Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a New Adventure

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

A definite contender for log entry of the year, that one. I'm in tears reading that! What a beautiful way to get married, so personal and special. Congratulations to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Big congrats there S, some pics popped up on my fb feed and it looked amazing. Brilliant idea and very glad it worked out so well for you, best of luck for future new adventures together!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Sounds absolutely amazing S! Congrats to both of you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Ah amazing. thanks for filling us in and not skippping over the Wedding hike and details.

How incredible.

Massive congratualations to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Boards needs love heart emoji :) that's got to be the best update ever. Congratulations to you both on your wedding, the most perfect location for you and Kie, here's to many happy years running & hiking together. XX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

OH I was waiting for that log update :D best one ever and so perfect for you both I seen the pictures on FB stunning huge congratulations and sounds like a great honeymoon as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

A casual Wedding Hike update! Fantastic!!! Now that's a first and last I'd say. Congrats S. Kie is one lucky dude, you have an amazing outlook on life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

We had such a fantastic special day out gate crashing Neady's wedding. All credit for coordinating the ambush must go to Rachel who kept us all informed of the progress of the wedding party as we ascended the other side of the mountain. The mist and fog only added to the surreal occasion. Eventually we found ourselves hiding at the side of the chapel, whispering, until we got the nod from Fr. John to sneak inside. There were more than a few tears shed when we saw Neady make her entrance looking absolutely beautiful, a flower in winter, emerging from the mist. Rachel and Lorraine were stunning also and indeed Kieran scrubbed up well for a Mayo man.
    The service we'll remember always. I must have been up there a hundred times but never had a day like that. What an adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

That was the most beautiful post I've ever read on Boards, S, and a perfect narrative to those gorgeous pictures. Shotgun is right - K is a lucky gent. You're one of the most positive people I've ever met and I (again) wish you both a very long & happy married life together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

ariana` wrote: »
    OMG i'm crying reading all of that. Congratulations on what sounds like the most amazing wedding day and honeymoon. I have plans to do the reek in a few weeks time and i'll be thinking of your day now! What a fantastic start to married love, i hope the adventure continues and i have no doubt it has just begun x

No tears allowed ;) but thank you, it was pretty special. I hope ye get a nice day on the Reek, the views are so special & the church might be open for you to have a peek inside :)
    Huzzah! wrote: »
    A definite contender for log entry of the year, that one. I'm in tears reading that! What a beautiful way to get married, so personal and special. Congratulations to you both.

Awh thank you so much, it was definitely a better option than our initial idea to elope to Italy :)
    diego_b wrote: »
    Big congrats there S, some pics popped up on my fb feed and it looked amazing. Brilliant idea and very glad it worked out so well for you, best of luck for future new adventures together!

Cheers D, with all the good weather that we'd had, it never even entered my head that we might have to opt for plan B and get married at the bottom so I was so glad that everyone was up for the adventure despite the rain :)
    Sounds absolutely amazing S! Congrats to both of you :D

Thank you WW, hopefully there will be more running related updates to follow :)

• Advertisement

aquinn wrote: »
    Ah amazing. thanks for filling us in and not skippping over the Wedding hike and details.

How incredible.

Massive congratualations to you both.

Thank you a, your turn next :) will expect a detailed account of your adventure.
    Boards needs love heart emoji :) that's got to be the best update ever. Congratulations to you both on your wedding, the most perfect location for you and Kie, here's to many happy years running & hiking together. XX

Thank you A, it will be a special hike every time we go there now :)
    Baby75 wrote: »
    OH I was waiting for that log update :D best one ever and so perfect for you both I seen the pictures on FB stunning huge congratulations and sounds like a great honeymoon as well

Thanks N, Italy was the perfect spot after a great adventure in Ireland and I Kie has gotten the bug for trail running after his race in Italy :)
    A casual Wedding Hike update! Fantastic!!! Now that's a first and last I'd say. Congrats S. Kie is one lucky dude, you have an amazing outlook on life

Thank you so much M, I'm not sure if it will be the last. Fr. Kenny and Dave, the photographer, were enjoying the whole thing so much they were whispering about going into business doing ceremonies on the Reek :D

Kie might be lucky but I'm the one that's blessed. He's taken up running and hiking and is a great motivator for me so it definitely goes both ways.

Them mountains and these logs make us all a super positive bunch :)

snailsong wrote: »
    We had such a fantastic special day out gate crashing Neady's wedding. All credit for coordinating the ambush must go to Rachel who kept us all informed of the progress of the wedding party as we ascended the other side of the mountain. The mist and fog only added to the surreal occasion. Eventually we found ourselves hiding at the side of the chapel, whispering, until we got the nod from Fr. John to sneak inside. There were more than a few tears shed when we saw Neady make her entrance looking absolutely beautiful, a flower in winter, emerging from the mist. Rachel and Lorraine were stunning also and indeed Kieran scrubbed up well for a Mayo man.
    The service we'll remember always. I must have been up there a hundred times but never had a day like that. What an adventure.

You have a way with words P, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
    Dilbert75 wrote: »
    That was the most beautiful post I've ever read on Boards, S, and a perfect narrative to those gorgeous pictures. Shotgun is right - K is a lucky gent. You're one of the most positive people I've ever met and I (again) wish you both a very long & happy married life together.

Thank you C, positivity is infectious around these parts :) I'm one lucky lady ... imagine, it was Kies idea to get married on the Reek (though once he mentioned it, I ran with it) :) to many more adventures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Oh my god I've so much catching up to do :eek: Sorry I've just been in my own little bubble! Congrats on your engagement and wedding and all the amazing runs you've been doing! What a super cool way to get married. I like your style :D

Also fair play to the priest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Massive congratulations, Neady. What a brilliant way to do a wedding, nearly as impressive as the ultra-running performances.

You will both be very happy I think :).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Congrats on everything, but especially the wedding. What a great way to tie the knot! Best of luck to ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Your log updates of your many great adventures are always worth waiting for but your wedding update surpasses them all, congratulations to you both Neady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

That was a great story and congrats on the wedding. If anybody else told me they got married in the middle of a hike, I'm not sure I'd believe them, but for you it makes perfect sense. Wishing you a long and happy life together.

Advertisement