Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa conditions for Dependant in ROI

Options
  • 29-01-2015 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello All,
    I am living happy life with my family. I have very good job, children are going to School and my wife is very well settled in the community. I am Pakistani and British dual nationality holder. Beside all is very well; I have a big problem here in London that UK immigration is not issuing visa to my mother. She is over 70, living alone in Pakistan, dependent on me. It does not mean only on me. My other brothers are also sending her money from UK and other countries. I am supporting regularly. She want to live with me, she does not want to live with any other son. I have applied 2-3 times in the past but visa was refused specifying reasons such as we have sisters in Pakistan, they can take care of mom, why my mother does not go to other brothers in Canada and Brazil. We are 3 brothers here in London all 3 are settled and can support our mother. After spending enough time with UK immigration; one of my friends suggested me to move in Dublin and live a nice life there. He said Dublin is cheaper than London and ROI will issue visa to my mother as well then I can serve my mother in her old age when she needs me. The main problem will be job in Ireland. I am planning to carry on my London job, rent a home in Dublin, keep my family there and travel from Dublin to London every week. I know it will be difficult, I might find a good relative job in Dublin as well in near future.
    My question from the forum is; Is this a right suggestion that I will get a visa for my mother as I am British national. I will be on job and will have National Insurance number in ROI and tax registered person. What are chances to get settled there and bring my mother there with me in same home. Both countries are English and I have no problem to live away from London if my mom comes to me.

PLEASE suggest if you have some experience in this case so I can take this big step and can serve my mother for rest of her life.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Not the right forum. I'm going to lock it for now until I can think of somewhere more suitable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement