Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a New Adventure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Great work. You're putting us all to shame :D And your butt will thank you when it's been on the bike for days hours and hours. Are the ARSE's doing the 24hr Beast?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Bloody hell S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Great work. You're putting us all to shame :D And your butt will thank you when it's been on the bike for days hours and hours. Are the ARSE's doing the 24hr Beast?

Thanks K, there's a lot more quantity than quality in what I'm doing compared to you guys so I'm putting noone to shame :)

What's the 24hr Beast?

So far we've the Keeper Hill Challenge, the Causeway Coast AR, Maamturks challenge and the Coast2Coast lined up.
    Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Bloody hell S.

Quantity not quality C, that dark o clock run with you set me up for morning training so I've you to thank. It's making life much easier to get it done in the AM before work :) Congratulations to Mrs. Dilbert on another amazing win last weekend. How's your car?

Neady83 wrote: »
    Quantity not quality C, that dark o clock run with you set me up for morning training so I've you to thank. It's making life much easier to get it done in the AM before work :) Congratulations to Mrs. Dilbert on another amazing win last weekend. How's your car?

It's both quantity and quality though. You're putting me to shame as I crawl out of bed at 7:35! Thanks for the congrats - yeah she's flying. Next stop Donadea.

Car passed NCT (after suspension rebuild and a new exhaust). Now Mrs D's car is due and it's decided to throw up some sensor faults. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Thanks K, there's a lot more quantity than quality in what I'm doing compared to you guys so I'm putting noone to shame :)

What's the 24hr Beast?

So far we've the Keeper Hill Challenge, the Causeway Coast AR, Maamturks challenge and the Coast2Coast lined up.

Your too modest!

Beast of ballyhoura. August bank holiday. 24hr. Nice little run out for ITERA :D

That looks like a good line up. Keep yiz busy anyway :D

• Advertisement

Friday

30mins Wattbike (12.5km)
    10min wu
    15mins with 30sec sprints (95rpms), 30 sec recovery
    5min cd

Easy day with just a touch of spinning to keep the legs ticking over.

Saturday

5km Resolution Run, 23:33
    The first of the races in the Clare Run Series. I had no idea how this would go with the volume in the legs this week but said I’d give it my best shot. I turned on my watch but I covered it up so that I could run this by feel, I started at a pace that I felt I could sustain.

The first mile was slower than I’d have liked, it took me a while to get out from the crowd and I was doing my level best not to weave too much (DGs excellent training for the marathon). The first mile had some nice hills and I was able to overtake a lot of people on them so all the hill running of late is paying off. There was a nice drag for the second mile and I was glad to be able to take a few people going up it- on the decline I mentally checked that I had the right running form. I really felt that I faded in the last mile as I was finding it hard going but my splits tell a different story. Not a PB but a minute faster than where I was this time last year. Can do better.

Splits were 7:45, 7:46, 7:24, 0:43 (0.1m)

Sunday

3ish hours on the trails of Ballyhoura
    We met our brand spanking new ARSE at the crack of dawn for a spin around the trails of Ballyhoura. I’ve only done these trails once and that was in the dead of night at the end of almost three days of adventure racing last August. That night I found these trail really tough, the bends were tight and there were rocks appearing from nowhere to catch pedals on. I had a deadmans grip on the handlebars and I really didn’t enjoy it so I was looking forward to putting those daemons to bed.

The first thing I did when we parked up was visit the building where I had a little snooze in August and the loo where I had a little mental and emotional breakdown before going out on those trails that night. Then it was time to meet our new ARSE, the lovely Jacqo, decide on the white trail including the technical sections to start and off we set.

