Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotherham victim says abusers are 'untouchable'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭DeadHand

porsche959 wrote: »
    Odd comment from you, wouldn't be surprised if you yourself were behind the odd rash of newly registered accounts that are obsessed with race issues and bang on endlessly about political correctness.

It's an account that starts threads and comments on a wide range of issues.

Fairly vile personal accusation there, a sure sign he's winning the argument.

If you have suspicions of rule breaking occurring it should be reported in private to the mods instead of grandstanding on the thread for cheap digs. Of course, we both know you will not do that since we both know it was not an accusation with any substance but a cheap, feeble attack.

Can't believe the personal venom being spat by the supposedly "tolerant" crowd ("tolerant" toward everything but differing opinion).

Sure sign they're scrambling desperately now that they're being proven so comprehensively wrong here and by ongoing events.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Henry9

Indeed. Noted that you agree with what I said.
    But unlike you I'm reserving my ire for those who committed the vile deeds, y'know, the rapists, and those so brainwashed and blinded by tribal loyalty they allowed it to continue.
    Make sure and note that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Frito wrote: »
    I've been reading through bits of the report, and I kind of agree with end of the road. I suspect the 'PC' angle was a consideration, but also overplayed to suppress complaints from front line/junior workers, and perhaps there were other political and financial implications to turning a blind eye. The report itself frequently points out the level of denial and lack of culpability from Rotherham council predominantly, but also wider agencies. It seems nearly everyone considered these girls fair game.

That would seem to be a reasonable summation to me.

There's also of course, the possibility that some are using the 'it was the political correctness' excuse to get themselves off the hook.

I find it interesting that some posters are happy to take the excuses of those who failed to do their jobs in respect of investigating abuse at face value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

That would seem to be a reasonable summation to me.

There's also of course, the possibility that some are using the 'it was the political correctness' excuse to get themselves off the hook.

I find it interesting that some posters are happy to take the excuses of those who failed to do their jobs in respect of investigating abuse at face value.

Sorry to burst your balloon, but no posters here are doing time for raping children in Rotherham, so pardon me for not ripping up the evidence or revising the facts to pursue a warped agenda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Nodin wrote: »
    I'd be the one who saw them thanking posts that state that Jews run the media and encourage mixing of the races (and no, it wasn't meant as a good thing)

Hold on, aren't you the same person that saw no problem with extra judicial killings of people who hold a different opinion than you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

reprise wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your balloon, but no posters here are doing time for raping children in Rotherham, so pardon me for not ripping up the evidence or revising the facts to pursue a warped agenda.
    no but your taking bits of the evidence to fit your agenda

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

jank wrote: »
    Hold on, aren't you the same person that saw no problem with extra judicial killings of people who hold a different opinion than you?

No, that would be somebody else, I imagine.

no but your taking bits of the evidence to fit your agenda

Oh, there was me thinking you were ignoring me.

So what have you to say about your Sinn Fein heroes shipping child abusers and rapists to the Republic?

Do you approve?

Do you care or are you merely flapping and thrashing around here trying to make as much noise as possible?

I find it interesting that some posters are willing to ignore the conclusions of the independent report into the matter.
    As if they just asked people why they didn't do their jobs and they answered 'oh, er.... political correctness' and it went in the report.

The report is 159 pages long and examines the events in tortuous detail. It is not a case of people coming up with lame excuses and being 'off the hook'.

So what have you to say about your Sinn Fein heroes shipping child abusers and rapists to the Republic?

well, i've seen no evidence that is trust worthy to prove it to have happened.
    Do you approve?
    Do you care

if it is true, which i've seen nothing trust worthy enough to prove it, no i don't approve.

• Advertisement

well, i've seen no evidence that is trust worthy to prove it to have happened.

I provided you with a link with the relevant claims. Terrorist organisations don't operate like democratic institutions.
    if it is true, which i've seen nothing trust worthy enough to prove it, no i don't approve.

