Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diploma/Bachelor of Business Studies (part-time)

Options
  • 30-01-2015 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here done this course?

I am contemplating doing it and would be very grateful for any info.

Also, has anyone any information on 'Recognition of Prior Learning'? Is this an exception given to people who have already gone to college or who have taken time off for medical reasons etc.? I'm a little confused!

Many thanks

HW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pawblo Pugcasso

Heat_Wave wrote: »

Also, has anyone any information on 'Recognition of Prior Learning'? Is this an exception given to people who have already gone to college or who have taken time off for medical reasons etc.? I'm a little confused!

Many thanks

HW

I'm doing Commerce full time so I'm not sure if it's the same with the part time Bachelor of Business Studies course but I've received recognition of prior learning for certain modules from when I was in college previously.

As far as I'm aware you can receive it if the module you've done is similar in course content to the one being offered. You fill out a form and it needs to be approved by the programme board. I used it for elective modules though which were outside the core business module offerings so again I'm not 100% sure if it applies to the part time course.

I'd send them an e-mail to ask, they are really helpful in the Programme office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

I'm doing Commerce full time so I'm not sure if it's the same with the part time Bachelor of Business Studies course but I've received recognition of prior learning for certain modules from when I was in college previously.

As far as I'm aware you can receive it if the module you've done is similar in course content to the one being offered. You fill out a form and it needs to be approved by the programme board. I used it for elective modules though which were outside the core business module offerings so again I'm not 100% sure if it applies to the part time course.

I'd send them an e-mail to ask, they are really helpful in the Programme office

Is recognition to prior learning not to do with fee support due to previous learning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭samo

Heat_Wave wrote: »

Many thanks

HW

I am currently in year 4 of this course (dissertation year!) - Its very do-able and interesting modules with good lecturers and it also interlinks a lot of the course content and there is a good emphasis on Management and HRM.

However you do need to be reasonably disciplined to keep on track with the course planner but ultimately it is manageable even if working as the assignments are well paced out with end of semester examinations (generally 50% for one assignment in a module and 50% for the exams).

Best of luck if you choose to go for it.

Advertisement