Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit returned unpaid

Options
  • 30-01-2015 6:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi!
    I had a direct debit due out yesterday which was returned unpaid by my bank. I got paid today so there are funds on my account now. I was wandering will EI try to collect the money in a few days again? What is the procedure in such cases? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi cmario,

Thank you for your message.

We normally return for collection in two weeks. It can take a few days to show up on our system that the payment has not been collected. You'll get either an email or a letter confirming your direct debit has failed and it will state on the correspondence when we'll go back for collection again. There will be an unpaid direct debit debit fee for €6.00 on your next bill also.

Please feel free to ask if you've any further questions or queries. If you would like us to check your account for you or agree a specific collection date, please send us a private message and we'd be happy to help. We need you to confirm you're the account holder as well as the name, address, account number and telephone number or date of birth.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cmario

Hi cmario,

Thank you for your message.

We normally return for collection in two weeks. It can take a few days to show up on our system that the payment has not been collected. You'll get either an email or a letter confirming your direct debit has failed and it will state on the correspondence when we'll go back for collection again. There will be an unpaid direct debit debit fee for €6.00 on your next bill also.

Please feel free to ask if you've any further questions or queries. If you would like us to check your account for you or agree a specific collection date, please send us a private message and we'd be happy to help. We need you to confirm you're the account holder as well as the name, address, account number and telephone number or date of birth.

Regards,
    Aoife
    Hi Aoife,

Thank you very much for the fast reply. Yes, I'd like to change a collection date if that's possible. I'll send you PM with the requested data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi cmario,

You're very welcome.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement