Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Implantation bleeding

Options
  • 29-01-2015 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi,
    We are trying for our 2nd and my wife has had some implantation bleeding (more then last time) - could this be a sign of twins ?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

lazza14 wrote: »
    Hi,
    We are trying for our 2nd and my wife has had some implantation bleeding (more then last time) - could this be a sign of twins ?

No. Women can experience implantation bleeding on single pregnancies, and others experience none at all on twin pregnancies. The only thing that can be a sign of twins is an ultrasound showing two embryos and two heartbeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

OK, cheers, just some articles on the net (I know this is the worst place to look for info) say twins cause more implantation bleeding then a singleton pregnancy.

http://www.conceiveeasy.com/get-pregnant/symptoms-of-being-pregnant-with-twins/

what about this ?
    Implantation bleeding
    Implantation bleeding is more common in women who are pregnant with twins. Implantation bleeding is the light, pinkish colored bleeding that occurs during the time when the fertilized eggs implant or attach to the uterine lining. In a normal pregnancy, this bleeding is very slight. If you are pregnant with twins, you will have more implantation bleeding. However, if you see any bleeding at all while you are pregnant, you should go to the doctor immediately to rule out any dangers whatsoever.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It might be more common, but its not proof that your partner has implanted twins, or if indeed she is pregnant at all. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

What do you want people to say? 'Yes, your wife is pregnant with twins'? Nobody has a crystal ball here :confused:

• Advertisement

of course not, just looking for experience, if anyone here noticed that had twins and singles more / less IB ..

My experience was that I had zero implantation bleed with a twin conception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I had no implantation bleeding last pregnancy but I did this time. Neither time have I been expecting twins. I've never heard of the implantation bleeding/twin thing either. It doesn't sound very scientific to me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

I didn't experience implantation bleeding, I don't think it's a given that it happens, so can't help you with your query as never experienced it when expecting my son.

Advertisement