Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxes and paperwork for money from the US

Options
  • 29-01-2015 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I a US citizen (living in the US) and am working on a book with an Irish citizen (living in Ireland) through Amazon.

The proceeds from the book will be deposited in the US and then I will send the other author 50% of the proceeds. It looks like US law requires that I withhold 30% for US taxes. This is similar to what Amazon does (I can't post links yet, but it is at kdp.amazon.com/help?topicId=A1CTSIBPDAAJ0M).

My question is:
    Is there any special paperwork I need to file with the Irish government about these payments? In the US I would have to file something for payments over $600 per year. And the amount will probably be in the €10,000+ range.

Thanks for any help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thecoolcat

Quick update...
    From looking here:
    www irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p515.pdf, page 53 under copyrights it looks like I do not have withhold any money for Irish citizens.

But my question still stands if there is some paperwork I need to send to the Irish tax authority about the money I send to an Irish Citizen.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thecoolcat

Didn't see that Taxes forum, I am going to move this question over to that forum.

Advertisement