Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a New Adventure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Some great stuff going on here, you're a tough cookie.

Keep it up!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Probably asking the wrong person about taper! I'd generally shorten the sessions but keep some intensity there, keeps the body ticking over, would take few days off coming up to it too, usually a day her and there rather than a run of days. But all my stuff has been short races, I'm not sure if this would translate well for longer stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

I've just looked at the stages in 'The Race'...... Oh lord! :D

I thought when I signed up that the distance would be "doable" but then I looked at the profile of the stages, it looks like an ECG gone wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Neady83 wrote: »
    I thought when I signed up that the distance would be "doable" but then I looked at the profile of the stages, it looks like an ECG gone wrong :D

Donegal's not called 'the hills' for nothing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

I know it's only Thursday but GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!!! Here's hoping for decent conditions, we know you'll be fantabolous and of course ENJOY :D

Are you excited?

Edit: actually does it start tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

I know it's only Thursday but GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!!! Here's hoping for decent conditions, we know you'll be fantabolous and of course ENJOY :D

Are you excited?

Thanks so much AM :)

If you asked me if I was excited on Tuesday when I was going home from work in the lashing rain and howling wind I would have had a different answer for you but it's a beautiful day today & kayaking conditions are looking favourable for Saturday morning so yea, I'm really looking forward to it :) I've given it everything I have in the last 5/6 months so I can't wait to enjoy the experience :)

I'm heading up early tomorrow - my boxes are packed and I've gone through each stage and transition about a million times in my head so I hope I have everything.

The race starts at 5am on Saturday morning - there will be a tracker so I'll post the link later. Here's hoping it doesn't stop on the first leg like it did on the last race ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Best of luck Neady, you have done all the hard work, and you have worked hard! try to enjoy it as much as you can, and take in some of the scenery, fingers crossed the weather plays ball, you will do great either way, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Every bit of luck for the race Neady, hope it goes well for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Fantastic training and race prep Neady! It's been a joy to follow.
    Delighted to hear the weather conditions will be decent. Have a super race and I looking forward to tracking you throughout and hearing all about your adventures afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Ooh exciting! And a tracker - cool :cool:. The best of luck - you deserve a super result after all the great training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck!!! No bother to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Best of luck, S. No one will be better prepared, have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Good luck tomorrow Néady! As others have said, your preparation has been exemplary and here's hoping for a brilliant experience. I suggest a HM PB during the first stage, and then see where that takes you :) (hmm, maybe not :rolleyes:)... I hope you have enough cola jelly beans left to sustain you, it looks like you might need them..! Good luck and recover well, as we want to see you in Connemara!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Ádh mór, Neady.

Tá tú **fíochmhar**. Tá mé ag tnúth le leamh ar an tuarascáil :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Ádh mór, Neady.

Tá tú **fíochmhar**. Tá mé ag tnúth le leamh ar an tuarascáil :).

Hope you said that in Donegal Irish ;)

Neady... we will be thinking about you this weekend, you've done amazing training and your courage and grit are second to none. I hope the hills (and weather) are kind to you.

Very best of luck and looking forward to hearing all about it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Best of luck this weekend Neady. Enjoy:eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

best of luck with it you've done tons of work for it so itl be great delighted to see that the weather is most likely gonna behave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I heard it on the radio this morning.

I wish you nothing but the very best.

You're really incredible. Mind and enjoy yourself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

best of luck neady, more than anything remember to enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Best of luck. With the training you've been doing, it won't be much different to a normal weekend for you. Enjoy.

• Advertisement

Tracker here Neady's race no is 80 :)

It's hard to track on the phone but tracker says she's done 172km - so far :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Just checked on the laptop. Over 177Km done and as far as I can see 5th F :cool:. Amazing stuff, Neady, keep it up!

Another armchair update here: Having started at 5am, Neady is now at the last changeover @ 198km, has finished all but the last stage left to do ... a marathon... Go girl! You're amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Tá mise ag "tracking" freisin. Tá an séu bean dlúth taobh thiar, ach tá Neady ag déanamh dul chun cinn.

Yes, she is - from the tracker info about the 4th, 5th, and 6th female competitors, Neady (5th) seems to be moving the strongest through the earliest stages of the final marathon.

Holy cow! am back at the laptop, much easier to see everything - Neady you're truly awesome :cool:

Neady is through 220km and is moving very steadily (her first 2 10k splits are very close). The women's race is interesting - the leader is almost finished and number 2 seems to be unchallenged, but 3, 4, and 5 are very close together. I don't think anyone cares too much about positions at this stage, but Neady (no 5) is closing in on no 4 who has just been overtaken by no 3. She was being challenged by no 6 but that competitor has fallen back.

I am glued to the tracker (which, by the way, is amazingly well done).

Yup me too! Absolutely glued to it, she's moving really well - wasn't the goal to finish in 24 hours? She's far exceeding that with 15Km left! I thought 6th passed her temporarily a while back but she's well & truly behind her now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Love that tracker! She's playing a blinder! GO NEADY!!!!

Advertisement