm-Change by Moz.com and learn about recent updates by Google. Also Moz is a one of best platform to get updated and learn new things of search engines matrix.

Some other people also helps you by their experiences on this thread learn the things from every one.

And good luck for new challenges of this industry...

Thanks for the response. I am familiar with Moz and do read up about algorithm changes etc. And you are right they are an authority on the subject and are a great resource. However It is still not the same as actually doing the work, working with real clients, and that is the opportunity I would love to get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 leondleon

adamrooney wrote: »
    First of all I commend your post. Good to see people putting themselves out there. If I was in the position myself I would help you out but unfortunately I am not. Perhaps try some digital agency's directly, email or even just call in. Either way there are some good people on here so hopefully someone here might be in a position to help you out. Best of luck again with it.

Thanks for the response anyway Adam. Hopefully I'll find somewhere.

Advertisement