Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotherham victim says abusers are 'untouchable'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Noblong wrote: »
    I never said he wasnt. And the British press allready refer to U-KIP as an insurgency party. So why do you feel it's particulary relevent to point it out?

An insurgency? Jesus wept, did you lose your way to the CT forum?

Sorry ladies. (It was ready the ladymen I was after) o/

Watch out ladymen... Nob Long in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

reprise wrote: »
    An insurgency? Jesus wept, did you lose your way to the CT forum?
    No. Heard it on a BBC interview with Farage. He didnt dispute it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

I never said he wasnt. And the British press allready refer to U-KIP as an insurgency party. So why do you feel it's particulary relevent to point it out?

An insurgency party? What's that when it's at home? Ed Miliband came out today and said that UKIP voters concerns are mostly based on reality and not prejudice.
    Ed Miliband has said that the concerns of Ukip supporters and other right-wing groups are mostly “based on reality” rather than prejudice.

The Labour leader had been asked whether he was “concerned” about Nigel Farage’s party and the rise of Eurosceptic and anti-immigration groups in the UK. He was speaking to young voters during a question and answer session on Monday at Facebook's London offices called Stand Up Be Counted: Ask The Leaders.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/ed-miliband-says-ukip-supporters-migration-concerns-are-based-on-reality-not-prejudice-10018694.html

No. Heard it on a BBC interview with Farage. He didnt dispute it either.

So you follow U-KIP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

So you follow U-KIP?

Seems like your a follower of Sinn Fein. Must be ladymen around here for you to impress with this stuff.

• Advertisement

Seems like your a follower of Sinn Fein. Must be ladymen around here for you to impress with this stuff.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it was you that brought up ladymen after gratuitously insulting women.

Personal issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Gang rape is not in the character of whites.
    jesus, i've heard it all now

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

end of the road is a the (sic) U-KIP friend?
    no i'm not. i've no time for UKIP. however i don't like people having either their children or their foster children stolen because they are a supporter.

no i'm not. i've no time for UKIP. however i don't like people having either their children or their foster children stolen because they are a supporter.

I was explaining to Noblong that you are actually a Sinn Fein man. He claimed you were not.

An insurgency party? What's that when it's at home? Ed Miliband came out today and said that UKIP voters concerns are mostly based on reality and not prejudice.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/ed-miliband-says-ukip-supporters-migration-concerns-are-based-on-reality-not-prejudice-10018694.html
    he wants to get votes for his party. if being seen to have sympathy with the views of UKIP supporters helps, then he will say whatever to be seen to agree with them in some way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Political correctness definitely exists, it's just sometimes incorrectly applied to situations, and it isn't always a bad thing.
    But sometimes, when it's at the extreme end, it's not a good thing - and doesn't allow for open discussion. That is the problem with this particular case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Political correctness definitely exists, it's just sometimes incorrectly applied to situations, and it isn't always a bad thing.
    But sometimes, when it's at the extreme end, it's not a good thing - and doesn't allow for open discussion. That is the problem with this particular case.

There you go again, interrupting our trench warfare with your reason, logic and moderation.

Look, political correctness is an utterly poisonous influence. It's always a bad thing. It is the enemy of equality and freedom of thought because it continues to be a major factor in the (continuing) rationalising and excusing of the rape and torture of children in Rotherham on the basis of the ethnicity the perpetrators and victims.

DeadHand wrote: »
    Look, political correctness is an utterly poisonous influence. It's always a bad thing.
    I dunno. Originally it was introduced as a message not to be an asshole to minorities just on the basis of them being minorities, nothing more. Today there are times it goes too far for sure and there are people constantly on the lookout for things to be offended by, but its original message is a reasonable one IMO. I wouldn't like to see that message lost either.

Police told one victim, "Don’t worry - you aren’t the first girl to be raped by XX and you won’t be the last."

Page 56 of this report - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/401125/46966_Report_of_Inspection_of_Rotherham_WEB.pdf

Utterly mindblowing.

• Site Banned Posts: 28 Barry Edmonds

I dunno. Originally it was introduced as a message not to be an asshole to minorities just on the basis of them being minorities, nothing more. Today there are times it goes too far for sure and there are people constantly on the lookout for things to be offended by, but its original message is a reasonable one IMO. I wouldn't like to see that message lost either.

Political correctness has and always will be about crushing dissent, 'you can't criticise the government's immigration policy because that's racist'. You think the elites give a **** about minorities?

looks like the council has resigned. commissioners from whitehall now in charge of running the council. source, ITV news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

looks like the council has resigned. commissioners from whitehall now in charge of running the council. source, ITV news

The Council didn't even have the dignity to resign-the commissioners straight up kicked them out:
    Government commissioners have been lined up to intervene at Rotherham Council where a culture of "complete denial" over child sexual exploitation in the town was exposed.

