Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You can go 15 years back in time and give yourself one bit of advice. What is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Work less
    Play more
    In 3 years time, don't go to that place where you did that thing. You're welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Watch what women do, not what they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Dep! wrote: »
    Ahahaha. Seriously? :)

You're going to invent Facebook all without the circumstances that Zuckerberg had? Harvard. His circle of programming friends. The likes of Eduardo Saverinand and others who helped build it with Zuckerberg?

You are living in a feckin' fantasy land if you think you could do Facebook with your own knowledge. And this is a fantasy thread to begin with!

This is you tbh http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/spoiled-girl.jpg

Na, you're just being idiotic, argumentative and a know it all. I had the means and knowledge and right people around me to do it. what I said was I would have done exactly what he did, because it worked. Like start out on the colleges etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Without doubt should have got a vasectomy and got the hell out of Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

smash wrote: »
    Na, you're just being idiotic, argumentative and a know it all. I had the means and knowledge and right people around me to do it. what I said was I would have done exactly what he did, because it worked. Like start out on the colleges etc.

https://lucysfootball.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/now.jpg

It's a fantasy thread. Get over it.

It's a fantasy thread. Get over it.

"fantasy" is the right word for you all right.

Bless :)

"fantasy" is the right word for you all right.

Bless :)

Learn to work harder on your trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lucy B

Get a good job, save, and try and travel a bit.

• Advertisement

Learn to work harder on your trolling.

"I could have invented Facebook. Waaaaaah!"

http://www.ronedmondson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/spoiled-child.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

"Stay, Don't go back, She's not worth it"

Lucy B wrote: »
    Get a good job, save, and try and travel a bit.

Id say most people get to do all that without a time travelling self telling them to ;)

Like I said over and over. I could have. It might not have worked out like it did but I'm try damn hard to make it.

Now... http://images2.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED9/4fc9d0dfb2c32.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The machines, Sarah - it was the machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I'd tell him there's far better women to **** to rather than the 40-something mother of his friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

c_man wrote: »
    I'd tell him there's far better women to **** to rather than the 40-something mother of his friend.

Wash your mouth out! Linda Hamilton be a fine thaaang!! :)

c_man wrote: »

But they're always the best **** :(

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

dont be a pain in the face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

Smash and Dep! cut it out or ye'll both go to bed straight after dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

"Don't buy that Apartment, the arse will fall out of the market in 2008!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Keep your mouth shut, no one needs to know you know every capital of every country in the world at the age of nine.

Keep your head down, start working out at 16, keep brushing your teeth and switch secondary schools because the one you will go will ruin you.

Other than that, don't change a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Health checks. Get a yearly 'NCT' done on your body.

Actually studies show that is not a good idea as you will assume everything is fine and don't go to the doctor when you have issues you should go to a doctor about.

Personally I would say don't stay in company that keeps telling you that you are lucky to have a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Don't sweat the small stuff.....oh wait I did take that advice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheShockmaster

One bit of advice, probably "nearly all women are not worth the energy you will put into chasing them, but for someone you have a connection with, don't be afraid to say it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

I was almost 20. Relax and and don't try so hard.

One bit of advice, probably "nearly all women are not worth the energy you will put into chasing them or the thought you will put into them, but for someone you have a connection with, don't be afraid to say it"

One bit of advice, probably "nearly all women are not worth the energy you will put into chasing them or the thought you will put into thinking about them, but for someone you have a connection with, don't be afraid to say it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Id say" before you turn 40 get that cough sorted ASAP"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

You've experienced a lot of trauma, it's painful and hell to deal with, but the earlier you get the right help to deal with it, the less of an affect it's gonna have on your life. The sh1t thing is there's no one to help with it, so I don't have any easy answer as to where to get that help.

There will be some but they'll be useless, and they'll just say you don't talk much, rather than seeing there's a reason for that, and trying to see your inner pain. But things really aren't ok for you, and the earlier you find a way to deal with the stuff the better.

Oh and don't listen to or believe anyone who implies that you're weak for being affected, and for wanting help to deal with stuff. You're not. You're just human, and you're actually very strong for realising the affects and wanting to deal with them.

most of the posts on the thread may be jokey - sorry, not sorry - but hey my life, my advice ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

1. You really cannot afford to run that BMW.

2. Stop dating women from cork, the ones you're picking are all insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Save your communion money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Rent forever

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

have a third child, you will regret not doing so every day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

dont worry about anything, you will eventually invent time travel. by the way, here are plans for building a time machine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Develop a passion and work in that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

I would tell myself:
    Don't move to Ireland! Stay at home and spend that precious time with your grandparents as you will never get it back.
    Get the braces whilst you're under 18 and they're free - you will HUGELY regret not doing so.
    Go to college, get into a profession that you enjoy being in.
    Don't marry that man.
    And for Gods sake, SAVE SOME BLOODY MONEY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Me: "When you go back in time to give yourself advice, remember to bring enough plutonium so you can go back to your own time....."

*Kicks DeLorean*

Me: "God-fúckin'-dammit!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Tell the M50 planners they need 5 lanes boths ways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

"At the very start of the the third round, he will feint with the left, then throw a right. Remember, don't react to the left, watch out for the right and make sure you slip it."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭valoren

Contact the CIA/FBI and tell them it would be a really good idea to increase airport security.

Contact Oceanographers and tell them tsunami early waring systems in the indian ocean would be a really good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

Jesus, I've read it all now. Some lad developed a MMS app in college and now rues the fact that it didn't become Facebook. I got a hole in one playing pitch and putt when I was 10. Could have become a pro golfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Simply to accept yourself and that 95% of stuff simply isn't worth worrying about.

RomanKnows wrote: »
    Jesus, I've read it all now. Some lad developed a MMS app in college and now rues the fact that it didn't become Facebook. I got a hole in one playing pitch and putt when I was 10. Could have become a pro golfer.

Welcome back Dep!

First: It wasn't in college.
    Second: It wasn't an MMS app, it was a website which accepted photo uploads from mobile through an MMS gateway.
    Third: I don't rue the fact that it didn't become facebook. That's just something you got in your head after you accused me of not having the knowledge to create something like it, and I told you that you were wrong.

Now, I'll direct you back here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94064688&postcount=65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

My Da would kill your Da.

anncoates wrote: »
    My Da would kill your Da.

• Advertisement

RomanKnows wrote: »

He has to be winding us up. Im now finding his posts hilarious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Dont buy a property in 2006. Nuff said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Andrewf20 wrote: »

Especially in Bulgaria!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Andrewf20 wrote: »

Or... buy property straight away and sell in 2006!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭manonboard

Emotions are just skills which are triggered by your thoughts ..n read the following book. Awareness by anthony de mello.

• Advertisement
Advertisement