Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swimming lessons for kids

Options
  • 29-01-2015 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭

looking to send my kids for swimming lessons and have tried NAC, Crunch Fitness, Coolmine, Castleknock Hotel. Terms have started so I want to sign up for the next session, but it seems like Coolmine is the one with any organisation and they have a waiting list....over 1200 people on it! All the others just say ring back, we don't know when so just keep trying!! A bit ridiculous really from a business point of view!

Anyway, can anyone let me know if there is anywhere else that I might be able to try, because I would like to get them started ASAP and no doubt, I will miss the next session with the above not having any structure

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Try Finglas if its not too far away for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Finglas are supposed to be very good, my cousins have taken lessons there and travel from Ratoath.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

where in finglas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Big DCC swimming pool on Mellowe's Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

the two pools in the deaf village on navan road - near cabra cross do lessons as well. Some of the same teachers are in finglas. I think they are under something like "Dublin 7 Swim lessons" on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

D7 or dublin7 swim classes have moved to a (near) newer modern swimming pool.

You can search facebook or ill see if I can get more details for you.

They run terms €50 for 6 weeks I think

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Search swim class D7 on face book for info

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

My daughter started in the NAC yesterday, the term only started this week and there were limited places left. The next term should be after Easter and if you add them on FB they usually announce it there a couple of weeks in advance.

I had her on the list for Coolmine since last year and never heard back from them.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

eimsRV wrote: »
    DD started in the NAC yesterday, the term only started this week and there were limited places left. The next term should be after Easter and if you add them on FB they usually announce it there a couple of weeks in advance.

I had DD on the list for Coolmine since last year and never heard back from them.

eimsRV, text speak isn't permitted on this forum, and I'm afraid that includes acronyms like DD, DS, etc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roisinbeag

I managed to get a deal before christmas on grabone (i think it was that site) for Energie in Ashbourne. It was €50 for 10 lessons (30mins class), and when that term was finished...the gym then did a deal itself with us for €60 for another 10 lesson term. The water is apparently cold though.
    I had my child on waiting list for Ballymun and missed out on NAC lessons the morning they went on sale (apparently booked out within the hr), and the waiting list for coolmine is ridiculous so this place suits me for the time being...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I just received an email from Pigsback this morning with Energie in Parkwest, Dublin 12 running an offer for 8 lessons for €39.
    I rang then there and classes are on a Sunday for 8 weeks and times are 9.30am, 10.30am and 11.30am.

I figure from Clonsilla at those times on a Sunday it'd only be 20mins away??

I also have my daughters name down in Coolmine but she'd be waiting forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭paulpd

Our 4 year old started in SportsCo in Ringsend in January and loves it. Almost one-to-one tuition for the first couple of lessons. (Although there were some kids missing due to holidays) €80 for 8 weeks. It's excellent there and changing rooms very clean.

The next session/course starts tomorrow I think, the 13th. I think Joe is the guy who runs it.

Advertisement