Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotherham victim says abusers are 'untouchable'

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

no pc from me. as i've said before it doesn't exist. nothing to do with islamophobia. i'm none of that nonsense, bigoted racist or anything
    no pc from me. as i've said before it doesn't exist. nothing to do with islamophobia. islamophobic, bigoted, or racist is something i'm not so i've nothing to worry about

So how do you argue that political correctness doesn't exist?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 little_scamp

Henry9 wrote: »
    Jack Straw highlighted it and was accused of Islamaphobia. Julie Bindell wrote about it and was put on an Islamaphobia watch list. There was a documentary produced on Bradford about 2004 which was criticised for being 'insensitive'.
    That's before you get the report into the matter where staff members were told to omit that the men were predominantly Asian, or the person who was sent on 'sensitivity' training for pointing out the racial element to the crimes.
    Or how about this thread were we all have 'an agenda' and are 'anti Muslim' and 'abusing the girls again' for our own nefarious ends.
    Or the accusations of racism and calls for censorship and closing the thread?

Go back to post #2 in this thread (after deletions)
    .....and cases will continue to be swept under the carpet. Because there are too many interest groups preventing discussion. Anything to deflect. Even in this thread the first page is swipes at everything other than discussion of the abusers and the lack of action by the police.

if julie bindel finds herself on islamaphobia watch , you know things have gone slightly nutty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

So how do you argue that political correctness doesn't exist?

He just keeps repeating himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

You would have to seriously question as this stage if certain posters here are being paid here to maintain a public relations front. They only appear in the same threads constantly, harking the same old tune. Like those cold callers reading the prepared script

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

if julie bindel finds herself on islamaphobia watch , you know things have gone slightly nutty

Or that other feminists aren't doing their job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Zack Morris

You would have to seriously question as this stage if certain posters here are being paid here to maintain a public relations front. They only appear in the same threads constantly, harking the same old tune. Like those cold callers reading the prepared script

I'm more inclined to question their mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Henry9

Just painted themselves into a corner, leaving themselves nowhere to go.
    Probably no worse than those who show up at the start of the threads full of outrage, throwing around accusations, moving goalposts, then just drift away quietly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Or that other feminists aren't doing their job.

They're too busy trying to shut down debate here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I'm pretty sure no poster has denied that there is, or was, a problem in Rotherham and some surrounding areas.

End of the Road, Nodin, myself and a few others have tried to suggest that the issue might be a little more complicated than a case of "political correctness gone mad!!" For this, we get labelled apologists for child rape at worst or at best people in the payroll of the fearsome all powerful liberal PC axis of Power.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

porsche959 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure no poster has denied that there is, or was, a problem in Rotherham and some surrounding areas.

its a problem all across the UK, Rotherham is just the tip of the iceberg

most countries in Europe are seeing similar problems

the same will happen here soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭DeadHand

End of the Road, Nodin, myself and a few others have tried to suggest that the issue might be a little more complicated than a case of "political correctness gone mad!!" For this, we get labelled apologists for child rape at worst or at best people in the payroll of the fearsome all powerful liberal PC axis of Power.

And those of us who wish to discuss this issue get labelled racists, bigots, exploiters of the children involved and as having no compassion for the victims.

nokia69 wrote: »
    its a problem all across the UK

Given that - believe it or not - there are parts of the UK that have practically no immigrants or non-Europeans at all, I am dubious.

When were you last in the UK? Genuine question. I spent three weeks in Scotland recently and I didn't see a single headscarf or a hijab. The only Asian or dark-skinned person I encountered was a chap working behind the counter in a kebab-shop in Inverness.

Yeh, I know, riversss of blud and all that.

DeadHand wrote: »
    And those of us who wish to discuss this issue get labelled racists, bigots, exploiters of the children involved and as having no compassion for the victims.

What is it that you wish to discuss?

Do you accept that if someone has a different view, it does not necessarily mean that they are trying to censor or oppress discussion?

What is it that you wish to discuss?

Do you accept that if someone has a different view, it does not necessarily mean that they are trying to censor or oppress discussion?

and yet in the post above you insinuate that I'm a racist

and yet in the post above you insinuate that I'm a racist

That is not precisely correct, unless you view Enoch Powell as a racist. He always insisted that he was not.

If you make a claim like 'all of the UK is like this', expect to be challenged on it by people who have seen and can testify that it simply is not so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

That is not precisely correct, unless you view Enoch Powell as a racist. He always insisted that he was not.

If you make a claim like 'all of the UK is like this', expect to be challenged on it by people who have seen and can testify that it simply is not so.

