Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scuf hybrid broke

Options
  • 29-01-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

Ok so my scuf hybrid took a fall the other day and when i tried to use it yesterday, the left thumbstick is fooked . It has a mind of its own, it just sprints without me pressing it in bo2

So just want to know is it a case of replaceing the thumbstick or could the inside of the controller be damaged, dont want to send it back to scuf as its too much hassle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Ok so my scuf hybrid took a fall the other day and when i tried to use it yesterday, the left thumbstick is fooked . It has a mind of its own, it just sprints without me pressing it in bo2

So just want to know is it a case of replaceing the thumbstick or could the inside of the controller be damaged, dont want to send it back to scuf as its too much hassle

If it has a mind of its own - i.e. moving when you're not touching it, then Its probably screwed. could you try and replace the damaged bits from a working controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Would the parts be the same as a scuf ?

Tbh tho i wouldnt have a clue what id be at:pac:

Maybe il open it up and have a look , if i break it how bad

Would the parts be the same as a scuf ?

Tbh tho i wouldnt have a clue what id be at:pac:

Maybe il open it up and have a look , if i break it how bad

As far as I know, most of the things scuf do are additions - i.e. the trigger stops, different shaped thumbsticks etc. - you should be able to transfer those over handy enough - you might need a fancy set of screwdrivers to open them though
    or try this
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-open-an-XBOX-360-controller-without-a-speci/

THe screws on the scuf are normal ones anyway:)

Think i have a set of weird screwdrivers aswell ha

Going at it now , will be more broke after :D

well? did you have any joy?

• Advertisement

well? did you have any joy?

I think so ha all i did was took it apart and switched the 2 thumbsticks and so far its working away. There was a bit of broken plastic in it but i couldnt see where it came from so just threw it away:)

I think so ha all i did was took it apart and switched the 2 thumbsticks and so far its working away. There was a bit of broken plastic in it but i couldnt see where it came from so just threw it away:)

nice one! great sense of satisfaction from sorting something like that yourself.

Ya im delighted , was full sure itd have be sent off

Advertisement