Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Brom away 31/01/15

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Good result, will check it out on MOTD tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Great result

Very happy to see Kane score again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not so good at the end of the first half, but other than that, we were very good. Controlled the game completely, and won comfortably in the end. Delighted with that result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Great win, very professional performance. A great day out for some of the boys on here, well done lads as the away support was superb today. COYS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Some day for an away trip alrite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The football equivalent of free money... just Wasn't expecting that result or how easy it appears to have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I must say the fans were brilliant.

The players silenced the West Brom crowd, but the Spurs fans were singing throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Cracking result to be honest. Dont think we ever really do that well against brom.

I remember every season for quite a while thinking that we never really had a great freekick taker. Eriksen is a dynamite at dead balls. Such a difference.

As for Kane. I said last season that if he's given a chance this season he might do pretty well but never expected 20 goals by first of February. Top drawer. Deserves to double his contract.

BBC Twitter
    Harry Kane has scored more goals (20) in all comps than any other Premier League player this season #THFC #MOTD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

irishmover wrote: »
    Cracking result to be honest. Dont think we ever really do that well against brom.

I remember every season for quite a while thinking that we never really had a great freekick taker. Eriksen is a dynamite at dead balls. Such a difference.

As for Kane. I said last season that if he's given a chance this season he might do pretty well but never expected 20 goals by first of February. Top drawer. Deserves to double his contract.

He is excellent at frees but can rarely beat the first man with a corner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

mickman wrote: »

I find this very strange also! Surely if he can out the ball in the top corner so frequently, you'd think he be able to deliver a good corner that clears their first defender!

Don't get me wrong I love the guy, just don't get it!

mickman wrote: »

Sorry said free kick taker first and meant it the second time. I haven't really seen too many corners this season. Not getting to watch as many games as I used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Dembele had his second good game in a week. Two assists yesterday.

The attacking central midfielder role suits him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I find this very strange also! Surely if he can out the ball in the top corner so frequently, you'd think he be able to deliver a good corner that clears their first defender!

Don't get me wrong I love the guy, just don't get it!

It's because the ball would just go wide if he employed the same technique to his corners.
    The second goal yesterday is what keeps one proud to support Tottenham. Super movement slick passing and a cracking finish.

The MOTD guys were full of praise for Eriksen, Lloris and particularly Kane. Great to see. That flying save from Lloris in the first half was something else

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great win, really impressive performance.
    Lloris made 2 big saves first half at crucial times, but we were really good overall. I thought everyone played there part, although the one man I was disappointed in was Lamela. He gets the ball and just does some stupid things with it, runs in to players, so frustrating.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, great support too, and great crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hatch99 wrote:
    Great win, really impressive performance. Lloris made 2 big saves first half at crucial times, but we were really good overall. I thought everyone played there part, although the one man I was disappointed in was Lamela. He gets the ball and just does some stupid things with it, runs in to players, so frustrating.

Will he keep his place now Chadli is available again do ya reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Dembele had his second good game in a week. Two assists yesterday.

The attacking central midfielder role suits him!

Fair enough the man got 2 assists but i still feel he's just not good enough for us

Seems to have it all, tall, big, strong, great on the ball but just doesn't impose himself like i think he should. He should be dominating games

Hope he buys into our way of thinking and turns himself around and becomes a big game player but at the minute he appears to be safety first.

I dont think we've ever really used dembele right since he joined. Always tried to keep him to a defensive midfield role when he's an attacking midfielder like he has been showing the last couple of games. That I'm sure is part of his problem.

He played off Dempsey at Fulham. Not site back and spray the ball around like a Modric type of player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Only saw the highlights last night, great win, absolute belter of a finish from Kane for his first and great work from the whole team leading up to it, especially Dembele. Eriksen is becoming a worldie, some heat map on the MOTD analysis. COYS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    I dont think we've ever really used dembele right since he joined. Always tried to keep him to a defensive midfield role when he's an attacking midfielder like he has been showing the last couple of games. That I'm sure is part of his problem.

He played off Dempsey at Fulham. Not site back and spray the ball around like a Modric type of player.

Dunno about that, he started as a striker at Fulham, but hit form when he dropped back to central mid. Don't ever remember him playing off the striker. More likely Dempsey played off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Will he keep his place now Chadli is available again do ya reckon?

The manager likes Chadli, he'll play once fit.

Advertisement