1% of Inverness are Muslim. Maybe they don't work in customer facing roles?
    How many people did you see in total?
    You do the Math!

you are claiming that there is no longer a problem and that it was only in Rotherham and some surrounding areas

I'm claiming that the problem is much bigger that that and it occurs right across the UK, only one of us can be right, I don't think its you

you want to link me to Enoch Powell to insinuate that I'm a racist

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

its a problem all across the UK, Rotherham is just the tip of the iceberg

it has happened here all ready. all be it asian gangs weren't responsible, not that where the people are from or their herritage matters.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

you are claiming that there is no longer a problem and that it was only in Rotherham and some surrounding areas

I claimed nothing of the sort, child abuse is a big problem in society but anyone who thinks it is limited to Muslim gangs is a fool.
    I'm claiming that the problem is much bigger that that and it occurs right across the UK, only one of us can be right, I don't think its you

When were you last in the UK, maybe some personal testimony of your own experiences would be helpful?

• Advertisement

What next, youtube comments? Photos of the aurora borealis?

Anyone expressing alarm at or simply mentioning the simple fact that the overwhelming bulk of this legion of child rapists are Muslim men of Asian ethnicity have variously been implied to be a racist, a knuckledragger and/or a bigot.

It hasn't just been differing opinions the personal attacks on this thread from the politically correct/pro-immigration crowd on anyone trying to highlight this child rape has been constant.

You yourself accused Rob of rule breaking. A totally cheap, unfounded allegation that you swiftly dropped when you were called out on your lies.

Anyone expressing alarm at or simply mentioning the simple fact that the overwhelming bulk of this legion of child rapists are Muslim men of Asian ethnicity have variously been implied to be a racist, a knuckledragger and/or a bigot.

It hasn't just been differing opinions the personal attacks on this thread from the politically correct/pro-immigration crowd on anyone trying to highlight this child rape has been constant.

You yourself accused Rob of rule breaking. A totally cheap, unfounded allegation that you swiftly dropped when you were called out on your lies.

Your post bears no relation to what I was saying.

What are you talking about?

Given that - believe it or not - there are parts of the UK that have practically no immigrants or non-Europeans at all, I am dubious.

When were you last in the UK? Genuine question. I spent three weeks in Scotland recently and I didn't see a single headscarf or a hijab. The only Asian or dark-skinned person I encountered was a chap working behind the counter in a kebab-shop in Inverness.

You claim it's not a widespread problem yet hark at this...
    That's just in one town. By date of conviction, we have evidence of such exploitation taking place in Keighley (2005 and 2013), Blackpool (2006), Oldham (2007 and 2008), Blackburn (2007, 2008 and 2009), Sheffield (2008), Manchester (2008 and 2013) Skipton (2009), Rochdale (two cases in 2010, one in 2012 and another in 2013), Nelson (2010), Preston (2010) Rotherham (2010) Derby (2010), Telford (2012), Bradford (2012), Ipswich (2013), Birmingham (2013), Oxford (2013), Barking (2013) and Peterborough (2013).

And, unfortunately, that's probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Seems like quite a spread to me.

But never mind! Clearly your weekend in Inverness gives you a greater insight into the issue than the local media in these towns and cities could ever hope to attain.

Wriggle, wriggle...
    Your post bears no relation to what I was saying.

What are you talking about?

Oh, here it is!
    Odd comment from you, wouldn't be surprised if you yourself were behind the odd rash of newly registered accounts that are obsessed with race issues and bang on endlessly about political correctness.

Do you withdraw that accusation?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

because the fact they are asian or muslim has nothing of relevance. why does it matter. child raping vermin are child raping vermin. there is no politicaly correct pro immigration crowd as political correctness doesn't exist. there is a pro immigration crowd, but they haven't been trying to silence discussion here. nobody has

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

because the fact they are asian or muslim has nothing of relevance. why does it matter. child raping vermin are child raping vermin. there is no politicaly correct pro immigration crowd as political correctness doesn't exist. there is a pro immigration crowd, but they haven't been trying to silence discussion here. nobody has

It does become an issue if a pattern of behaviour has been established
    as another poster pointed out its not just rotherham
    the question needs to be asked, without people shouting racist is there something in this culture that makes them more likely to rape young girls.
    also the racism angle of it being predominantly white girls should not be ignored
    To me the really chilling aspect is the fact in all these cases its not a single person but a group doing this which brings you back to whether this is socially acceptable among certain groups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Institutionalised political correctness was a big factor in them escaping justice for so long.

Sadly true.

there is no politicaly correct pro immigration crowd as political correctness doesn't exist.

Is this a chant you do to steady the ship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Henry9

I spent three weeks in Scotland recently and I didn't see a single headscarf or a hijab.
    That's the fcuking post of the year right there.

Advertisement