Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jessica Jones [Netflix]

12346»

Comments

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I just found their whole story boring. While it set up some storylines, they could've spent less time with it and give Hogarth something else to do if they wanted her onscreen.

That I can definitely agree with. Weakest part of the season. It was like "We have TRINITY and need to use her FFS"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There's like a 10 min long sex scene with Hogarth and the cello lady in episode 3 (?) and a long scene in episode 4 (again ?... numbers might be off) during the concert.

I know JJ has always been racier and I'm no prude, but they seem gratuitously long IMHO.

I actually thought the cello scene was a fantastic representation of their past relationship and attraction and did a lot for those characters and that story with few words said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.12: Alright, setup for the final episode.
    Slydice wrote: »
    3.11: Alright. Guessing
    the end fight will be against Trish.

Who's she going after first though.. my guess if the killer in hospital, Hogarths mark and then Hogarth herself.

Guessing that
    much of this is still on the money but Jessica will stop her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

and finished!

3.13: They did a decent end I thought.
    Good guess on the plot.. although it guessing it probably meant it was very flagged.

Hope she's not going insane with Kilgrave in her head.

Overall: I liked the private eye style they went with. The season could well have been a few episodes shorter.

Clearly struck by the same budget issues the other netflix marvel shows got hit with once Netflix cottoned on that Disney was gonna shutter them..
    but
    they used the budget well and got powers done just fine. then they compensated with story..
    maybe a few too many episodes but they got it over the line.

I guess.. after
    season 2 .. if I was bingeing this show from start to finish.. that Trish being put away would have felt less of a bummer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I watched that whole season
    waiting for something to happen and nothing happened.

The noir style was nice, but some of the writing was awful, such as when Kith was leaving Hogarth.
    Also, the premise of that season/show is the inner struggle with Jess if she wants to be a hero or not. We get the answer at the end, but there is zero tension leading to it.

I guess it was OK, not magic though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The season was okay and the bad guy made it much more interesting, Trish was so annoying in the last series and they made her slightly more likeable this time around

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Finally finished it there myself and found the whole thing pretty bland and the writing was awful. I stand behind my assertion that they just filled time with drawn out scenes for no reason; they had no clue what to do with Hogarth so they just kept making her do random **** for no discernable reason. I thought the baddie was corny and both came in too late and left too early.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Finally finished it there myself and found the whole thing pretty bland and the writing was awful. I stand behind my assertion that they just filled time with drawn out scenes for no reason; they had no clue what to do with Hogarth so they just kept making her do random **** for no discernable reason. I thought the baddie was corny and both came in too late and left too early.

They really had a chance to do some deep dark psycho stuff with him, but missed the boat on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah the bad guy started like Hannibal or early series Dexter and ended like later series Dexter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why did Salinger think no one would help Jessica

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Id say a large chunk of S3 had to be adapted due to the cancellation of all the other shows and they struggled to put together a decent standalone story line. Literally nothing happened in that season, they could have fit the necessary bits into 2-3hrs.

I don't think so, I think the season was supposed to be about her struggle between being a hero or not being a hero but it was very poorly executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Finally finished this. Another solid season for Jessica Jones. It wasn’t without it’s flaws though, and was hugely mediocre at times, I think this being the final series of the Defenders saga, it really summed up the whole Netflix MCU in that is was so much wasted potential.

Each of the series were okay to good TV, but it feels like that they never really embraced the ensemble. Luke Cage really popped when Rand jumped in for a few episodes, and actually improved Iron first S2, same with Jessica Jones, S1, Luke Cage really added to that season. Why didn’t they do more of this?

When they did join them up, they completely f**ked it up and wasted the opportunity. Anyways, back to JJ, You could argue that it’s biggest flaw was that S1 was so strong, Kilgrave was such a strong character, the series really never recovered from his loss,

One more thing on the whole Defenders thing. Seeing as this was the final, Would it have killed them to have one final shot of DD, Luke Cage, Rand and JJ all having a beer or something. For me it just highlights how unconnected these shows really were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Early in Season 2 Costa was talking to Jessica about the time she saved his precinct from Kilgrave and I remember him saying because of her he got to go home and meet his grandchild.

Am I remembering that wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I've watched ep. 7 AKA Top Shelf Perverts and I'm not sure I'll watch any more.
    In the cop station scene Kilgrave has his head less than six inches from Jessica's while declaring his warped love for her. At this point she could have just uppercutted his head off and be free. Also when he turns his back on her walking into her old home. Surely he's completely vulnerable in many instances to her going forward.

Isn't he lucky they didn't invent ear plugs in the Marvel universe.

Advertisement