Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multi room baby monitor?

Options
  • 29-01-2015 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi i have a toddler and am expecting another baby. we still use a baby monitor for the toddler as she still wakes some nights. the new baby will be in a different room so the problem i have is finding a way to have two monitors in the house without them interfering with eachother or finding a reasonably priced multi room monitor. ive had a look online and couldnt believe the amount of mams that have the same problem. im just wondering if any mams out there have found out a solution to this without having to stop monitoring the toddler? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

We just use 2 monitors. One in baby's room and one in toddlers room. Then we have both the parent units set up in our bedroom. The baby's one on out bedside locker and the toddlers one the other side of our room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

We bought a very cheap Analogue monitor for the toddler, we only needed it when we were downstairs with the TV on, we didn't really need once we were in bed ourselves (though i did bring up the parent unit for the first while), we'd hear him or he'd come into us (he was in a bed before 2). And we used the Angelcare Digital monitor for the baby, there was a no interference between the 2 monitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We use two as well and have no issues. Originally had the Angelcare and a basic plug in Motorola for the toddler. Our Angelcare broke so bought a portable but still basic Motorola for the baby then (well he was probably around 1 then). Even though it's two motorollas they don't interfere and were good value to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kim.85

Sligo1 wrote: »
    We just use 2 monitors. One in baby's room and one in toddlers room. Then we have both the parent units set up in our bedroom. The baby's one on out bedside locker and the toddlers one the other side of our room.

Thanks. Do you have any problems with interference? Do you mind me asking what brands/models they both are so ive something to work off as a starting point? the one i currently have is the angelcare monitor so if i could find one to work successfully with that, id be delighted.

sillysocks wrote: »
    We use two as well and have no issues. Originally had the Angelcare and a basic plug in Motorola for the toddler. Our Angelcare broke so bought a portable but still basic Motorola for the baby then (well he was probably around 1 then). Even though it's two motorollas they don't interfere and were good value to buy.

Thats brilliant!! Il chance getting a cheap motorola one then and see if it works with the angelcare alright. am over the moon with that cos i loved using the motion mat with the angelcare when my daughter was first born so at least thatd mean i could do the same again with this tot and use the motorola for the toddler. Do u rem where u got the motorola or is there a particular model ud recommend or do u reckon theyd all be ok?

Thanks a million for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

kim.85 wrote: »
    Thats brilliant!! Il chance getting a cheap motorola one then and see if it works with the angelcare alright. am over the moon with that cos i loved using the motion mat with the angelcare when my daughter was first born so at least thatd mean i could do the same again with this tot and use the motorola for the toddler. Do u rem where u got the motorola or is there a particular model ud recommend or do u reckon theyd all be ok?

Thanks a million for your help!

We were exactly the same when our youngest was born...... Wanted a monitor for the older one but really wanted to use Angelcare for the baby. Just looked at Smyths there and I'm pretty sure the ones we have now are mbp11 and mbp8. The only difference really is that one has to be plugged in so isn't as portable but really we just have it plugged in in sitting room in the evening and bedroom at night so that doesn't really matter. We got the second motorolla one when our Angelcare broke and that one works off batteries that you charge just like the Angelcare so you can carry it around with you rather than plugging it in.

Thats a perfect solution for us then cos we can use the plugged in one for the toddler. That way weve the portable option with the angelcare. Thanks for your help - thats a huge relief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

kim.85 wrote: »
    Thanks. Do you have any problems with interference? Do you mind me asking what brands/models they both are so ive something to work off as a starting point? the one i currently have is the angelcare monitor so if i could find one to work successfully with that, id be delighted.

We have 2 tommee tippee monitors. Find them great. We initially had a toommee tippee and an angelcare monitor but the angelcare made loads of funny noises and I think this was the interference whereas the TT monitor never made the noises. So we sold the angelcare and go the other TT monitor and there's never been a problem.

Advertisement