Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy power Lotto games We are not a result site

Options
  • 30-01-2015 5:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So i had picked a draw in the New York lotto game on Paddy Powers website

Selected play was 2 lines for 2 games. When I check my results I had been entered into the same draw twice! Ok mistakes can be made and forgiving if fixed.

My beef is with the online support plus the fact that they do not give you a bet slip with the numbers that you have chosen for the draws, only the bet stake and the date of the draw.

On the game the link to results page is broken does not bring up anything only a can't load page.

Asked support to give me a working link to the results of the game I have played in.
    Answer : sorry we are not a results site! Anyone know what the law is on taking bets and not giving results?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A bookie is under no obligation to publish results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Unjust wrote: »
    Anyone know what the law is on taking bets and not giving results?
    The LAW? Ah come on, are you planning to take PP to court?

You ahve the internet - key in New York lotto and the results will come up.

Fairly simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Unjust

@delahuntv I did google it but there is a tone of different New York lottos and I can't seem to find out which one.

No plans on taking anyone to court its only €2 after all but I did want to just ask people here as that is what this site is for right?

My real beef is with there system entering me into the same draw with the same numbers twice! As appose to my clicking for 2 different draws thats what annoyed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you have a grievances, and Paddy Power are not addressing it, then you could go to the regulating body. Details should be at the bottom of the Paddy Power website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

@delahuntv I did google it but there is a tone of different New York lottos and I can't seem to find out which one.

No plans on taking anyone to court its only €2 after all but I did want to just ask people here as that is what this site is for right?

My real beef is with there system entering me into the same draw with the same numbers twice! As appose to my clicking for 2 different draws thats what annoyed me!

My understanding is that you are not partaking in the draw on PP, rather betting on the outcome, therefore you simply had 2 bets on the same outcome.
    The same as if you had put two tenners on Man Utd for example. If you had won, you were due 2 separate independent payouts.

• Advertisement

wyndham wrote: »
    My understanding is that you are not partaking in the draw on PP, rather betting on the outcome, therefore you simply had 2 bets on the same outcome.
    The same as if you had put two tenners on Man Utd for example. If you had won, you were due 2 separate independent payouts.

Thats not how the game is layed out its layed out for you to pick how many different games you want to take part in from 1 to 8 not how many times you want to enter your numbers into one draw!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thats not how the game is layed out its layed out for you to pick how many different games you want to take part in from 1 to 8 not how many times you want to enter your numbers into one draw!

So you bet on something you have no clue about? in this case a lotto in a place you have no clue about?

Right so I have a few million euro "stuck" in an account, i need to transfer them.

Can you PM me your bank details?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So you bet on something you have no clue about? in this case a lotto in a place you have no clue about?

Right so I have a few million euro "stuck" in an account, i need to transfer them.

Can you PM me your bank details?

Drink going down well there smart ass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

This is unjust? Someone tell Amnesty International...

efb wrote: »
    This is unjust? Someone tell Amnesty International...

Never thought of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - enough. Civil responses and stick to the topic at hand

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

chawk it down to a learning experience. Its clear you didn't understand the way the bet worked. If you're gambling and don't understand what you're gambling on, that 2 euro is one of the cheapest lessons you could ever wish for.

chawk it down to a learning experience. Its clear you didn't understand the way the bet worked. If you're gambling and don't understand what you're gambling on, that 2 euro is one of the cheapest lessons you could ever wish for.

OK how many people have missed this point altogether?

Pick 2 lines €1 per stake, Number of consecutive draws 2 = €2....... Now when I checked my bet slip I was entered into 1 draw 2 times

Does this sound like I didn't understand what I was entering into?

And 36 hours later 2 chats with online help and both saying support would be in contact and nothing! Hopefully my numbers don't come up on the next draw that I was not entered into!

I just wonder how many people check there lotto on paddy power and think bad luck didn't win when the mistake could be happening for any number of people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I just wonder how many people check there lotto on paddy power and think bad luck didn't win when the mistake could be happening for any number of people!

Would you normally have a bet, not watch what you bet on, then take how it is settled as gospel?

Advertisement