Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

i left a voice message saying il help out at the allotment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 spottyapples

fin12 wrote: »
    i left a voice message saying il help out at the allotment.

Ahaha brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I'll ring and ask him if he would rig up some video cameras around my house. And while I have him on the phone, I'll ask him if Dr
    Hiya has any plans to come home from Africa, and also ask if he approves of the name 'Junior' for his son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

For a fully qualified chef who has worked in top restaurants in Paris in London, why is Neil hanging out with 16yr olds?

They're 18 in fact but the "old" Neil would be around 30 by now : it's as if they've completely recast the character, not just the actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah poor Tommy - his own daughter or Damo didn't even sign up for the allotment lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Which girl/teen is next for Neil? Hayely and Amanda have had their go. Who's next for this never ending story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I searched the other day and found a thread about the old fight club - where Mark Halpin broke Sean's jaw lol :p Doug was in that crowd and it happened in 2007 so he'd be around 22-23 ish now?

How much older is Neil supposed to be then and he's hanging around with an 18 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 4Courts

Strazdas wrote: »
    They're 18 in fact but the "old" Neil would be around 30 by now : it's as if they've completely recast the character, not just the actor.

when was neil first in it? he must have been 18/19 at least when he was with orla.

4Courts wrote: »
    when was neil first in it? he must have been 18/19 at least when he was with orla.

Not sure but he looked mid to late twenties when he left Carrigstown, maybe 27 or 28 or so.

tk123 wrote: »
    I searched the other day and found a thread about the old fight club - where Mark Halpin broke Sean's jaw lol :p Doug was in that crowd and it happened in 2007 so he'd be around 22-23 ish now?

How much older is Neil supposed to be then and he's hanging around with an 18 year old?

It's all a bit odd. Doug is indeed around 23 but Neil was generally understood to be older, by a good six years or so.

It seems the writers have completely reinvented the character and introduced him as a 20-21 year old ie. younger than Doug (!) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

So Neil goes from Orla (35?) to Amanda(18) and doug goes from Ama to possible Rachel!

So Neil goes from Orla (35?) to Amanda(18) and doug goes from Ama to possible Rachel!

I believe Orla is 38 in real life so Neil has just managed a 20 year drop :)

The puzzle would be how any girl would be interested in Doug. I'm sure he's really sound and with "a heart of gold" etc but I imagine most girls would have him down as an absolute eejit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

I'm guessing we are going to see a Rachel-Doug relationship, possibly a pregnancy storyline?

threetrees wrote: »
    I'm guessing we are going to see a Rachel-Doug relationship, possibly a pregnancy storyline?

but we already have the caoimhe pregnancy storyline. I actually think Doug would be a really nice boyfriend but Im not sure how much older he is than Rachel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

fin12 wrote: »
    but we already have the caoimhe pregnancy storyline. I actually think Doug would be a really nice boyfriend but Im not sure how much older he is than Rachel.

We will see Paul hit the roof

JillyQ wrote: »
    We will see Paul hit the roof

Doug's age wouldn't be the problem. Paul would see him as a two bit mechanic with zero prospects (even though he's employing him). He probably expects Rachel to be dating some high flyer who's attending university.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

What happened on Wednesday and Thursday in Fair City?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

So are we going to see Louise starve herself and exercise because she thinks she's fat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

dogcat wrote: »
    What happened on Wednesday and Thursday in Fair City?

There was a sale on at Phelan's and in the rush to get to the cheese aisle (where we all know the best gossip can be heard) someone stood on Charlie's bunion, what ensued would spoil the next few weeks for you so...
    Charlie shouts in a posh accent - and his secret is finally revealed - news spreads of this - all the regulars of Carraigstown realise for all these years a southsider had been infiltrating their town, and every evening after he has done his spying through the 'Community Centre' he takes a bus and a connecting dart back to the suburbs to plot further in how to turn these northside folks towards southside ways - pilates for the community centre - pannani's for McCoy's -nobody is safe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Should be good when it comes out that Wayne has blank caps in his gun and Tommy is the real Dad.

• Advertisement

Should be good when it comes out that Wayne has blank caps in his gun and Tommy is the real Dad.

Caoimhe is hell bent on telling Tommy (bizarrely, she thinks it will give him a lift and cheer him up) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Caoimhe is hell bent on telling Tommy (bizarrely, she thinks it will give him a lift and cheer him up) :D

When someone tells him they called his son ''Junior'', Tommy might sign himself into the clinic again. And who could blame him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Did Bella just call Dean Damien?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

So Degan comes into the pub to give Jane a picture frame and then walks out with it again:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

What keeps Tommy afloat moneywise I wonder ? B&B and flat out eating out

Bullocks wrote: »
    What keeps Tommy afloat moneywise I wonder ? B&B and flat out eating out

he might have savings and dole

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Lol at the observations about neils reincarnation , the script writers must suffer from amnesia. How will poor tommy cope when he hears about juniors ear infection, it could derail him altogether . I thought Paul brennans comment about Doug being like a junior infant very funny.

How the fook does Amanda have a free reign to ponce around and cause trouble in the garage? How long before sour puss cracks a smile and becomes her bezzy mate?

walshb wrote: »
    How the fook does Amanda have a free reign to ponce around and cause trouble in the garage? How long before sour puss cracks a smile and becomes her bezzy mate?

There's no way Paul would tolerate her being anywhere near the garage. He would eff her into the ground and run her.

• Advertisement

There's no way Paul would tolerate her being anywhere near the garage. He would eff her into the ground and run her.

Well, seeing as Charlotte has the run of his house maybe he's mellowed out....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement