Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free electricity Query

Options
  • 29-01-2015 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

The dsp give a  €35 monthly allowance and say this can be carried forward and used whenever suits.

I have a dual plan with EI, and this allowance is on my electric bill.

My next bills are due shortly and only a week apart.

Can any unused credit from my electric bill be used off my gas bill.

Regards,

danjo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi danjo,

Thank you for your message.

We can only apply the allowance directly to your electricity account. The allowance is now calculated as a daily allowance and will be applied on one bill only. However, if your electricity account is in credit, you can contact us to ask us to apply it to the gas account afterwards. This won't happen automatically and you would need to contact us every time you wanted this to happen.

If you've any further queries, do let us know.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hi danjo,

Thank you for your message.

We can only apply the allowance directly to your electricity account. The allowance is now calculated as a daily allowance and will be applied on one bill only. However, if your electricity account is in credit, you can contact us to ask us to apply it to the gas account afterwards. This won't happen automatically and you would need to contact us every time you wanted this to happen.

Regards,
    Aoife
    Hi Aoife and thanks for quick response.

1. Say my next bill is €50 and my free allowance is €70 will I get credit for the other €20

2. Can the free allowance be switched from electricity to gas a/c for next winter.

Regards,

danjo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi danjo,

You're very welcome.

As the Free Electricity Allowance is calculated on a daily basis, you will receive the full amount regardless of whether you use it or not. Any credit on a particular bill can be transferred to another. Otherwise, it will be carried forward to the next electricity bill.

You are free to decide whichever fuel you wish to have the allowance for, but we can't apply the Free Gas Allowance directly to your gas bill. Any customer of Electric Ireland who wishes to avail of the allowance for gas needs to contact the Department of Social Protection. The Department will arrange with the customer how to receive the allowance.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement