Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal activity

Options
  • 30-01-2015 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

You may or may not have heard about the recurring problems at the Balymascanlon (Ballymac) roundabout just outside of Dundalk. It would seem, according to a particular recent article, that the Gardai can't do anything about it. It's ridiculous. They (boyracers) do it every thursday at around 11pm. They could just round up a bunch of cops and get help, I suppose, from truckers. They could block these dickheads in and catch them all.
    I have another, more serious concern, which is sort of connected to the aforementioned problem. I don't have any proof, but some neighbours of mine are always driving dangerously in the area (like just about everyone else). A few weeks ago, someone was drifting on the main road in a 50km area, which is mainly because of a primary school. I saw the same car parked outside the same neighbours house. I don't know if it belongs to one of them or a friend of theirs. The other problem that has been causing me a huge amount of stress and really needs to get out there is that: three of the people who live in the area who definitely drive as mentioned before, plus one other person, a friend of theirs, are definite thieves. I worked at a petrol station for a long time and, of all the people, mostly boyracers, that I witnessed stealing fuel, the three locals and their friend definitely did. The "friend", who is a repeat-offender, did it twice with different people. The second, the neighbour, did it with three or four people and was drunk-driving. The last two did it together. The passenger filled it, while the driver was giving me a very threatening look. I regret not reporting any of them. It was usually the manager's responsibility, but I witnessed each of them and I know where three of them live. When I take into account that they know where I live and how dangerous they can be, I figured that's why I kept my mouth shut. I have regretted it everyday. I need help on this one. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly when each of them robbed the station, but if I gave the Gardai estimates , I was thinking they could use cctv to to catch them in the act, they wouldn't need me as a witness and the thieves would leave us alone and that way my family would be safe.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This isn't related to boards.ie. Try asking in an appropriate forum such as the emergency services forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1023

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VanillaNugget

Anywhere specific I could talk to someone about it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The link I provided previously is to the Emergency Services forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement