Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You can go 15 years back in time and give yourself one bit of advice. What is it?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Get dug into every piece of fanny you fancy. Otherwise you'll regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭garp

Go back to school/College
    and don't put your savings into Irish Life... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Oyva bigwan

Get dug into every piece of fanny you fancy. Otherwise you'll regret it.

BIG TIME MAN,

BIG TIME!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

[QUOTE=Oyva bigwan;94237703]BIG TIME MAN,

BIG TIME![/QUOTE]

My long lost brother :eek: Where have you been?!

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Caliden wrote: »
    What was in the bucket Dan?

Thai whiskey, a blackout and a hangover that left me numb for a week. Not recommended. Makes a tequila hangover feel like Disneyland by comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I would have said to myself to marry my husband sooner, elope, he had proposed at that stage, we did not marry until a few years later and it was a regret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Move to America with the kids, don't listen to them not wanting to go, they will adapt. Then I wouldn't have to put up with being the one that the whole family rely on all the time and feel worn out and stressed organising everyone's lives.

I can't wait to move away from the family dramas in less than 2 years but knowing my luck I will get sick or something else will happen that keeps me stuck here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

I'd tell myself not to get a mortgage. Go off see the world.
    Do what you want to do, not what others want to do.
    They'll always look out for themselves, you've only got you to look out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Don't take in that good for nothing ponce you thought you could fix.

Do still go out with his mate though.

Be yourself and don't try too hard to please. You'll never make everyone happy, so stick to making yourself happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

garp wrote: »
    Go back to school/College
    and don't put your savings into Irish Life... :(

Or have a substantial pension with or shares in any major Irish bank in 2007. I know one guy who lost 60k in that fiasco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Not to care about what others think about you so much. Don't conform to a group just because everyone seemingly has to be pigeonholed.

Don't trust so easily or take people on face value. Realise that your mother is only human sooner and try to make her see that you both can do it without that controlling ass.

Follow your dreams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I'll have to redact that with regards to the charter, it was funny though. :o

I'll have to redact that with regards to the charter, it was funny though. :o

Now Im curious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I was 9 ....
    Emmmm don't get that nose piercing you'll live to regret it.
    You'll meet someone when you're 17 ... Walk away. You'll throw away over 4 years of your life hanging onto a promise and a hope that some day he will change. He won't and still hasn't.

The Imediate feeling of sadness you'll feel when you reject the offer of a relationship will hurt, but that hurt will heal and pass quickly, mental and emotional hurt of those near 5 years will leave scars you wish you never had and may truely never disappear, always forever faded.

But you're only 9, take the make up off and go ride a bike, things are so much easier for you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AlabarAlSol

**** it all.. Go ham with maths and Science. Get swole. Care less about negative consequences and more about positive results.

You are not insane, just stupid.. This can change easier than insanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Simi

Kiss her

Simi wrote: »
    Kiss her

For sure.

Although Id hand my year 2000 self a list of specifically who to kiss when the moment arises. "Gather ye flower buds while ye may" and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

You can go 15 years back in time and give yourself one bit of advice. What is it?

Keep going ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

**** it all.. Go ham with maths and Science. Get swole. Care less about negative consequences and more about positive results.

What is "swole" and how does one get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Staying single is the best thing you ever did although you should crush more pussy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭hotmatottie10

Get some therapy, and then feck off and travel oh and kiss her not him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

24 yrs old in 2000
    Give up that drink driving lark its a mugs game it'll cost you a small fortune ease up on the drink also.
    You've a cushy number at the moment hold on to it for the next six yrs the grass is never greener on the far side.
    Spend more time with your grand parents they've not long left of this world.
    Oh buy buy buy 2006 sell sell sell !

• Registered Users Posts: 43 percy glendening

I'd take May Mays advice.
    She was a neighbour of mine many years ago
    She told me "never get into farming"
    Did i take heed.
    Not atal

Advertisement