Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wages were cut

Options
  • 29-01-2015 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

My wages were cut today by 50 euro. My pay is low anyway so the difference is noticeable. However, my employer didn't tell me it was going to happen or why it was going to happen? Can they do this? for example, if they cut my wages because they weren't happy with my performance, surely they should have talked to me first about it? Now I don't know why they cut it so am feeling a bit hard done by here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Did you have a medical card previously and not anymore as that would affect the USC deducted.

Have you checked your payslip?

No, I haven't received my payslip yet. I didn't have a medical card no. Just remembered there though that I was on single parents tax last year. That could be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Op if you started work in 2014, you may have had "extra" tax credits to use, they may have standardised now for 2015 so you would be paying more tax. As above, when you get your payslip, check if gross is correct, then check deductions, it is very unlikely that your employer would reduce wages without telling you and highly likely that you are paying more in insurance/levies/tax.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

loubian wrote: »
    No, I haven't received my payslip yet. I didn't have a medical card no. Just remembered there though that I was on single parents tax last year. That could be it.

I've had experienced Revenue sending out a generic credits cert in Jan, and once you check and call them if it's wrong they fix it fairly quick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Yeah that single person carer tax credit was taken from my sister in law as well...I phoned the revenue and they said send in a SPCCC1 form......

Could be worth a try OP.

Advertisement