A report commissioned by Communities Secretary Eric Pickles said the authority was "not fit for purpose".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-31130750

The Council didn't even have the dignity to resign-the commissioners straight up kicked them out:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-31130750
    well either way, good riddens to trash

well either way, good riddens to trash

They resigned, so I'm sure that they're 'entitled' to their pensions. No arrests, grooming still going on - they hope that this will just blow away.

They resigned, so I'm sure that they're 'entitled' to their pensions. No arrests, grooming still going on - they hope that this will just blow away.
    no fear of it blowing away thankfully.

• Advertisement

Those in power actively facilitated the mass rape, torture and assault of thousands of children. They should be put away for decades. I can't imagine how incensed I'd be if my child or someone I knew had been a victim of this abuse and no one in power was held accountable.

Political correctness has and always will be about crushing dissent, 'you can't criticise the government's immigration policy because that's racist'. You think the elites give a **** about minorities?
    My point still stands. Political correctness was originally (in about the 1960s) about not harassing minorities due to being minorities, nothing more. That's a good thing IMO.

Since then, it has gone too far at times - not being able to discuss any negative aspects to immigration is one example of that; this Rotherham case is an example of it going miles and miles too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Those in power actively facilitated the mass rape, torture and assault of thousands of children. They should be put away for decades. I can't imagine how incensed I'd be if my child or someone I knew had been a victim of this abuse and no one in power was held accountable.

It's pretty stunning that a local authority has to be disbanded in this way, it shows just how large the problem was and the massive lack of care from those in authority.

from the BBC report
    n the days after the Alexis Jay report was published, Rotherham council promised much - they'd learn lessons, they'd support victims, they'd change. It hasn't happened.

Behind closed doors, they've poured scorn on the Jay report, still fear being called racist rather than acknowledge problems with Pakistani heritage men and most damningly of all are still failing to protect vulnerable children.

Is anyone here still going to maintain that fear of being called racist wasn't an issue in this case?

Also don't forget that it wasn't just Rotherham that it happened, there was also Rochdale, Bristol, Derby and others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Unfortunately this is about 2 things.
    Cultural believes, used by scumbags to justify their crimes. Used by the authorities to push this problem down the drain.
    Sexual abuse of minors. (Happens in every culture) Abused by scumbags, do they pay off their crimes? Abused by, or put on film, for members of the establishment? Who knows?
    We start losing the focus here. Spread the articles and inform the people. Who can write a solid letter to spread and send to the ministers?

"Is anyone here still going to maintain that fear of being called racist wasn't an issue in this case"

yes. i believe that was just a convenient excuse from these people. if you give a **** about children at all and you want to help them then you won't give a **** about being called racist, and you will tell anyone who tries to stop you from helping children to **** off, and **** their divercity courses up their arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

"Is anyone here still going to maintain that fear of being called racist wasn't an issue in this case"

yes. i believe that was just a convenient excuse from these people. if you give a **** about children at all and you want to help them then you won't give a **** about being called racist, and you will tell anyone who tries to stop you from helping children to **** off, and **** their divercity courses up their arse.

I don't think you understand how the politics work in these towns, if a white person gets called a racist by the right "community leaders" then their chances of being elected to anything in the future is zero

nokia69 wrote: »
    I don't think you understand how the politics work in these towns

oh i understand it well.
    nokia69 wrote: »
    if a white person gets called a racist by the right "community leaders" then their chances of being elected to anything in the future is zero

exactly, but if you care about the children, then elections would be down on the list wouldn't it. of course in this case people put their own chances of election before the children. i believe these people didn't care a less about these children and were covering up for their own personal gain, and they silenced those who did care so they could cover it up and hope it would go away for their own personal gain.

Have a peak at pages 32 to 36 of the report like a good man - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/401125/46966_Report_of_Inspection_of_Rotherham_WEB.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

I've been reading through bits of the report, and I kind of agree with end of the road. I suspect the 'PC' angle was a consideration, but also overplayed to suppress complaints from front line/junior workers, and perhaps there were other political and financial implications to turning a blind eye. The report itself frequently points out the level of denial and lack of culpability from Rotherham council predominantly, but also wider agencies. It seems nearly everyone considered these girls fair game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Yes indeed...

[FONT=Arial,Italic]
    “People were afraid that they’d get into trouble if they said something that was

perceived as racist….that was probably why the issue had been allowed to escalate

so far, and that if someone had had the guts to stand up and say ‘I don’t care what

colour you are, that’s a child’, then maybe they could have dealt with it.”
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Italic]

[/FONT]A police officer

Advertisement