Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotherham victim says abusers are 'untouchable'

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Nodin wrote: »
    That was explained on the thread. If you wish to dig it up again there, feel free.

Explain it again because it is certainly NOT explained in that thread. All i see is some 'misunderstanding' and the fact that it was early in the morning.

The mask slipped and the back peddling began in earnest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Frito wrote: »
    In all seriousness though I have been looking for some, any feminist analysis and I'm not having much luck so far.
    I know that rape culture is a controversial term to most people, but isn't Rotherham a prime example?
    I can only assume the silence is also due to the misguided notion that Rotherham is entirely about race, and can only be discussed in that frame of reference, and that such a critique would lead to accusations of racism.

Absolutely. In some peoples minds, children being raped is the lesser evil, if it can be considered evil at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

What sentence of mine gives you that notion? Do please quote it.

Well you're accusing us of 'using' the victims which to me seems a desperate attempt at damage limitation. Quite naturally you'd want to shut down the debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

jank wrote: »
    Explain it again because it is certainly NOT explained in that thread. All i see is some 'misunderstanding' and the fact that it was early in the morning.

The mask slipped and the back peddling began in earnest.

As I said, if you want to go into it again, dig up the thread. I won't be a party to a shoddy hijack of a thread concerning childrens suffering to facilitate somebodys vendetta.

Well you're accusing us of 'using' the victims which to me seems a desperate attempt at damage limitation. Quite naturally you'd want to shut down the debate.

Not at all. If I'm acknowledging the suffering of the victims, its certainly an odd form of "damage limitation".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

A valid point. There is plenty of coverage over women issues regarding page 3, 'rape culture' in Universities, quota's, yet when it comes to organised rape by a minority group or even FGM on an almost industrial scale not much condemnation.

Any right minded individual who has liberal principles would know that in the scale of importance of the issue, showing ones boobs in the Sun and deliberately scaring and mutilating girls that the latter wins hands down. However, the feminist twitteratzi seem preoccupied with the former.

Everyone knows that minorities never commit crimes unless they are forced into it by the white male European-centric dominant culture silly.

obplayer wrote: »
    Everyone knows that minorities never commit crimes unless they are forced into it by the white male European-centric dominant culture silly.

Something nobody has said on this thread, or possibly anywhere.

Not at all. If I'm acknowledging the suffering of the victims, its certainly an odd form of "damage limitation".

You'd just prefer if we didn't ask uncomfortable questions about multiculturalism, race and political correctness. I get you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

You were replying to me in that thhread, Nodin. I pointed out terrorist activities carried out by the far left. You said that you didn't see the problem with them. When pulled up, you claimed that you misread the post. I was unaware of your political beliefs and new to your postings - so gave you the benefit of the doubt. I am aware of your beliefs now and no longer give you the benefit.

You support terrorist actions once they align with your political beliefs. You unwittingly admitted as much. I completely understand now as to why you usually refrain from giving your opinion and stick to one liners and repitive questioning instead.

Sure we couldn't jump on the bandwagon cos it was full of white men.

Like Jimmy Saville and Gary Glitter?

They would be very heartened by the comments here.

It's almost like they are posting here now.

• Advertisement

You (..........)one liners and repitive questioning instead.

As I said to the other person, feel free to dig up the thread if you want to go over it again.

You'd just prefer if we didn't ask uncomfortable questions about multiculturalism, race and political correctness. I get you now.

As in "didn't shoehorn" a xenophobic/sectarian/racist agenda" into the issue.

As in "didn't shoehorn" a xenophobic/sectarian/racist agenda" into the issue.

Race, multiculturalism and political correctness are integral parts of this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Why has there been no feminist outrage over this?

Just as a follow-up, saw a couple of articles in The Times/Sunday Times from Bindel and Turner, but it's subscription only. In fact, Bindel's article was published September 2007.

Race, multiculturalism and political correctness are integral parts of this story.

Really?

Note the following -

"Thirty-nine teachers from two leading Manchester music schools are under investigation in relation to allegations of sexual abuse of pupils, police have told the Guardian."
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/may/07/manchester-music-schools-teachers-investigation

Do we seem the same level of racism, xenophobia and sectarianism levelled there or in light of the various celebrities in the BBC scandals?

Really?

Note the following -

"Thirty-nine teachers from two leading Manchester music schools are under investigation in relation to allegations of sexual abuse of pupils, police have told the Guardian."
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/may/07/manchester-music-schools-teachers-investigation

Do we seem the same level of racism, xenophobia and sectarianism levelled there or in light of the various celebrities in the BBC scandals?

Liberal arguing tactics 101. Change the subject and accuse your opponents of being racist! lol.

As I said, if you want to go into it again, dig up the thread. I won't be a party to a shoddy hijack of a thread concerning childrens suffering to facilitate somebodys vendetta.

