Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    why does Niamh keep insisting Rachel is her daughter?

She brought her up. It's odd though, with the funk that Rachel is in and Paul's penchant for saying whatever will hurt the person he's in a mood with, that neither of them has come out with 'but you're not my/her mother!'... seems like an obvious retort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

dee_mc wrote: »
    She brought her up. It's odd though, with the funk that Rachel is in and Paul's penchant for saying whatever will hurt the person he's in a mood with, that neither of them has come out with 'but you're not my/her mother!'... seems like an obvious retort

ah ok.. from what age? I rememberer googling about Helen Doyle a while ago and read Rachel was 2 when she died. Odd that Rachel never mentions her (in the time I've watched anyways). Especially in a time like this. It would seem natural for Paul to tell her "your mother would've been so proud of you", etc.. Niamh referring to Rachel as her daughter still seems a bit disrespect to Rachel's real mother though. She could've just said "she's like a daughter to me ". Doesn't really matter though, I suppose. Oh I totally agree - I thought Rachel/Paul was going to retort with that tonight when Niamh started arguing with Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

ah ok.. from what age? I rememberer googling about Helen Doyle a while ago and read Rachel was 2 when she died. Odd that Rachel never mentions her (in the time I've watched anyways). Especially in a time like this. It would seem natural for Paul to tell her "your mother would've been so proud of you", etc.. Niamh referring to Rachel as her daughter still seems a bit disrespect to Rachel's real mother though. She could've just said "she's like a daughter to me ". Doesn't really matter though, I suppose. Oh I totally agree - I thought Rachel/Paul was going to retort with that tonight when Niamh started arguing with Paul
    She has mentioned her real mother in past storylines, in fairness

Hmm I'm not sure how long ago Niamh and Paul got together, I'd say 2003 or 4 maybe? Could be totally wrong there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Fair City isn't bad of late......................

did-i-just-say-that-out-loud-o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Fair City isn't bad of late......................

did-i-just-say-that-out-loud-o.gif

have-you-lost-your-mind.jpg

have-you-lost-your-mind.jpg

nope. Fair is fair. a couple of the plots of late have been very good. Still plenty of "comedic nonsense" to keep this thread on its feet but credit where its due.

Hmm I'm not sure how long ago Niamh and Paul got together, I'd say 2003 or 4 maybe? Could be totally wrong there!

So they only got married in 2008 but I have a feeling they had been together a long time at that stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

When Ruth was being adopted, they talked about how both girls were being adopted at the same time.

I don't know if Niamh could adopt Rachel in this situation, but in FC land, they made it the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Didn't Niamh adopt Rachel legally

Why wasn't barchanic Mikey not invited to dinner with his family and the Brennans sure him bedding Niamh is all forgotten about :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

So they only got married in 2008 but I have a feeling they had been together a long time at that stage

2008 was their second wedding. They got married way before in the early to mid 2000s. They first got together the time of the Blue Dolphin business back in 1999, 2000 or 2001. Paul was originally with Helen Doyle, then Nicola, then Niamh. The latter 2 are Dolphin employees too. Nicola later went with Donal Maher, another Dolphin.

2008 was their second wedding. They got married way before in the early to mid 2000s. They first got together the time of the Blue Dolphin business back in 1999, 2000 or 2001. Paul was originally with Helen Doyle, then Nicola, then Niamh. The latter 2 are Dolphin employees too. Nicola later went with Donal Maher, another Dolphin.

Am I right in thinking Paul's marriage to Nicola ended because he was having it off with Niamh, then later his marriage to Niamh ended because he was having it off with Nicola? That Blue Dolphin office used to be hilarious with all the bed-hopping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Niamh's dress was an old one, I remember her wearing that in an episode before, that color really suits her and the dress is nice

whats the big deal if Rachel messed up in the Leaving, she can always repeat and most people end up doing a lot better than what they think they did.

fin12 wrote: »
    whats the big deal if Rachel messed up in the Leaving, she can always repeat and most people end up doing a lot better than what they think they did.

I think that bit is realistic enough to be honest, I've worked with kids for whom the Leaving would have been the be all and end all, only for personal stuff to kick off and interrupt their focus. The resentment and worry and anger etc are ringing true for me as I watch, even if the writing is unbelievably bad!

I think that bit is realistic enough to be honest, I've worked with kids for whom the Leaving would have been the be all and end all, only for personal stuff to kick off and interrupt their focus. The resentment and worry and anger etc are ringing true for me as I watch, even if the writing is unbelievably bad!

its not Rachel that's going on about it,she wants to forget about it and just wait for the results, its Paul and Niamh going on about it the whole time and assuming that she's after getting top marks that's what's pissing Rachel off, sure I had the same thing with my own parents once you finished exams they would go on and on about the results, its not a nice experience.

I think a lot of stress about the leaving comes from parents, in my case it definitely did and through college as well

fin12 wrote: »
    its not Rachel that's going on about it,she wants to forget about it and just wait for the results, its Paul and Niamh going on about it the whole time and assuming that she's after getting top marks that's what's pissing Rachel off, sure I had the same thing with my own parents once you finished exams they would go on and on about the results, its not a nice experience.

I think a lot of stress about the leaving comes from parents, in my case it definitely did and through college as well

Oh that's true, parents can be insensitive alright but it would be unusual for it to be on the scale of Paul and Niamh!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Is the launderette fubarred???

squadro wrote: »
    Is the launderette fubarred???

why, what happened to it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Niamh adopted Rachel as far as I know, hence her referring to her as her daughter. She is married to Rachel's father. That would be stepmother, but the fact that she adopted her means a little more, so mother is used.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

You will find she will end up doing very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Laura visited Dolly once in hospital also Cleo should come back as well to see her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think Wayne was justified in the end in his opposition to the wedding. It was all a bit depressing and morbid with Dolores in a wheelchair and on oxygen.

You will find she will end up doing very well.

I'd say they'll have forgotten all about that storyline come August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Laura visited Dolly once in hospital also Cleo should come back as well to see her

This is fair city.... Farrah Phelan didn't even phone home when her brother was dying of cancer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Louise has a strong country accent. She's no daughter of Bela. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

is Dolly being written out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

That ridiculous crying from Orla again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

That ridiculous crying from Orla again.

She drives me mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Did anyone notice that when Jane rang the police she gave her address as "number 1" yet when Bob called over, number 2 was on the door.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement