Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a New Adventure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭El Director

Good luck Neady! Great updates Annie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

The next cut off was 4 hours from Iron Bridge and 25KM over difficult terrain, there were a good few drop outs at Glendalough, conditions overnight were pretty awful although thankfully it was just clearing as most of them came through there. Iron Bridge was sunny and much nicer (for the spectators anyway!!). They're a hardy bunch that's for sure!!! I'm not running in case you thought I was!!!

I guessed you were not, no way you have time to update ;) would I be right in thinking next cut off is 4 o'clock for check point Dying cow!
    your so right they are really really hardy I am so impressed :)

Sun out in Carlow so nice day now for coming in to Clonegal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Baby75 wrote: »
    I guessed you were not, no way you have time to update ;) would I be right in thinking next cut off is 4 o'clock for check point Dying cow!
    your so right they are really really hardy I am so impressed :)

Sun out in Carlow so nice day now for coming in to Clonegal :)

Yep 4pm, I wish the tracker gave the distance she is currently at, I'm useless at trying to figure it out from the 'scale' :rolleyes:

Yep 4pm, I wish the tracker gave the distance she is currently at, I'm useless at trying to figure it out from the 'scale' :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing!! I am only guessing the distance and I am a complete novice at map reading, but they are on the road coming around the bend near crossbridge well R747 so she will cross county rejoining the road near Mullinacuffe, but if you follow the road its 6.5km from R747 to Dying cow! so maybe 1KM either way it looks a more direct route that they will all be taking so I think shorter! so Neady is close now :) I used google maps to try figure it out LOL

edited to add, I hope the terrain is easy underfoot that could be a real killer now

I think under 2Km to go to check point! your flying Sinead :)

• Advertisement

Okay, tracker says she arrived at 15:44, it's getting tighter, hopefully she has time to change her shoes as planned and refuel. You're doing brilliantly S!!!

Next cut off is 2.5 hours at 9KM to Raheenakit.

She's on the home stretch now!!! Gone through CP5 at 17:15, 45 mins ahead of the cut off, brilliant!!! A mere 16KM left to the finish in Clonegal and a cut off time of 21:00. Absolutely phenomenal going Neady. You are truly awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

And looking like 3rd F too if I'm not mistaken ? That is just phenomenal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Bungy Girl wrote: »

Yep, that's what it looks like to me too! Amazing!!!

Ososlo wrote: »
    Yep, that's what it looks like to me too! Amazing!!!

You tempted to put this on your race list :D:D ?

• Advertisement

Yes she has been the whole way along :) pretty damn awesome!

You tempted to put this on your race list :D:D ?

Wouldn't be capable of something like this, G, not a hope!!! She's something else!

Ososlo wrote: »
    Wouldn't be capable of something like this, G, not a hope!!! She's something else!

Never say never! But yes, I agree, something else all together. Well done, Neady!

17 men left out there and 5 of them are behind Neady :) Still a good distance left to go but have every faith she will finish before 21:00. C'mon superwoman!! Do you thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

According to the tracker, Neady is on the home straight into Clonegal. What an amazing performance!

In case you're wondering what the home straight looks like: something like this. At this point she seems to have little over a kilometer on this road left.

As for the women's race, it looks like the top two position swapped places since Glendalough (unless I remember wrong). Number 2 back then was hot on the heels of number 1 (it was the first thing she asked when arriving in the aid-station) and she seems to have overtaken her sometime between aid stations 3 and 4.

Well done Neady, holding on for third place! Legend!

So close now your flying :)

nop98 wrote: »
    According to the tracker, Neady is on the home straight into Clonegal. What an amazing performance!

At this point she seems to have little over a kilometer on this road left.

As for the women's race, it looks like the top two position swapped places since Glendalough (unless I remember wrong). Number 2 back then was hot on the heels of number 1 (it was the first thing she asked when arriving in the aid-station) and she seems to have overtaken her sometime between aid stations 3 and 4.

Well done Neady, holding on for third place! Legend!

Was just trying to figure out how much was left :D thanks Nop! Yeah the other two changed places between 4 & 5.

Just started raining here in Carlow town I hope you miss it or least your done in a matter of minutes now

Finished! Legend!

20:17, 43 mins under the final cut off time!!!!! LEGEND indeed, SO HAPPY for you S :D:D

• Advertisement

Scratch that your finished and what a great time well done and huge congratulations on completing it your some woman for one woman :) just brilliant

A brilliant result and so well deserved with the savage work you put into your training. Over the moon for you, S! Huge congratulations on the podium place. Superb!

According to the equally awesome tracker there's one participant still left to finish, with about 3km to go and 20 minutes to do it. I really hope someone is running this guy in, must be heart-breaking to be so close and still be in danger of missing the cut-off time (which I believe is 9pm).

I hope Neady has the feet up (and another change of socks at the finishline! :eek:) and that she'll put off her next marathon-length training run for at least a day or two.

Just found the race Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheWicklowWayRace/

Nop I hope so as well or he has Support waiting to cheer him on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Absolutely brilliant performance Neady. Well done!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭diego_b

Well done Neady, well deserved and most definitely earned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Well that was some introduction to the Wicklow Way :)

First off, thanks so much to Annie Get your Run and Nop98 for meeting me at Glendalough and the Iron bridge. Going up Djouce, wading through rivers of water running down the mountain and being blown off the board walk at the top, I was sure I'd miss the cut-off so I wanted to quit but only the thought of meeting these two incredibly upbeat people at Glendalough kept me going. Everyone says that we've a great group of people here on Boards but honestly, we shouldn't ever take for granted the camaraderie and support that we have, it's incredible :)

The toughest race I've done from a mental and physical point of view. Jeff, the race director, said at the start that it's not a challenge, it's a race with tight cut-offs and he was not wrong. The cut-offs pushed me to the pin of my collar on each stage, I don't think I took in any scenery, the yellow man was all I saw all day.

Body is fairly battered and my mind is still a bit shell shocked, will be a while before normal service resumes :D Thanks to everyone for tracking and following, reading the comments on here is brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Didn't think strolling around Dangan would get you into shape to take on that challenge ;)

Definitely one for "performance of the year" award

Well done

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Neady83 wrote: »
    Well that was some introduction to the Wicklow Way :)

The toughest race I've done from a mental and physical point of view.

Now THAT is saying a lot!

I'm way behind here... missed your marathon podium too!!!! Brilliant going, looking forward to your Wicklow Way report!! I love the way you casually churn out marathons in training :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ah I was wondering if that was you when I was looking at the start list and forgot to come in and check if you were doing it.
    Smashing result - well done!

Advertisement