Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickstarted Games

Options
  • 29-01-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

I've only kickstarted PC games before (Broken Age and Massive Chalice), but last night I kickstarted a card and a board game:

Exploding Kittens - Exploding Kittens is a highly strategic kitty-powered version of Russian Roulette. Players take turns drawing cards until someone draws an exploding kitten and loses the game. The deck is made up of cards that let you avoid exploding by peeking at cards before you draw, forcing your opponent to draw multiple cards, or shuffling the deck.
    9 days in and has $4.7million raised (€10,000 asked for) :eek:. It looks fun, there is both a kid friendly and adult-only version ($20 gets the kid friendly, $35 gets one of both). Estimated delivery is July'15, downsides are that delivery is $15 and the euro is weak at the moment.

Tiny Epic Galaxies - 30min MICROGAME of Intergalactic Conquest for 1-5 Players! Develop your empire and colonize planets to create the most powerful galaxy!
    After kickstarting Kittens, I was browsing the site and came across Tiny Epic Galaxies. A friend had recently gushed about Tiny Epic Kingdoms to me and had said he was impatiently waiting for this, good reviews on BoardGameGeek so I decided to go for it. Expected September '15. $300,000 pledged of its $15,000 goal, with 8 days left. $24 (+$12 shipping) for deluxe version (base game plus expansion).

So what games have people kickstarted/are kickstarting?

Advertisement