Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XB1 - Season 1 - SuperBowl Report

Options
  • 29-01-2015 6:47pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I really wish I had wrote this report yesterday or just recorded the highlights,memory is awful but anyway.

Packers start with the ball but its not long before the Browns have forced them into a 3rd and 15/17 situation inside their own half.
    A bit of a defensive mix up leaves Jordy Nelson wide open on the right hand side of the field,Rodgers pings an accurate pass over there,Nelson catchs and races home for a 65 yard TD.

7-0 Packers
    Browns go on a long drive right up to the Packers redzone,Packers hold the Browns to minimal yardage on the 1st 2 plays,Browns try a read option(there only attempt at one in the game) on a 3rd on 5,Peppers reads it though so its handed off to Tate who makes the 5 yards for a TD midway through the 2nd quarter.
    7-7 Browns
    Browns D then goes into lockdown for the next 2 and a bit quarters,although the secondry would have stone hands on alotta plays deflecting the ball 6 times :( but getting decent pressure on Rodgers.
    Packers D though also were having a good game,Mike Daniels was a constant threat(he would end with 3 sacks) and multiple hurries,also AJ Hawk was very good in the run game and was leading tackler on the day with 9(6 solo).
    Manziel wasn't getting much time in the pocket nor space to run,on one such play Daniels burst through the middle at him,Manziel escapes right only for Clay Matthews to be charging that way,spotting the Daniels had been picked up again gets back to the pocket and trys to move up through it only for 2 more linebackers to bar down on top of him but he almost makes a play when he throws it over there head to Gordon 5 yards away near the sidelines,it ends up outta bounds though.
    With both defenses on top the next score didn't come till near the end of the half,Rodgers on his 30 throws a ball short but its picked off by Dansby.
    Inside the 2 minute warning the Browns settle for 3,a mixture of good D by the Packesr and conservative play calling from the Browns knowing they got the ball back at the start of the second half.

10-7 Browns HT.
    Browns start the half well, on a play action pass Manziel hits Gordon over the middle,he races away from the CB for a 76 yard TD.
    17-7 Browns
    Both teams force punts after,on one such punt Browns force a fumble by Cobb,3 Browns have a go at diving on the ball but all miss and the ball trickles out of play.
    Browns go on a long drive in the 4th,strong packers D force a punt but it has drained a good bit of clock.
    Packers are 3rd and 10 on their own 30,Rodgers gets good protection,he throws a pass a good 30/40 yards down the right sideline to Cobb who's wide open but its overthrow and goes out over the sideline.
    With about 4mins on the clock and 4th down Packers decide to go for it but everything is covered downfield and Rodgers goes down.
    Browns try to run clock but are stopped pretty quicky and settle for a FG.
    20-7 Browns
    Packers go into hurry up mode and make it out to the 40,here on 3rd down Rodgers throws another bomb this time down the left sideline and ths time its brought it by Davante Adams for a 61 yard reception.
    Inside the 20 the Browns can't stop Rodgers and the Pack as Rodgers hit Adams again for a TD
    20-14 Browns
    With about 2.20 to go Browns try to run down the clock,Pack have 1 TO left but are stuffed twice,on 3rd down they go play action,the pass is there but Manziel can't get it away before Daniels is on him for the sack.
    Browns punt it back to around the 30.
    Packers have 1.20 and 0 timeouts to win this.
    Browns intially keep them to short yardage but then Rodgers gets a good chunk hitting Bokin over the middle for a 21 yard gain but it comes at a cost.
    Rodgers goes down injured and on comes Matt Flynn,Flynn does well though hitting first a short one to Nelson and then another to Bostick.
    Rodgers come back onto the field immediately makes a play,throwing a bullet over the middle to Bostick who's stopped short just 4 yards out.
    20 seconds to get up to the line and for 1 last pass.
    Rodgers hikes the ball but he's hit by Jamal Sheard before he can make a pass and the game is over.

GG Nelbert,I pretty much thought you had it at the end there and I couldn't seem to stop you,you just ran outta time.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

man Rodgers getting injured at a key time, toug one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

In fairness flynn completed two passes while on the field and the injury stopped the clock so I actually don't put that as a factor. Had I of got that last pass away it was a TD. Bostick on a stick route but I'd 5 in pass protection versus a 7 man goalline front. The pass had to be quick. It just wasn't quick enough.

Advertisement