This was a much better experience than the last time I was on trails. I think my Wattbike sessions are paying off as I felt a lot stronger on the hills than before. Bryan stayed behind me on the descents, guided me and gave me some great tips and I used the time to get into the habit of being more relaxed with my grip, braking less, shifting my weight forward when going uphill and back when going down, feathering the breaks instead slamming them on and hoofing over the handlebars and I kept looking ahead to see what was next. I stayed on for most of wohooooo. We suffered a casualty when our new ARSE came off on a technical descent and hurt her hip, she then showed me her hand and winced. I wasn’t sure whether her little finger should be that bent out of place. It looked like a dislocation so we splinted it, she got right back on the bike and we got down as quick as we could. I drove her and her car to her friends in Mallow and one of the guys picked me up. We broke our new ARSE on her first day out ☹ She’s promised we didn’t frighten her off though ☺

Bryan shouted out ‘NO BRUNCH’ while we were on one of the trails …… he later told me where it came from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jta92BVuNJk. This sums up exactly my thought process on my first ever MTB over trails ☺

Weekly Totals
    Running: 5hrs 45 (36miles)
    Circuits: 2hrs
    Wattbike: 3hrs
    Cycling (MTB): 3hrs
    Total: 13hrs 45

Monthly Totals
    Running: 23hrs 20 (167miles)
    Circuits/S&C: 10hrs
    Wattbike: 12hrs 40
    Cycling (Roadie): 7hrs 25
    Cycling (MTB): 4hrs 30
    Hiking: 2hrs
    Total: 59hrs 55

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Crap, hope Jacqo is ok. She fell off a few times on the trail with us back in 2012 but she is tough cookie and a great addition to team ARSE.

Hope to get out with you guys sometime in Feb.

P.S savage going on the training this month, way to go! Just remember to build recovery plans into Feb if you are upping the ante.. ;)

Monday AM

60mins recovery on the Wattbike (28.5km)
    Easy peasy spinning to keep the legs ticking over nicely

Monday PM

4.25miles @ 9:25/mi on the treadmill
    I hit the gym for 40 minutes of recovery running as storm Henry was blowing outside. I started the treadmill on 10mph and increased it by 0.1 every 5 minutes so a nice gentle run. My legs felt really good doing this and it really freshened them up.

Tuesday AM

3miles @ 9:25/mi warm up on the treadmill

Circuits: 11 stations @ 2x90secs on each

I’m not going to list these as there were so many but they were mostly dyna band based and I had forgotten to bring my motivation with me this morning. This was the worst class I’ve done in ages, I had zero interest in putting in any effort. It was just as well that my friend Sharon, who I was partnered up with, was feeling the same. This sums up our feelings on the matter http://www.wildlifeextra.com/resources/listimg/world/americas/grizzly_asleep@large.jpg

We had a few minutes to kill at the end so Dave made us do Roxanne (the song)- we had to hold the plank push up position and do a push-up for every time Roxanne was mentioned and pop the legs in and out every time we heard Red Light. OMFG. Try it, it'd be savage craic at a house party!!!

Monday PM: Brick Session

7.7miles @ 8:45/mi
    This was done as 4x8mins @ HMP (8:14/mi) with wu & cd
    Average pace for each of the 8mins:
    8:11/mi
    8:19/mi
    8:12/mi
    8:18/mi
    Not the best looking splits. I couldn’t really see my watch, need to change the settings.

60mins Wattbike (30.5km)
    A steady 60 minutes on the bike straight from my run, all done at 90rpms on a gear that was just biting enough to hurt a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oh the Roxanne thing sounds like a hoot!! And I think I want to try it...so clarify for me: you're planking the entire length of the song, doing one push up every time you hear "Roxanne", and what do you mean by "pop the legs in and out" when you hear "red light"?

Also, what kind of recovery were you doing between your 4 x 8 min @ HMP?

Some incredible work going on over here!! Whoop whoop!!! :)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Oh the Roxanne thing sounds like a hoot!! And I think I want to try it...so clarify for me: you're planking the entire length of the song, doing one push up every time you hear "Roxanne", and what do you mean by "pop the legs in and out" when you hear "red light"?

Also, what kind of recovery were you doing between your 4 x 8 min @ HMP?

Some incredible work going on over here!! Whoop whoop!!! :)

Thanks DD, that means a lot coming from you. oh the 4 x 8mins were off a 2 min recovery of about 9:15/mi.

Yea Roxanne, a fun warm-up but a killer at the end of a session. So hold the push-up plank position (plank with straight arms) for all of it, when you hear 'Roxanne' you do one push up and when you hear 'red light' you do half a burpee, don't stand up :) Wait for the piece where Roxanne and red light overlap :)

Another one is Flower by Moby. Hold the plank position and every time you hear 'Bring Sally Up' go to the push-up position and when you hear 'bring Sally down' return to plank position :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Thanks DD, that means a lot coming from you. oh the 4 x 8mins were off a 2 min recovery of about 9:15/mi.

Yea Roxanne, a fun warm-up but a killer at the end of a session. So hold the push-up plank position (plank with straight arms) for all of it, when you hear 'Roxanne' you do one push up and when you hear 'red light' you do half a burpee, don't stand up :) Wait for the piece where Roxanne and red light overlap :)

Another one is Flower by Moby. Hold the plank position and every time you hear 'Bring Sally Up' go to the push-up position and when you hear 'bring Sally down' return to plank position :)

{unintelligible groan} I had forgotten about those. My arms start trembling just at the thought of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee but what your adventures sound like.

https://www.facebook.com/offgridquest/videos/877583492278136/

aquinn wrote: »

Oh the summit of the Matterhorn, the most beautiful mountain in the Alps. I watched the sun set over it a few times, majestic to look at. I've been on a few squeaky bum ridges but this was probably the worst one (I'm behind the guy in the orange). Not as bad as the Matterhorn though :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203777484789992&set=a.10203777466069524.1073741916.1605231253&type=3&theater

OH WOW, you've done it. That looks amazing. Incredible, good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Wow, my stomach after just looking at that video!! Pardon the expression but that takes some balls to do that.

aquinn wrote: »
    OH WOW, you've done it. That looks amazing. Incredible, good for you.

Not quite the Matterhorn but still a sharpie :)
    diego_b wrote: »
    Wow, my stomach after just looking at that video!! Pardon the expression but that takes some balls to do that.

I know but I guess at that point you probably have a guy in front of you pulling the rope and you ain't got enough time to think about falling but if you do, you better hope that the guy at the other end of the rope jumps off the other side to hold you ;)

Wednesday AM

75mins Wattbike (36.5km)
    30mins wu with drills
    5 x 4mins big gears (level10 mag5) off 2mins recovery
    10mins cd with some sprints
    It’s official, my legs do not work at full capacity straight out of bed in the morning. Last night my natural steady pace was 90+ rpms and this morning it was a lack lustre 80rpms. The big gear intervals weren’t a problem and my steady pace increased after the big gears but warm up was dismal.

Anywhoo, I have a nice session that I want to trial tomorrow. I should have done it this morning but I forgot the print out.

Wednesday PM

Run/Circuit brick session
    7.3miles @ 9:25/mi (70mins)
    Treadmill style. It was starting to mill rain when I kicked this off so I did it in tht gym as I didn’t want to be a sodden mess going into circuits. This was a pyramid of sorts. I kicked off at 10:00/mi and kicked it up 0.1 every 5 mins until I got to 6.7 and I dropped it by 0.1 every 5 mins. Nice recovery run. Quick change of t-shirt and into circuits.

Circuits: 7 stations @ 4x50secs each
    1. Dynamic lunges for 20secs, hold lunch position for 15secs. Repeat and rince
    2. Abs sliders with gliders
    3. Full squat, half squat & pop the weight over the head (20kg)
    4. Squat, clean & jerk ending in split stance (2x7.5kg)
    5. Mountain climber sliders & abs roller
    6. Bear crawl & ropes
    7. Lunge & row (2x10kg)
    Nice workout, the focus was on form and I like working with weights. My thighs and arms though are now shot to pieces.

5x1min Planks to round off the night

Thursday AM

3miles @ 9:30/mi wu on the treadmill

Circuits: 9 stations @ 4x55secs
    1. Russian wood chop with 10kg
    2. Dynamic push-ups on & off the bosu ball
    3. Ropes (8smacks + burpee, rinse & repeat)
    4. Abs roller & side planks with 3kg dumbbell
    5. Single leg squat with dyna band around thighs
    6. Split lunges with 10kg weight
    7. Abs sliders with gliders
    8. Wall squat with weights
    9. Sprints
    10. Back roller extension type exercise
    Burn, all kinds of thigh burn is the only way to describe this.

Thursday PM: Recovery

30mins recovery on the Wattbike @ 90rpms
    So sometimes holding 90 rpms on the same gear feels like a sprint (usually in the morning) and sometimes it feels like recovery with a pinch of bite. This was one of those times.

