Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Thread 02/02/2015

• 30-01-2015 5:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

What will Triple H's "core shattering" announcement be this Monday on Raw? 81 votes

Reigns vs. Lesnar at Fast Lane. Tournament to decide number one contender for Mania
    0% 0 votes
    Bryan gets his title shot he is owed Vs Brock Lesner at Fast Lane
    1% 1 vote
    A Fatal 4 Way at Fast Lane between Reigns Vs 3 others and the winner goes to Wrestlemania
    2% 2 votes
    Roman Vs Brock will be a loser gets fired match
    6% 5 votes
    Reigns Vs Bryan at Fast Lane and the winner goes to Wrestlemania
    2% 2 votes
    Daniel Bryan can be in the main event of Wrestlemania... IF he joins The Authority.
    7% 6 votes
    Mania main event to now have a guest referee who is a member of The Authority
    0% 0 votes
    Mania now to be a Triple Threat
    1% 1 vote
    Mania now to be a Fatal Four Way
    2% 2 votes
    Another Rumble at Fast Lane. Winner gets Brock and Reigns at Mania
    1% 1 vote
    Curtis Axel wasn't eliminated and therefore Reigns hasn't won the Rumble
    2% 2 votes
    Because of the Rock's interference, Reigns win doesnt count
    14% 12 votes
    Vince is stepping down. For real.
    11% 9 votes
    Daniel Bryan vs Ziggler will happen at Fast Lane, winner gets into the main event of Wrestlemania.
    6% 5 votes
    Reigns is joining The Authority
    1% 1 vote
    A brand split
    4% 4 votes
    Reigns has to win a match at Fast lane to keep his Wrestlemania spot
    2% 2 votes
    WWE won't be back in Philadelphia until 2030
    12% 10 votes
    Roman Reigns appreciation night
    3% 3 votes
    Curtis Axel never got eliminated and will be in the main event of WM31
    3% 3 votes
    Magic beans are on the WWE banned substance list and therefore Roman Reigns is suspended
    1% 1 vote
    That he has an announcement to make on Smackdown next Thursday
    6% 5 votes
    Reigns Vs Rock at Mania. The winner gets Brock
    2% 2 votes
    Reigns Vs Bryan at Raw. The winner gets Brock
    2% 2 votes
    Something not listed here (say what below)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nothing like a good old condescending promo to start Raw. I look forward to HHH berating the "marks" for liking someone they don't want to push....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

turn heyman/ brock face have reigns with the authority only way i can see it working cause if you turn heyman then you have no one to talk for brock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Triple H revealed during the opening segment of Smackdown that he would be delivering an announced that will “shake the WWE Universe to its core.”

The announcement is related to the “controversy” of the Royal Rumble finish, which the Game addressed during the segment.

The announcement, he said, will “end the controversy.”

I just seen the opening segment of Smackdown and my first thought was "Triple H is a Face now?" It was the most "good guy" Ive seen him in what seems like years.

There was the bit at the end where Reigns said "Ive won the Rumble. And Im going to Wrestlemania"

Triple H came back with "You have won the Rumble (pause) and you face The Big Show right now". No mention of Mania back by him so I think big changes are afoot with the main event.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    I just seen the opening segment of Smackdown and my first thought was "Triple H is a Face now?" It was the most "good guy" Ive seen him in what seems like years.

There was the bit at the end where Reigns said "Ive won the Rumble. And Im going to Wrestlemania"

Triple H came back with "You have won the Rumble (pause) and you face The Big Show right now". No mention of Mania back by him so I think big changes are afoot with the main event.

Thoughts?

I've not gotten around to watching the Rumble as yet. I wasn't in much of a hurry after the slating it got! What was the controversy aside from Reigns winning ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Wasn't there a segment at the Rumble where Heyman suggested to HHH that Lesnar could take care of Sting?

Any discussion as to where they were going with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pentecost wrote: »
    I've not gotten around to watching the Rumble as yet. I wasn't in much of a hurry after the slating it got! What was the controversy aside from Reigns winning ?

Fans booed him because he's not Daniel Bryan

Ive added a poll (eventually).

Im going with Rock's "interference" making Triple H change up things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I thought the other day a new rumble at fast lane would be an awesome idea. Helps create a buzz for the ppv and if they build reigns right he could legitimately win it again

I dont know what it will be, but i bet it will be long and tedious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I'd say the it will be about Sting to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Curtis Axel never got eliminated and will be in the main event of WM31

The only right, fair and decent option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Twitter was convinced it is brand split or Lesnar vs Bryan at Fast Lane.
    I'd say the it will be about Sting to be honest.

Or a dumb thing like Curtis Axel vs Reigns or a tag match involving Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Too much dude. Too much.

Sorry dude too soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nice poll options.

I'd love to see a lot of them happen just for meltdown reasons :D

Unearthly wrote: »
    Nice poll options.

I'd love to see a lot of them happen just for meltdown reasons :D

My favourite is:

Magic beans are on the WWE banned substance list and therefore Roman Reigns is suspended

Triple H comes out, announces it with a straight face, drops the mic on the mat and walks off ;)

rovert wrote: »

Twitter was convinced it is brand split

Ive seen that around quite a bit myself which is why I listed it but I cant fathom how the hell they'll connect "the Royal Rumble controversy" to a brand split.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

And they'd need two belts again.

And Heyman running Smackdown...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I reckon because of Rocks interference, Reigns will have to win another match at Fast Lane to keep his spot.

Possibly against a returning heel Sheamus, who is a loose ally of the Authority, he's destroying Reigns with J&J/Kane & Big Show, Bryan makes the save thus setting up his match v Sheamus at Mania. Reigns keeps his Mania spot but is 'endorsed' by Bryan and WWE get their Bryan v Sheamus match again with the heel/face dynamic reversed from last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Rock V Kane & Big Show for Reigns to retain his title match?

Rock V Rusev maybe along with some other match involving Reigns?

Roman V Rock in an ultimate family showdown and if he loses he can wave his Mania match goodbye?

Pie in the sky I know but I'm just thinking out loud!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

J. Marston wrote: »
    The only right, fair and decent option.

There'll probably be a match on Monday night between Reigns and Curtis Axel and the winner goes to WM :mad:

• Advertisement

WWE just published this and the last 90 seconds of it is very revealing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=prxJvAef6mg&x-yt-cl=85114404

Based on this Triple H is definitely turning Face and some part of the Rumble will be re-done or some serious changes made that will affect the main event at Wrestlemania.

"When I went back and watched Rumble match, it's just not right. The whole world knew it"

I think, for once, the hype about an announcement on Raw will be backed up on Monday and then some.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I honestly wouldn't be getting my hopes up; at best, they'll use The Rock's interference to run a second title-shot match, but even then, would be shocked if Reigns doesn't win still.

To me though, this screams "We know you're angry but please, please don't stop watching"....but it will be a bait and switch. And I can't see HHH turning when he's in the middle of the Sting feud...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Triple H is not going to be a face, he is scheduled to confront Sting at fast lane and then go into Mania for a match against him.

WWE are just trying to keep the momentum going and feeding the appetite amongst part of its fanbase for the idea of change.

That interview above and his Smackdown appearance could only be more Face if he told the WWE Universe to take their vitamins and say their prayers.

A Face turn is definitely coming because Im betting the Mania match will be pitched as "Triple H defends the WWE's honour. Sting defends WCWs" as he keeps referring to Sting "not belonging here"

Mark my words! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Reigns to win a match at Fast Lane against Kane/Big Show/HHH maybe with The Rock and/or Bryan as his tag partner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Blatter wrote: »
    Wasn't there a segment at the Rumble where Heyman suggested to HHH that Lesnar could take care of Sting?

Any discussion as to where they were going with that?

Is Sting Vs. HHH the plan for WM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Sting Vs. HHH the plan for WM?

Pretty much the plan at the moment.

Interesting point regarding Heyman suggesting Lesnar taking care of Sting.

Gonna be an interesting first 20 minutes of Raw anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seeing as The Rock interfered in the Royal Rumble, Triple H will reverse the decisions costing Reigns his title shot at Wrestlemania, that would be my guess.

Two votes so far for "Something not listed here (say what below)"

What are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Andre the Giant Battle Royal to return at Mania, with the winner going on to join the main event later in the night, making it a triple threat

Advertisement