Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Niamh hast been seen in weeks and now shes in every scene wandering up and down the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Hitchens wrote: »
    is Dolly being written out?

well, considering what is about to happen to her..................yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

I think she makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

wayne crying was actuallygood.Felt bad for him ha. Orla's sopping ha very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

What's the restaurant that's being used fairly often these days? The one where the Paul, Niamh, Debbie and Eoghan went to dinner with Katie and Rachel? Have seen it used in a few more scenes prior to that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What's the restaurant that's being used fairly often these days? The one where the Paul, Niamh, Debbie and Eoghan went to dinner with Katie and Rachel? Have seen it used in a few more scenes prior to that...
    The Happy Tomato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Very sad, Wayne at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's the Hotel where Debbie is now working. Herself and Jo walked there a few weeks ago, so it must be near enough to Carrigstown, and we'll probably be seeing more of it in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

wadacrack wrote: »
    wayne crying was actuallygood.Felt bad for him ha. Orla's sopping ha very poor

Wayne's reactions throughout tonight's show were realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

It's the Hotel where Debbie is now working. Herself and Jo walked there a few weeks ago, so it must be near enough to Carrigstown, and we'll probably be seeing more of it in the future.

Balantine Lodge I think it's called.

Bit weird that of all places to go for dinner,Debbie would want to go to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

MelanieC wrote: »
    Balantine Lodge I think it's called.

Bit weird that of all places to go for dinner,Debbie would want to go to work.

Staff Discount - makes sense. It's not like she works in the restaurant anyway, she's in charge of the chamber staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

Has anyone notice the amount of radio adverts Yvonne is doing these days? Every time I switch on the Radio there she is.
    Are there no other females out there that might need a gig or two, she must have some hold on the advertising industry. Can't stand her pretentious accent!

Has anyone notice the amount of radio adverts Yvonne is doing these days? Every time I switch on the Radio there she is.
    Are there no other females out there that might need a gig or two, she must have some hold on the advertising industry. Can't stand her pretentious accent!

I think Niamh does a quite a bit, Ive definitely recognized her voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

fin12 wrote: »
    I think Niamh does a quite a bit, Ive definitely recognized her voice.

She does the Dunnes Stores ads.

Jesus those Dolores scenes are heartbreaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Jesus those Dolores scenes are heartbreaking

Found them hard to watch - the actress playing Doll is doing a great job but it can be a bit too real for a lot of people watching it.

Pretzill wrote: »
    Found them hard to watch - the actress playing Doll is doing a great job but it can be a bit too real for a lot of people watching it.

plus **** cancer runs in both sides of my family that a big factor also I could see my dad chocking up also

Pretzill wrote: »

Indeed they were incredibly realistic. I've witnessed this scene for real and it was bringing back (uncomfortable) memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

plus **** cancer runs in both sides of my family that a big factor also I could see my dad chocking up also
    Cancer is too serious a topic to be handled by Fair City's mediocre group of writers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Cancer is too serious a topic to be handled by Fair City's mediocre group of writers.

I think they're handling it quite well actually. A lot of the general writing recently has been sub-par ("Where's my money? Give me my money" etc etc) but credit where it's due too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

oh that Jane. :rolleyes:

I can't believe they're trying to resurrect Tommy's character, it's not long since he was pathologically stalking people and threatening them with guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What's the craic with Dean? He looks like a fooking pint of Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Anyone else notice Janes sparkly black jumper changed from a vee-neck to a round-neck half way through the episode? I reran my recording TWICE to confirm this!

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Do people actually get to retract a 999 distress call which results in an arrest - without any consequences for either their malice or their wasting of Garda time??

Only in Fair City I suppose

I suppose also the gradual reunification of Niamh and Paul will go on forever....but does anyone care?

As will the getting together of Louise and Dean

As will the improvements->disimprovements->improvements of Delores' health

And a re-run of old, already repeated plots centered on the writers' poor attempts at making Jane the Irish Alexis Colby! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

Jane - best rack in Fair City?

walshb wrote: »
    What's the craic with Dean? He looks like a fooking pint of Guinness

Is he dyeing his beard or something? It's a very unusual look.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Is he dyeing his beard or something? It's a very unusual look.

No i think he stopped dyeing his hair because i remember when he was in Fair city the last time you could tell his hair was dyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Does his collar match his cuffs though, that is that question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,390 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Ballinteer Lodge is this where Niamh went for her drink on her lonesome?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Ballinteer Lodge is this where Niamh went for her drink on her lonesome?

"Ballantine".....they probably wouldn't be allowed use the name of an actual Dublin area :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement