Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jessica Jones [Netflix]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Episode 8! Kinda thought they did the character development well enough.

And that ending.. oh now it's on! Maybe an appearance from
    Claire
    coming? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Haven't finished it yet but Trish is the goddam worst!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Haven't finished it yet but Trish is the goddam worst!!

Finally the series yesterday and I've such hatred for Trish

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Finally the series yesterday and I've such hatred for Trish

she's pretty hot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    I downloaded a torrent of this and have just watched the first episode.

I was very confused. Having not seen season one since it was first broadcast I thought I must have forgot a lot of it. Then I thought, they are really throwing us in at the deep end with out explaining much. But I assumed all would become clear by the end of the first episode. Then I got even more confused an wondered if had needed to watch Defenders before watching this as I still couldn't follow what was going on. At the end of the episode I did a bit of searching around the internet and realised that whoever uploaded the episodes had mis-labeled them and I had just watched the final episode not the first episode.

Well, as you can imagine, I am not too pleased that I saw the finale first and now know how the whole season will finish. But I like the characters so I am going to watch episodes 1-12 anyway.

Thats what you get for torrenting something thats easily available legally.

I'm no boyscout and if there isnt a proper avenue to watch/play stuff, I'd say go for it but ffs man, Netflix is available everywhere even on a 2mb connnection....and it's less than a packet of smokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I reckon I'd put that fourth in the Marvel-Netflix stuff behind DDS1, JJS1 and DDS2. Once again there was no need for thirteen episodes.

Episode 9! WTF Jessica!

Alisa is like.. boss level!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Episode 6... The taxi driver Total Recall...

Slydice wrote: »
    Episode 9! WTF Jessica!

Alisas stare is very unnerving

Episode 10.. yep... ffs

It just builds on the mistake from the last episode.
    Episode 9! WTF Jessica!

Unless they are going to use this to get more of an understanding and bond grown between Jessica and Alisa

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Alisas stare is very unnerving
    Her stare can be intense. She's a parent who's been ****ed over. At the episode 10 stage, it feels like she's being robbed of a corridor fight scene.

Where is the corridor fight scene now that I think about it? Have they given up on em? Maybe it's in the last few episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

One question about the end going forward.
    Who got Foggy in the divorce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Trish was sooooo annoying and when the season was ending I was hoping that was the end of her character but no as she gets in the lift there is a sneak peak of something for next season
    They could cut this down to 8-10 episodes really
    Past away paddy’s day for me and I’m waiting on LUKE CAGE now, I need my fix lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

Episode 11! Well then, can't see
    Trish
    coming outta this in one piece! Also, still no sign of
    Claire
    or a
    corridor fight
    . Hrmmmm

Urgh..
    they're not gonna kill Alisa
    are they?

**** YOU
    TRISH!

Right finished. The season was good. If not noticeable by now, I think my favourite addition was Alisa.

I think my first reaction
    when it happened
    was
    YOU STUPID ****ING ASSHOLE
    !!

but like there was some time and scenes after so.. like I dunno.. roll on the next season cos there's plenty to deal with.
    Kilgrave was handled fine I thought.
    I thought it was well done how they did it as something lingering to show how the past can be there while possible to overcome.

Ugh
    FS is Trish gonna be a ****ing hero now?!?
    They're gonna have to do something big to pull that off.

Ugh
    FS is Trish gonna be a ****ing hero now?!?
    They're gonna have to do something big to pull that off.
    Trish Walker is Hellcat, so I can only assume that's where season finale went. Going to be interesting how season 3 plays out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Just finished. Was a lot more of a character drama then the other marvel stuff season 1 was like that but this felt more so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished watching. Enjoyed it for the most part.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who wasn't thinking after season 1 that what this show needs is an addiction storyline. I can't think of any series that has been helped by an addiction storyline. Even Jessie's caffeine pill addiction in Saved by the Bell. Though we were missing Trish singing "I'm so excited"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

8 episodes in, big dropoff for me in season 2. the show lost a lot with the departure of David Tennant, huge mistake.

could see every plot point/twist a mile away, guessed who the mystery woman was after the first scene she was in. they suddenly started mentioning trish's rehab stint all the time out of nowhere and it was like groan... here it comes.

if I didn't find Krysten Ritter utterly captivating I probably wouldn't have got this far. Would much rather see her in a new Don't Trust the B#$ch then another season of JJ though.

netflix and marvel youtube channels put this out:

has speech bubbles popping up with tidbits of story.. if you can focus on them when they pop up

• Advertisement

That is the worst thing netflix has put its name too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Wasnt a fan of this season big big drop off from 1st season.

Trish and Malcolm were just the worst i just couldnt deal with them by the end.

If next season is trish vs jess im not sure if ill stay on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I finished this yesterday. Overall it was good. I had some issues with the earlier parts, especially with Jessica Jones character, she just came across as unlikable. The early parts in particular.

Look, I know S1 done a great job of explaining why she is the way she is, and S2 expands on this, she's been through a lot, and her personality flaws make sense, but the problem is that I just don’t care. She's whiney, annoying, and some of her actions are questionable and at one point she's an out and out criminal, this is fine and everything, but the main problem here is that it's simply not fun to watch.

I think the writing here is the main issue, because Krysten Ritter is excellent as Jones, and more than capable of portraying a fun version of this character, as was clearly demonstrated in The Defenders, IMO, she was the best character in The Defenders, but here, she never quite gets going, whereas in The Defenders her snarky lines, alcoholism and her anti-hero personality flaws are all on show, but handled and delivered in a much better fashion.

Kilgraves absence was a huge loss. One of the main problems with S1 was that he was too good. The show ended up relying on him quite heavily, too much in fact, and he ended up carrying the entire season, so his absence here was always going to be felt. The show does its best at replacing the "villain", and delivers something that’s even more personal to Jessica, and the second half of the season is better for it and it does finish strongly.

Carrie-Anne Mosses character Jeri Hogarth is the star here, and should be the main villain in S3, or if a Defenders S2 gets made. She does some pretty diabolical things here and she presents the Netflix MCU of doing what they were trying to do with Sigourney Weavers’ character Alexandra, but do it right this time with Jeri Hogarth. Either way, she'd make a great out and out villain.

With Jessica finally starting to embrace her role as a hero, and Trish now levelling up, I hope the show can also embrace the fact that it’s a Superhero show and stop trying so hard to pretend it’s not. If S3 is to be successful, they need to drop the Jess/Trish quite early, have them team up and take on a proper villain.

Overall, it’s a decent watch. Roll on Luke Cage.

One of the directors for Season 3 has been announced.
    It's Krysten Ritter herself.
    http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/marvels-jessica-jones/news/a860490/jessica-jones-season-3-cast-krysten-ritter-direct-episodes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I haven't yet started watching the second seasons of either Jessica Jones or Luke Cage so no spoilers please ;) - yes or a no will do.

Is there any crossover between the two or any reason why it would be best to finish Jessica Jones before watching Luke Cage?

No, nothing from JJ 2 (which came out first) turns up in LC 2. Small bit of Defenders crossover with Danny and Colleen and a brief mention of Matt.

flazio wrote: »
    No, nothing from JJ 2 (which came out first) turns up in LC 2. Small bit of Defenders crossover with Danny and Colleen and a brief mention of Matt.

Thanks.

I don't binge - I get no enjoyment from that but other things have got in the way and the result is that I am very far behind. Only half way through The Punisher at the moment.

I was thinking of watching Jones & Cage together - just wanted to be sure I was going to get a spoiler in one for the other.;)

I just started season 2. I can't google the answer in case it brings up spoilers.

Can someone remind me what caused the falling out between Jessica and Jeri Hogarth?

• Advertisement

I just stated season 2. I can't google the answer in case it brings up spoilers.

Can someone remind me what caused the falling out between Jessica and Jeri Hogarth?
    She kept the aborted foetus of Kilgrave which he then used to make himself 10 times worse.

flazio wrote: »
    She kept the aborted foetus of Kilgrave which he then used to make himself 10 times worse.

I had been thinking that Hogarth revealed the information on the whereabouts to Killgrave while under his influence. I forgot that that Hogarth had up to no good way before that.