Then research the claims and make up your own mind like an adult. There are thousands of links, but here's one to get the ball rolling:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/sinn-fein-engulfed-by-yet-another-sex-abuse-scandal-as-iras-kangaroo-court-exposed-by-victim-30670742.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Then research the claims and make up your own mind like an adult. There are thousands of links, but here's one to get the ball rolling:

Oh come on, don't you know that police are the only ones that commit crime, have you learned nothing from Eotr yet?

I provided you with a link with the relevant claims. Terrorist organisations don't operate like democratic institutions.

no, some democratic institutions. the BA didn't act like a democratic institution when they were slaughtering and raping their way around NI and other similar conflicts.

[QUOTE=reprise;94205095Then research the claims and make up your own mind like an adult. There are thousands of links, but here's one to get the ball rolling:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/sinn-fein-engulfed-by-yet-another-sex-abuse-scandal-as-iras-kangaroo-court-exposed-by-victim-30670742.html[/QUOTE]

i have. and that link you posted just now is from the indo. one of the most untrust worthy sites and publications you can get

no, some democratic institutions. the BA didn't act like a democratic institution when they were slaughtering and raping their way around NI and other similar conflicts.

You didn't say you intended voting for the British army so let's park that red herring right there.

i have. and that link you posted just now is from the indo. one of the most untrust worthy sites and publications you can get

What publications do you trust? I'm sure we can rustle up a few links between us on the basis you are not a complete and utter conspiracy theory nut.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Oh come on, don't you know that police are the only ones that commit crime, have you learned nothing from Eotr yet?

Cops in Chicago shot a black guy in a car yesterday and he hasn't even started a thread about it. He may be mellowing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Why has there been no feminist outrage over this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Why has their been no feminist outrage over this?

when feminism meets multiculturalism the feminists stay silent

they hate white hetro males more than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

ROTHERHAM’s horrific abuse concerns were raised with the Home Office and the town’s MP but never acted on, The Yorkshire Post can reveal.Abuse campaigners have revealed how in 2003 they met with a senior Home Office representative to say the Rotherham Council and South Yorkshire Police could not be trusted and called for urgent Government action.

And in 2009 they wrote to Denis MacShane with a five page letter detailing abuse concerns made by a Rotherham family but received no response.

Mr MacShane has said he was never approached by constituents raising abuse concerns, and that was why he did not speak on the issue of Rotherham-specific abuse in the House of Commons.

The former MP said he has no knowledge of the letter, and that as it was not directly addressed to him but to a larger group he might not necessarily have had to act on it.

The letter was sent by charity Parents Against Child Sexual Exploitation, then known as CROP, who said its own researcher had to stop work because of fears a serving police officer was passing information on to abusers.

Evidence of the 2009 letter, released by the influential Home Affairs Select Committee, comes as it emerges former Rotherham Council staff face criminal charges for misconduct in public office.

South Yorkshire Police chief constable David Crompton revealed he asked the National Crime Agency to look at council failings and those of his own force as part of its investigation into how abuse claims were handled.

The abuse charity PACE said it still could not understand why when the Home Office was informed of widespread abuse, incompetence or worse in public office and the possibility of police corruption, civil servants did nothing.

Minutes from the charity show that in early 2002 the Home Office knew its own researcher was under pressure to stop asking difficult questions, with records stating “The Home Office in London…know that she is being asked to falsify data and has other problems.”

The Home Office though told Rotherham charities and youth workers that the researcher’s work was to be axed and, it can today be revealed, banned them from publishing the provisional abuse inquiries.

From 2003 onwards briefing notes had been prepared for the then Home Secretary David Blunket and the charity was told “The Home Secretary is ready to read what CROP sends.”

In 2004 charity chair of trustees Hilary Willmer met with Sue Jago from the Home Office “in which she promised the Home office would give a high profile to the issues we raised”.

Ms Willmer last night said: “When we found out what was happening to these girls we assumed everyone would be horrified and there would be immediate action. We had to painfully learn that that was not the case, including when we told the Home Office.”

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/main-topics/general-news/exclusive-mp-and-home-office-failed-to-act-on-rotherham-grooming-11-years-ago-1-6913834

Why has their been no feminist outrage over this?
    Too busy telling the world there's a 'rape culture' and a 'rape epidemic' and '25% of college women will be raped' and giving a perpetual platform to a twitter account with unverified accounts of women facing harassment and abuse and blah blah blah.
    Too busy trying to shut down page 3.

