Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lc physics /chemistry subject help

• 29-01-2015 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Ugh so i

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 alex1186

The maths in physics is simple algebra!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BuckleyX7

The maths in physics is simple manipulation of formula, scientific notation, and solving equations with one unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Conaaaa

Extremely simple? It looks very hard if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BuckleyX7

Conaaaa wrote: »
    Extremely simple? It looks very hard if you ask me

Well it would look hard when you've no idea what is going on or why.

Trust me, it is nothing to be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Conaaaa

Okay well whats the impossible factor in physics so?:/ or is it hyped up like chemistry is meant to be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

The Maths in Physics is not hard. I got a C in JC Maths and Science and I'm an A/B Physics student. The lads who do OL in my class are fine too. It's just manipulation of formulae etc. Physics is to an extent hyped us as to be impossible due to the level of Maths, but it would be a wrong assumption.

The whole course starts to come together around this time of year in 6th Year, different topics link up and it clicks!

It's a great subject to have and definitely the most interesting one I study. Talk to a Physics teacher in your school and say you're interested in it but worried about the Maths, they'll reassure you about it and might even give pointers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

While the mathematical steps are no more difficult than JC maths, several of the question types require a relatively mathematical brain. I think it misrepresents to say the maths is easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Conaaaa wrote: »
    Okay well whats the impossible factor in physics so?:/ or is it hyped up like chemistry is meant to be

That question is relative . All subjects are easy if you are good at them .

Physics is a nice fair exam . Experiments are predictable and straight forward .
    Section b - same style of questions come up time and time again . Particle physics you can almost always bank on . It's worth putting in the work , nothing better than coming out of an exam knowing you got an A. Definitely achievable in physics.

The maths is easy . Using the minus b formula is the worst it gets . The rest is manipulation of formula .

It's just knowing what to do with the information they give you . It's called applying yourself . Not always as easy as it seems !

Advertisement