In a surprise to nobody Jessica Jones series 3 will bring the Defenders run of series to a close.
    https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/punisher-jessica-jones-cancelled-netflix-658845

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I really don't understand why Netflix dragged this announcement out; anyone with their head screwed on would have realised once the first show got canned, the rest would follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I believe Avengers Endgame will be the last MCU movie to appear on Netflix also.

As was stated previously by many, this is because of Disney starting up their own subscription web service. They certainly have the catalogue....... Initially anyway. But I really dislike this re-fracturing of services: Now you will be expected to pay for Netflix, Disney streaming and Amazon Prime? Don't think so. I think it's a mistake. Think it will do more damage to all than good. Surely it is better to get some revenue from having your shows on another platform than nothing at all as people just stick to their original service and do not migrate to your new, unproven, service **cough**tidal, Beats Music**cough** How many people will actually subscribe to all three and how many will subscribe to one and view the stuff not on their subscription uh...... elsewhere?

I, for one will probably stick to my Netflix subscription. For the moment anyway. And I certainly do not see myself subscribing to another streaming service any time soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Indeed, and I don't like Star Wars, or marvel enough to shell out for another service. Amazon and Netflix have a good variation of content these days. With Apple also coming down the tracks, I'd say one of Disney or Apple might be headed for a crash.

Anyway, Jessica Jones; honestly I never finished season 2. Same with Luke Cage really. The Netflix shows were always about 5 episodes too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'd eat my hat if these type of shows ever go to Disney Plus. If they go anywhere it'll be Hulu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Yeah. I think a heard recent rumors that Hulu is a possibility for some of these shows. I think they just signed a deal to produce some Marvel animated shows. When Disney acquires Fox, Hulu could be the perfect spot these type of shows, but probably means another subscription. It’s only a matter of time before one of these big steaming giants collapses and loses billions and I think Disney is in strong contention for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

:D:D Steaming giants

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Question is though: Are they Netflix productions or Marvel/Disney productions? Of course the characters etc are Disney IP but what about the seasons created by Netflix? Are they owned by Netflix? Can Hulu/Disney/whoever create new series with the same actors/production design (Credit sequences, production team etc)?

Or will they reboot them again? I enjoyed most of the shows (Apart from Iron fist of course :) ) to various degrees. They were always about 4 or 5 episodes too long and had mixed results with the bad guys: (Jessica Jones' Purple Man and Daredevil's Kingpin were great. Luke Cage's, not so much). But I did enjoy the main actors in each show (Again, apart from Iron fist of course) and it would be a shame to see them rebooted again. Plus, hopefully not too many people lost their jobs in such a cynical grab-back

What you have to remember is, although Disney are launching their own streaming service in the US, doesn't mean it's launching here.
    Look at Runaways and Cloak & Dagger. Former is on Hulu in the US, but airing on linear TV over here on SyFy as well as being available on Now TV , the latter is on a channel called Freeform in the US as well as Hulu but over here is on Amazon Prime. Future Marvel TV shows could end up anywhere, even back on Netflix UK Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Let's face it, if it is on another streaming service, anyone who wants to watch it will just download it for free anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Six or seven episodes into season two..not really great so far. Heard it's cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Question is though: Are they Netflix productions or Marvel/Disney productions?
    They are Marvel Television and ABC Studios productions, sold to Netflix for distribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 arrives next month no drop date yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Forgot all about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I couldn´t even finish the second season off....
    i'll keep reading here to see how it is welcomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

hopefully an improvement on season 2 as season 1 was one of my favorite seasons ever of a show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Season 2 was dry. I hope this season gets a good ending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since this is the final netflix Marvel series, I wonder if they did some rewrites to allow others to appear in some capacity or we get some update on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'll watch to see the series finally utilise the fact that Patsy Walker is a comics universe superhero. I appreciate the attention the writers are giving to her background was an unpowered person, once made famous by her mother, who spent time around superheroes and desired to be one herself. I love how the Netflix show has taken that premise and is exploring it in terms of how Trish's childhood fame and toxic mother have given her a sense of her own importance that she can't shake. That deep down this has made her feel like having powers is her right. However the combination of the writing not being good enough and Taylor not being a good enough actor to pull off the depth of the story are making her character fall flat. She just seems like a sulky pita and there isn't much nuance to what should be a very nuanced character.

• Advertisement
Advertisement