3 miles @ 10:00/mi on the treadmill
    yuk, holding 10 minute miles on the treadmill is boring boring boring but alas, my ol legs are feeling the benefits of it.

5mins of plank as 5x1minute

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Your work rate and attention to core and strength is going to pay off. In the races and the beach bod ;)

Are you following a specific plan?? Or is this makey uppy as you go along? When and what is your next event?

• Advertisement

Your work rate and attention to core and strength is going to pay off. In the races and the beach bod ;)

Thanks Mike, I know training will slow down later in the year because I've interviews to do for work which means all kinds of crazy long journeys all over the country but I'll keep doing as much as I can when I can.

I love love love the weights and core work and I'm hoping it will help with the kayaking. Have you (or anyone) any suggestions on how to prepare for the kayak in the gym? The erg? or the hand bicycle? 10+ hours in the kayak is kinda scaring me a wee bit.

Bring on the beach bod :)
    Are you following a specific plan?? Or is this makey uppy as you go along? When and what is your next event?

Um, I'm kinda making this training up as I go along. The sessions I definitely do each week are the circuits on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and a wattbike session on Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. Everything after that is a bonus and really goes on how much time I have and how my body feels.

Next up is the Causeway Coast adventure race in Roscommon on Feb 20th. It should be roughly 5 hours and it's done in pairs so my teamies and I are going to do it as a foursome.

I was really gunning for a good solo attempt at the Keeper Hill challenge, a 32km mountainous cycle, 19km hill run and 6km cycle, on March 19th. I did the route a few weeks back and was really looking forward to it but it got cancelled yesterday :(

I might look into doing a duathlon in March instead as I'd like to give something a go on my own steam.

Friday AM

65mins Wattbike (32.5km)
    Warm up - 20mins
    Interval 1 – 4mins (80rpm)
    Active recovery – 1min
    Interval 2 – 4mins (85rpm)
    Active recovery – 1min
    Interval 3 – 4mins (90rpm)
    Active recovery – 1min
    Interval 4 – 4mins (95rpm)
    Active Recovery – 1min
    Interval 5 – 4mins (100rpm)
    Cool Down – 20mins

I really enjoyed this one though my warm up on the easy gear was at 80rpm so I turned the gear up a notch for the 80rpm interval. 95rpm was tough and 100rpm was a killer but I was able to hold it by the skin of me teeth. There was no way I could have held 100rpms for 4mins earlier in the year so progress is definitely being made. To top it off, my natural easy pace for the cool down was 90rpms so I’m learning that after the sprinty biting stuff, the middle of the road cadence feels much easier.

Friday PM

Strength and Conditioning with the Tri Club (75mins)
    I was down home in Clare so decided to join the very nice peeps from the Tri club for their weekly S&C session. There were only a few of us there so the coach chatted about our plans for the weekend and many were racing Sunday so we decided on some foam rolling, stretching and core work. I was more than happy not to do weights for the fourth day in the row.

I felt good after this. We did a full body foam roll session for half an hour and hit every muscle in the body with over half an hour of stretching using the foam roller and some resistance bands. I usually do a half arsed 10 minutes of foam rolling in the evening while watching TV but it would be great to do this and with this level of detail every few days (I will not kid myself though- this ain’t gonna happen).

5mins Plank
    Done as 4x75secs

Saturday

6.8miles @ 8:50/mi (60mins)
    The death of a member of our extended family meant that I wasn’t going to have time for the biking that I had planned this weekend. I was at the wake last night and didn’t get to bed until the small hours but wide awake at my usual dark o clock so I was like a walking zombie for much of today. My brother did this run with me and boy did the hour fly, it’s nice having company on my runs. We did two loops of the Operation Transformation (soon to be park run) around the woods in Kilrush and it provided some much needed shelter from the wind and the rain.

5mins Plank
    Done as 3x80secs & 1x60secs

Sunday

6.8miles @ 8:50/mi (60mins)
    Another late night at the wake and another two loops of the OT 5km in the woods in Kilrush with my trusty brother for company early in the morning. Neither of us were in the form for this but we kinda motivated each other to get out and do it but we were both glad we got out.

5mins of planking
    Done as 2x2mins & 1x1min

Weekly Totals
    Running: 6.5hrs (42miles)
    Wattbike: 5hrs
    Circuits/S&C: 4.25hrs
    Plank: 25mins
    Total: 16hrs
    Too much running and not enough biking this week but it was somewhat uncontrollable.

I think I'm in love with your brother....and I am so sorry for your loss of your extended family member.

Sorry to hear about your bereavement S.
    I think I'm in love with your brother....

Jeepers Dory I thought I fell in love easily but two mentions in a training log? :D

Btw S have you started swimming yet? Can't recall you hitting on it in the log. If you want an incentive let me know.... ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

sorry to hear about the bereavement.

what happened the keeper challenge? was the whole thing cancelled? how come? local race to me but never done it. (Might be an indication of why it was cancelled i guess !!))

I think I'm in love with your brother....and I am so sorry for your loss of your extended family member.

Thanks DD. I've good news for you .... there's two of them, they're twins. I have one for hiking with and one for running with :) They're the bestest brothers any girl could wish for.
    Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your bereavement S.

Jeepers Dory I thought I fell in love easily but two mentions in a training log? :D

Btw S have you started swimming yet? Can't recall you hitting on it in the log. If you want an incentive let me know.... ;)

Thanks C. No swimming yet :(. I decided in January, after to chatting to few more knowledgeable peeps, that I should get one-to-one lessons instead of group lessons and I'm on a waiting list for an opening with a few coaches that were recommended to me.

My brother decided that he wants to learn to swim and already has one-to-one lessons lined up for this week down in Clare :mad: the difference between a city and a town I guess.

Our parents can't swim and therefore we were never thought to swim. Lots of kids drowned in lakes and rivers when my parents were small so their parents didn't teach them to swim in a bid to keep them away from the water and it worked. We have a river flowing behind our house so we were not thought to swim, but reminded constantly of the dangers of the water, so we never went into the water at the beach, went near the river or learned to swim. I guess it made a little bit of sense, I've always stayed away from the water ..... until this adventure racing business :)
    mossym wrote: »
    sorry to hear about the bereavement.

what happened the keeper challenge? was the whole thing cancelled? how come? local race to me but never done it. (Might be an indication of why it was cancelled i guess !!))

Thanks Mossy. I'm not sure what happened to Keeper Challenge. It was first announced that it would take place early in March but postponed until March 19th due to St. Patricks Day parades and then they posted on facefriend last week that they have to cancel it due to unforeseen circumstances but that they will be back in 2017 with a bigger and better event.

The sprint and the elite each had 60+ finishers last year so it should be viable. It's such a shame, I was looking forward to it. I enjoy the hilly stuff more than the sprinty flatter stuff.

Monday AM

75mins Wattbike (36km)
    Warm up - 25mins
    Interval 1 – 4mins (80rpm)
    Active recovery – 1min
    Interval 2 – 4mins (85rpm)
    Active recovery – 1min
    Interval 3 – 4mins (90rpm)
    Active recovery – 1min
    Interval 4 – 4mins (95rpm)
    Active Recovery – 1min
    Interval 5 – 4mins (100rpm)
    Cool Down – 25mins

This was the first Monday morning so far this year that when my alarm went off, I was sickened when I remembered that it was Monday …. So I debated as to whether to get up and figured that I wouldn’t fall asleep again and I’d have to get up in an hour anyway so it was best to get this done.

Same session as last Friday though the 100rpms interval was a shade off 100 for the last minute.

Monday PM

Run/Wattbike Brick Session: 4.8miles @ 9:22/mi (45mins)
    This was supposed to be a bike/run brick session but there were people hogging the bikes and I didn't know how long I'd have to wait for someone to finish- plus I’m particular about the bike I use. I like the one that’s second from the right. In the mornings I’m first in and always use this one, the curly haired guy always uses the one to my left and the tall skinny guy gets the one to the far left. We don’t discuss this but it’s what we do. If I don’t get the bike I usually use, it throws me off ever so slightly.

I kicked off at 6.0 and knocked it up 0.1 after every 5mins. I was really really comfortable doing this. I should kick it off at 6.3 in future.

60mins wattbike (30km)
    I got the bike I wanted :) This started off as and was supposed to be 60mins of 90rpms steady and I was going well until 30 minutes when I started to get bored so I decided on a high gear for one song, 100rpms for one song, alternating all the way to 60mins.

5mins Plank
    Done as 2x130secs & 1x40secs

Tuesday AM

3miles @ 9:25/mi on the treadmill before circuits

Circuits: 9 stations @ 4x50secs
    1. Cannot even begin to describe this falling sideways type exercise
    2. Crab crawls
    3. Sprints
    4. Slider reach push-up (barf)
    5. Knee raises with resistance band around feet (my buttocks did not enjoy this)
    6. Pulling sliders on feet in push-up position
    7. Push-up position: 14 knee kicks & 4 dynamic push-ups
    8. High knee running with resistance
    9. Agility & drills with cones

Tuesday PM

Bike/Run Brick Session: 60mins wattbike (31km)
    25min wu with drills
    5x
    (2mins @ level 10, on the saddle
    2mins @ level 10, mag5, off the saddle
    2mins @ 90rpms)
    5min recovery
    I enjoyed this one mucho much.

3.2miles @ 9:30/mi
    A recovery run after the sweaty wattbike. My legs were very thankful for this especially on the walk home, they were feeling nice n’ fresh.

5mins Plank
    Done as 1x3mins & 1x2min

Wednesday AM

70mins Wattbike (32km)
    All done around 80-85rpms on a low gear. Have a dose of the sniffles so took this one easy. What a joy to leave the gym and see the sun come up, I’ve missed it. Soon morning runs and cycles may become a possibility.

Wednesday PM

Run/Circuit Brick Session: 7.1miles @ 8:47/mi (63mins)
    I was bursting at the seams to get out and do this. It was DRY, there was NO rain falling from the sky, it was 5 degrees and bright until 6:15. It was like a whole new world emerged today.

I got two lengths along the river done before it got dark and rather than hit the footpaths and breath in the car fumes I did loops of the gravel path next to the car park in Dangan. It’s roughly a quarter of a mile long. My nose was blocked after being in all day so this was just the ticket to free it right up even if I was dizzy from the loops.

Circuits: 5 stations @ 4x70secs
    1. Warm up: 6x(45secs of knee raises with resistance band around feet & 15 secs of push-ups). Enda tells me this helps for sprinting, I told him I don’t sprint, he told me to lift my knees higher.
    2. 2xmountain climbers with sliders & 2xburpees with sliders
    3. Single leg step up on high step with 2x6kg
    4. Kettle bell swings (16kg)
    5. Ropes & single leg squats with a pulley
    6. Deadlift cage with 20kg
    Loved this set of circuits, really enjoyable and the run before hand didn’t scupper it at all.

5mins Plank
    Done as 1x120secs & 3x60secs
    Completely forgot about this until I was in bed. Had to get up and do the blinking thing. Whos idea was it to do 5mins of planking every day?

Thursday AM

3miles @ 9:25/mi on the treadmill before circuits

Circuits: 9 stations @ 4x50secs
    1. Resistance band on thigh & ankle, squat pulses with 2.5kg
    2. Squat side walk holding 5kg medicine ball out straight
    3. Ropes, one smack inside, one smack outside
    4. Step-up knee raises pushing 6kg overhead
    5. Kettle bell clean and lift (10kg)
    6. Boxing (20 punches & 1 burpee , rinse & repeat)
    7. Walk out plank to push up with 2x4kg dumbbells
    8. Bulgarian split squat with 10kg kettle bell
    9. 6 x push-up & drop & 20 mountain climbers, rinse and repeat
    Result: everything involved arms and shoulders so shoulders shot to pieces.

Thursday PM

5mins Plank
    Done as 1x2mins & 3x1min
    Hit for Dublin after this morning session, was hoping to get home and get a short run done but meetings ran late, I missed two busses home but eventually got back home warped with the hunger. Was waddling like a duck getting off the bus after 6 hours bussing. Should have foam rolled but had to do the blasted plank. Plank got done, stiff legs just got put to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I know MCOS may have been in touch but stick a SHART in your diary

• Advertisement

sconhome wrote: »
    I know MCOS may have been in touch but stick a SHART in your diary

Thanks guys, I just got confirmation from the ARSEs, there's four of us on board. The Kinvara half may have to be dialed back a bit pace wise but it'll be worth it :)

Advertisement