Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddlers and ikea

Options
  • 29-01-2015 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I have to make the trip to ikea on Saturday. Myself and an 18 month who loves to run around of course. Want to try and make it as stress free as possible. I have to get 5 or 6 things but have a feeling it won't be too easy. Does anyone know if they have shopping trollies with baby seats? He tends to stay in these more than a buggy. This would be a big help.

Any other tips or tricks for our trip?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Hi, they do have supermarket type trolleys with the toddler seat in downstairs in the Market Hall. Are you buying furniture? If you are you'll need a flat low wheelie trolley so will definitely need a second pair of hands to push the toddler in the trolley.

They've lots of cool kids stuff upstairs. I seem to never leave without a teddy/tent/abacus/tea set/random child's item that I'd no intention of buying!

The restaurant is also very child friendly too

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭CiboC

They also have a creche type place where you can deposit junior while you go around the shop in peace....!

I've never used it but it is right at the main entrance just before you enter the showroom areas

• Administrators Posts: 14,035 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

The playroom place they have is just on the way in. But they only get 45 minutes and it starts on the hour. So you need to be organised to get them in, get your stuff and be back to collect them.

They do have trolleys and even if you needed a flatbed trolley you could make him a special seat on the furniture. Failing that bring someone with you, or leave him with someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

What's the age range for the crèche place? My little boy is about the same age as the OPs toddler (19 months) and I always thought he'd be too young for it and it started at 3 years

We go to ikea regularly with our boy. We usually take the buggy or trike and wheel him around, taking him out occasionally to explore. It's very kid friendly. Our boy loves eating in the restaurant and running around the play area there.

There is trolleys with seats but as far as I know they're only used downstairs in the market hall, not in the showroom part upstairs - that's why we use the trike

• Administrators Posts: 14,035 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I don't know what age it's for. My lads are all older and enjoy it. But I'm not sure what is the youngest they take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I could be wrong but I think they have to be three. I know I've looked longingly at it as I passed by with Jnr in tow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Yeah, I have a feeling it's 3 too - have a vague recollection of seeing a sign saying that. I was just wondering as it was suggested to the op whose toddler is 18 months - I was a bit hopeful!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is 3 so I always had to bring the 3 little ones around Ikea with me but they love it so other then delaying me it is fine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Regarding the trollies, I just grab a reg trolley downstairs and bring it up in the lift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

If you know what your getting - go online get the codes and as you go in go to the first floor and turn left. You avoid the store part and end up in the stock area and the code will tell you where to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hi folks. Thanks for all your great replies.

Just to get it straight, if I know what I need and have all the codes, I don't really need to go up to the display area to collect any stuff? It's kids stuff, rug, lighting, small furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Villan11

Hi folks. Thanks for all your great replies.

Just to get it straight, if I know what I need and have all the codes, I don't really need to go up to the display area to collect any stuff? It's kids stuff, rug, lighting, small furniture.

Certain items can only be collected in the display area, it just depends what your getting. Check "Availability and Location" on each item you hope to purchase and that will tell you where everything is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Thanks for the help again. All went reletively well, but the tips on here made it a lot easier.the ikea is really handy. Was told by a shop assistant that it was the worst time of the week for me to come, but sometimes there's no other choice!

Advertisement