A little bit rich coming from yourself but anyway...

You have the floor Nodin, so why not use it.

Do you or do you not condemn ALL extrajudicial violence including murder and intimidation used by terrorist and political groups no matter if they are right or left in their ideology.

Liberal arguing tactics 101. Change the subject and accuse your opponents of being racist! lol.

Children being molested and the contrast in reactions to different groups of perpatrators. I'd say that's bang on topic meself.

Just as a follow-up, saw a couple of articles in The Times/Sunday Times from Bindel and Turner, but it's subscription only. In fact, Bindel's article was published September 2007.

Her name was put up on a website called 'Islamophobia Watch' due to her reporting on the grooming gangs. Still there now, actually.

This is what we are dealing with.

A little bit rich coming............ ideology.

I refer you to my earlier suggestion.

• Advertisement

Her name was put up on a website called 'Islamophobia Watch' due to her reporting on the grooming gangs. Still there now, actually.

Just think of the glorious future when the sex offenders list will be dwarfed by the race offenders list. And guess which group will be on early release (if we can justify convicting them at all).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Really?

Note the following -

If there is evidence to show that these crimes were reported (as so many Rotherham cases were) and then were not investigated because the alleged perpetrators were music teachers then you will have a point. Were they reported at the time and ignored, as the Rotherham cases were?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

It's all very distracting.

obplayer wrote: »
    If there is evidence to show that these crimes were reported (as so many Rotherham cases were) and then were not investigated because the alleged perpetrators were music teachers then you will have a point. Were they reported at the time and ignored, as the Rotherham cases were?

My point refers to the level of venom and xenophobia etc aimed at the British Asian community, rather than non-reporting, in this instance.

From Channel 4s fact check;
    Ceop data about the ethnicity of offenders and suspects identified by those 31 police forces in 2012 is incomplete.

The unit says: “All ethnicities were represented in the sample. However, a disproportionate number of offenders were reported as Asian.”

Of 52 groups where ethnicity data was provided, 26 (50 per cent) comprised all Asian offenders, 11 (21 per cent) were all white, 9 (17 per cent) groups had offenders from multiple ethnicities, 4 (8 per cent) were all black offenders and there were 2 (4 per cent) exclusively Arab groups.

Of the 306 offenders whose ethnicity was noted, 75 per cent were categorised as Asian, 17 per cent white, and the remaining 8 per cent black (5 per cent) or Arab (3 per cent).

By contrast, the seven “Type 2 groups” – paedophile rings rather than grooming gangs – “were reported as exclusively of white ethnicity”.

Ceop identified 144 victims of the Type 1 groups. Again, the data was incomplete. Gender was mentioned in 118 cases. All were female. Some 97 per cent of victims were white.

Girls aged between 14 and 15 accounted for 57 per cent of victims. Out of 144 girls, 100 had “at least one identifiable vulnerability” like alcohol or drug problems, mental health issues or a history of going missing. More than half of the victims were in local authority care.

The 27 court cases that we found led to the convictions of 92 men. Some 79 (87 per cent) were reported as being of South Asian Muslim origin.

Three were white Britons, two were Indian, three were Iraqi Kurds, four were eastern European Roma and one was a Congolese refugee, according to reports of the trials.

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-grooming-gangs/18739

Grooming gangs predominantly consist of non Whites. The victims are predominantly native Britons. You cannot discuss these sick crimes without acknowledging that fact.

Paedophile rings, are mostly compromised of White males. Again, that's a fact. A fact that nobody has a problem mentioning. Unlike when it comes to the grooming gangs.

reprise wrote: »
    Just think of the glorious future when the sex offenders list will be dwarfed by the race offenders list. And guess which group will be on early release (if we can justify convicting them at all).

Already happening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2893811/Branded-racists-bigots-homophobes-age-THREE-thousands-children-blacklisted-schools-using-innocuous-playground-taunts.html

Grooming gangs predominantly consist of non Whites. The victims are predominantly native Britons. You cannot discuss these sick crimes without acknowledging that fact.

Paedophile rings, are mostly compromised of White males. Again, that's a fact. A fact that nobody has a problem mentioning. Unlike when it comes to the grooming gangs.

....presumably because there's little fear of mass bandwagon jumping by various parties with other interests than child welfare at heart.

From Channel 4s fact check;

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-grooming-gangs/18739

I love how spineless the mainstream media is. They can't say Pakistani, has to be 'Asian'.

I refer you to my earlier suggestion.

Oh that's fine. You are entitled to not answer, that is your right but given the accusations leveled against you and your non condemnation to extrajudicial violence, people can make up their own minds regarding your comments.

I for one stand by my opinion that you support violence including murder against European political groups who you disagree with.

• Advertisement

Another war on kids, at least this time they were not raped.

How can one explain the lefts pathological disconnect from humanity?

Advertisement