Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jessica Jones [Netflix]

• 29-01-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭

David Tennant cast in Jessica Jones series.
    Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that David Tennant will star as the villainous Kilgrave in "Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones," an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015 following "Marvel's Daredevil."

An enigmatic figure from Jessica’s past, Kilgrave’s reappearance will send shockwaves through the former super hero’s world.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23978/david_tennant_joins_marvels_aka_jessica_jones_for_netflix

Rachael Taylor has been cast as Trish Walker best friend of Krysten Ritter's Jessica Jones

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Carrie-Anne Moss is joining the cast of Netflix drama series Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a626238/marvels-aka-jessica-jones-the-matrixs-carrie-anne-moss-joins-cast.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

I've really liked the casting for the Netflix Marvel shows, they seem to be thinking outside the box a little. Iron Fist is all we're waiting for now.

Rachael Taylor added to the cast..

The actress will play
    Jessica's closest friend Patricia 'Trish' Walker
    in the upcoming Netflix and Marvel series.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a625381/marvels-aka-jessica-jones-adds-rachael-taylor-to-cast.html#~p3wyH4JBQs3Kqy

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage
    get?url=https%3A%2F%2F40.media.tumblr.com%2Fee5b76bf45a38d81445c3f06314c889b%2Ftumblr_nmt5fhrvBI1tguoxuo4_250.png&key=ej1qBeiO9Du8MSZEpqX7EA&w=480&h=380

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I loved Daredevil so I am really looking forward to this but I seriously struggle to see Ritter as Jones. Perhaps Ritter has way more range than I have seen but in anything I've seen her in she is practically the anti-Jones. It's also a slightly missed opportunity, imo, that Walker's character is taking the place of Carol Danvers. It would have been an interesting tease for the upcoming Captain Marvel movie. On the other hand the introduction of another female hero into the MCU is a really good thing. On that note, in the comics Jean Grey plays a small but pivotal role in the storyline with the character to be played by David Tennant. Obviously that can't happen here with Marvel/Disney not having the screen rights for her so I wonder if Wanda Maximoff, with her retooled for screen powers, could fill that role?

Teaser.

Arrives November 20th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Not much in it but already some panels lifted directly from the comics. Looks fantastic, to ally at least!

• Advertisement

Not much in it but already some panels lifted directly from the comics.

And Avengers Tower in the background of the street shot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

November? Nice! Wasn't expecting this until 2016. And when will season 2 of Daredevil be released? Guessing the other two shows will release after that

November? Nice! Wasn't expecting this until 2016. And when will season 2 of Daredevil be released? Guessing the other two shows will release after that

There will be 3 more series debuting before the next series of Daredevil. Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders, which will have all four characters from their own series and presumably secondary characters like Misty Knight, join together as a team.

Will Charlie Cox cameo in Jessica Jones? Matt Murdock is a minor character in the Alias series, so it would be nice to see him on occasion in Jessica Jones. And I wonder if we'll be getting any Spiderman references as he was an important inspiration for Jessica and will now be part of the MCU. Probably not though, as Jessica is an adult in this continuity and Peter is a teen.

As someone unfamiliar with the character and the comic, is she essentially a female Daredevil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

As someone unfamiliar with the character and the comic, is she essentially a female Daredevil?

I have no idea who Jessica Jones is either, another one of the limitless Marvel characters...

you're correct, though, she does get her powers by colliding with some random radioactive substances.... just like Daredevil..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm deliberately not looking into the character's history. I'm just going to let the series tell me for themselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is there any sense that Jessica Jones will maintain the same kind of tone & register Daredevil had, of a slummy hellish New York infested with crime, or that it might take a lighter approach? I'm curious given the films have tended to try different genre voices (Cap. America 2 as a 70s'esque conspiracy thriller, Thor 1 a mock Shakespearean drama).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

iguana wrote: »
    There will be 3 more series debuting before the next series of Daredevil. Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders, which will have all four characters from their own series and presumably secondary characters like Misty Knight, join together as a team.

Will Charlie Cox cameo in Jessica Jones? Matt Murdock is a minor character in the Alias series, so it would be nice to see him on occasion in Jessica Jones. And I wonder if we'll be getting any Spiderman references as he was an important inspiration for Jessica and will now be part of the MCU. Probably not though, as Jessica is an adult in this continuity and Peter is a teen.

Are you sure about that? I thought Daredevil season 2 was gonna be coming out a year after season 1 like usual shows do. If they release the other shows before season 2, when could we expect it to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dpe

And Avengers Tower in the background of the street shot.

They did that in The Daredevil teaser as well.

Daredevil S2 will be out before Luke Cage S1.

• Advertisement

Nah. She's basically a former superhero who has her own detective agency and doesnt really use her powers all that much, aside from her strength.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Is there any sense that Jessica Jones will maintain the same kind of tone & register Daredevil had, of a slummy hellish New York infested with crime, or that it might take a lighter approach? I'm curious given the films have tended to try different genre voices (Cap. America 2 as a 70s'esque conspiracy thriller, Thor 1 a mock Shakespearean drama).

Tonally, I'd say it'll be pretty similar to DD. The Alias comics are pretty grim so, if anything, it'll probably be even more bleak.

Daredevil S2 will be out before Luke Cage S1.

I didn't know that, I thought it would be a straight run through the 5 series before any got a second series. That makes sense though, some characters have more back story than others.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Is there any sense that Jessica Jones will maintain the same kind of tone & register Daredevil had, of a slummy hellish New York infested with crime, or that it might take a lighter approach?

If Jessica Jones is anything like the Alias comics (and the character line up makes it seem like it will be) Daredevil may be the lighter of the two series. The Alias storyline that David Tennant's character appears in is a 'challenging' one, to say the least.

I love, love, love Jessica, she's the most real of all super characters. Which is basically what she is, just an ordinary, somewhat damaged person who is funny and clever but really pissed off and also has super powers. I don't always love everything from Bendis but creating Jessica alone makes him one of my very favourite writers. I really hope Ritter can do her justice as she is much more low key and blunt than any other character I've seen her play.

Netflix releases official images of Jones, Cage, Kilgrave, and Hellcat.

VLT102-03530R-720x480.jpg

VLT101-00014R-720x479.jpg

VLT106-14800R-720x434.jpg

VLT107-23167R-720x497.jpg

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/09/17/first-look-at-marvels-jessica-jones-luke-cage-and-more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is it just me or all those still taken right after someone has farted ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New teaser...

That song has the same effect on me, funnily enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

November 20th....Ill make sure to be free that weekend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yet another teaser trailer! I can't recall and am too lazy to look it up: did Daredevil itself ever have a 'proper' trailer, or was its promotions also consigned to moody teasers?

A free prequel comic has been released. Haven't read it yet but it's written by Bendis, who wrote the original. https://www.comixology.co.uk/Marvels-Jessica-Jones-1/digital-comic/293999?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9pdGVtU2xpZGVy

• Advertisement

Well that was teeny. Practically a teaser comic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Carrie Anne Moss to play Jeri Hogarth who is a gender bend of the character Jeryn Hogarth. http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/10/9494493/carrie-anne-moss-joins-jessica-jones-in-gender-bent-role

First reviews starting to come out from NYCC.
    While a full review is coming down the line, I will say Jessica Jones starts out with a strong premiere episode that firmly marks the series as the most mature Marvel Cinematic Universe project to date. Yes, Daredevil took the MCU into much darker, more violent places, but Jessica Jones not only matches that, it goes further.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/10/11/nycc-2015-jessica-jones-premieres-and-proves-to-be-the-most-mature-mcu-project-yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Trailer has dropped, looks good to me and probably a shade darker than Daredevil.

That looks really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Going to be hard to focus on the plot when Krysten Ritter is on-screen all the time. She's ridiculously hot.

Looks great. Matches the tone of the comics well, as well as fitting the aesthetic set by the Daredevil series.

I'm really looking forward to this I must say.

https://twitter.com/JessicaJones/status/659654993335595008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Friday isnt it? Cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Friday isnt it? Cant wait
    It is. I wonder if the writers are going to make out that Jessica is an inhuman or if there's some other explanation for her powers.

flazio wrote: »
    It is. I wonder if the writers are going to make out that Jessica is an inhuman or if there's some other explanation for her powers.

I don't see a reason they'd make her Inhuman, when she's not. If they change anything about her origin, I'd imagine it'll be that
    she was splashed in the same accident as Matt Murdock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Is it me or does look to be ripped wholesale from Dan Simmons Carrion Comfort ?

I don't know what that is....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Its a book - its like a comic without the pictures

Wolff wrote: »
    Its a book - its like a comic without the pictures

What's the point in that?!

What time will this be available to view tomorrow?

Either 5am or 8am depending on if it's dropped on the East Coast or West Coast of America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Either 5am or 8am depending on if it's dropped on the East Coast or West Coast of America.

12.01 Pacific so 8am (so says world time buddy).

13 eps dump aswell.

Hopefully that trailer I watched is just the first ep and not the whole series or theirs damn near no point in watching this.

Stupid trailers.:mad:

So as is the norm with online shows, by the time I've logged in and come back here tomorrow morning, or by the end of the day otherwise, some people will have already watched the entire run in one sitting, likely adding their thoughts in the process. The world of TV today is a strange fellow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement