Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to Dublin city from Celbridge

Options
  • 29-01-2015 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Anyone commuting from Celbridge in Kildare to Dublin city for work Monday to Friday

If so, how long on average does it take on the Bus

For example, if wanted to be in City for 8am, what time would need to be getting bus at in Celbridge?

Similar for if wanted to be in for 8.30am or 9am what time would need to be getting bus at in Celbridge ?

If were to go out to Maynooth or leixlip and got train into Connelly, what time would need to be getting train at so as to be in city for 8am or 8.30am or 9am

What abut coming back in evening on Bus. How long does it take from town to Celbridge on bus and/ore train

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

I've heard before from a few mates that if you are getting a bus into Dublin from Celbridge the 120 Bus Eireann Bus is a little more expensive than Dublin Bus BUT a lot faster! Check out page 2 here - http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1279726183-120.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Depends on which side of the town you're coming from. Bus Eireann a bit faster but much dearer and a bit less dependable.

67x at 7.20 gets you into town about 8.00-8.10. The 7.50 one gets in for about 8.40. That's to Bachelor's Walk now.

On the Hazelhatch side the train takes 20 mins to Heuston and 10 on the bus / luas to O'Connell Bridge.

If your job offers it the annual travel pass is well worth it, I've the train and Dublin bus on mine and it works out about 20 a week and gives you the option on the way in or out.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I need to get into work for 8am, the 7.20 really wouldn't get you in on time, well not me anyway up to Harcourt street. I get the 67 that leaves maynooth at 6.35-6.40 I think, well it collects me from the ridding school on Dublin road just after 5 to seven. That will get you to dub city center for twenty to or a quarter to 8 with plenty of time to walk to work or get coffee. The train from Hazel hatch at 7.14, 7.20 will get you to heuston for half ish, twenty 5 to, and then luas or bus into city centre in plenty of time.
    Coming home, at 5 o clock there are a few around this time,road works are adding a bit of time to journey, but generally you would be back in celbridge between 6 and ten past, although that same bus didn't get to celbridge till twenty to 7 yesterday, but that was cos of the snow.

Advertisement