I picked up the English Observer today, the London Independent yesterday, I read the Guardian online every weekday, you'd barely know it had happened. The report wasn't mentioned on QT on the BBC on Thursday.

Some fat scientist wears a goofy t shirt and there's a meltdown. Some oddball in the US goes postal with a rifle and there's wall to wall commentary on the problems with 'men' and 'masculinity'.

1400 girls systematically tortured and raped over a decade and a half. Can you imagine the sh1tstorm if the perpetrators were white?

Pretty much ignored because it doesn't fit the narrative. It's mind boggling.

Go over to TLL forum and register your opinion on the thread set up to discuss it. Oh wait, good luck finding one. There's one reference to 'Rotherham', 3 months ago.

If a crisp advert came out with some woman's breasts showing, or some pink toy is aimed at girls, you wouldn't be able to refresh the page quickly enough to keep up.

Tumbleweed.
    That's what identity politics brings to the world.

Yeah I knew the answer before I asked. It's depressing though, British feminists make a lot of noise over Page 3 and a guy wearing a shirt but not this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

1400 girls systematically tortured and raped over a decade and a half. Can you imagine the sh1tstorm if the perpetrators were white?

That's just in one town. By date of conviction, we have evidence of such exploitation taking place in Keighley (2005 and 2013), Blackpool (2006), Oldham (2007 and 2008), Blackburn (2007, 2008 and 2009), Sheffield (2008), Manchester (2008 and 2013) Skipton (2009), Rochdale (two cases in 2010, one in 2012 and another in 2013), Nelson (2010), Preston (2010) Rotherham (2010) Derby (2010), Telford (2012), Bradford (2012), Ipswich (2013), Birmingham (2013), Oxford (2013), Barking (2013) and Peterborough (2013).

And, unfortunately, that's probably just the tip of the iceberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

nokia69 wrote: »
    when feminism meets multiculturalism the feminists stay silent

they hate white middle class hetro males more than anything

fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Henry9 wrote: »

and 1400 is just one small town, what the number for the rest of the UK

whats the number for the rest of Europe

but yeah its page 3 and stuff like it that really matter

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Sure we couldn't jump on the bandwagon cos it was full of white men.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

In all seriousness though I have been looking for some, any feminist analysis and I'm not having much luck so far.
    I know that rape culture is a controversial term to most people, but isn't Rotherham a prime example?
    I can only assume the silence is also due to the misguided notion that Rotherham is entirely about race, and can only be discussed in that frame of reference, and that such a critique would lead to accusations of racism.

No, that would be somebody else, I imagine.

So this was not you then, where you have no problem with terrorist violence which included murder.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92711041&postcount=498
    Seeing as they only target fascists and racists, I'm not seeing the problem meself.

Obviously the problem is the use or extreme violence and murder to get their 'point' across. We have had 30 years of this whataboutery in NI with thousands of lives destroyed. This attitude makes me sick tbh.

jank wrote: »
    So this was not you (...............)me sick tbh.

That was explained on the thread. If you wish to dig it up again there, feel free.

Oddly, I'm sickened by people using even child victims of sex abuse to get in their own agendas and personal attacks.

That was explained on the thread. If you wish to dig it up again there, feel free.

Oddly, I'm sickened by people using even child victims of sex abuse to get in their own agendas and personal attacks.

So you'd rather we didn't discuss this crime?

So you'd rather we didn't discuss this crime?

What sentence of mine gives you that notion? Do please quote it.

• Advertisement

A valid point. There is plenty of coverage over women issues regarding page 3, 'rape culture' in Universities, quota's, yet when it comes to organised rape by a minority group or even FGM on an almost industrial scale not much condemnation.

Any right minded individual who has liberal principles would know that in the scale of importance of the issue, showing ones boobs in the Sun and deliberately scaring and mutilating girls that the latter wins hands down. However, the feminist twitteratzi seem preoccupied with the former.

Advertisement