Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brush your hair Callum.

Alma needs to use the shaver on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Alma needs to use the shaver on it

Doug might get jealous.

His imaginery relationship with the nuss is coming on nicely. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Poor Dr Jim can't go piss post a letter without bumping into nosy Bob.
    And in the park, Jim invited Pete and Dolores back to his place to have a drink.
    What, does he live locally? You'd think Bob would have bumped into him at some stage in the last 30 years.
    And the notion of Callum dropping Charlotte off to his 'mum' without even introducing them is pathetic. ''She's gonna be staying here for a while. Look after her. I mean it!''

Yeah, right.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Pete was doing the hoovering and when she was finished he gave it to Doug & walked away no sign's of plugging the thing out.

Doug invited strangers he met in a bar to come back to his mother's place what the hell.

I think Charlotte is lying nobody is after her she probably just ran away

Charlotte is definitely lying but she is in some other type of trouble. She may have run away and got into her own trouble. The way she described what she saw with regard to Zumo's friends? She was watching too much Love/Hate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Charlotte is definitely lying but she is in some other type of trouble. She may have run away and got into her own trouble. The way she described what she saw with regard to Zumo's friends? She was watching too much Love/Hate!!

Yeah all the 'I saw something I shouldn't have' 'I saw too much' guff was laid on as heavily as her eyeliner!

• Advertisement

Can't say I missed Charelotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

At least the journalist was being honest when she gave her view on "Kaydees" blog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I thought she was gonna come back and say she was pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Yeah, especially when she had an encounter with Paul (breed like rabbits) son.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

coolhull wrote: »
    And the notion of Callum dropping Charlotte off to his 'mum' without even introducing them is pathetic. ''She's gonna be staying here for a while. Look after her. I mean it!''

Yeah, right.......

That was so bad. He is the worst cast actor in the show. One second he's all down and the next he's flying. Like when sniffles, or is it mumbles, started seeing Jane, Callum was distraught. Within an episode he doesn't give a toss, and every scene with him and Jane is her trying to explain herself and him barely recognizing she's even talking to him...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

walshb wrote: »
    That was so bad. He is the worst cast actor in the show. One second he's all down and the next he's flying. Like when sniffles, or is it mumbles, started seeing Jane, Callum was distraught. Within an episode he doesn't give a toss, and every scene with him and Jane is her trying to explain herself and him barely recognizing she's even talking to him...:rolleyes:

I think the guy who plays Callum is quite a good actor actually. But you are right about the character,the writers can't decide from one episode to the next,whether they want him to be a good guy or a villain. They've done the same with Robbie & that character had so much potential. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

MelanieC wrote: »
    I think the guy who plays Callum is quite a good actor actually. But you are right about the character,the writers can't decide from one episode to the next,whether they want him to be a good guy or a villain. They've done the same with Robbie & that character had so much potential. Shame.

Callum is basically a good person imo. Hopefully, they will explore more of Robbie. Most of TVs most interesting characters are those caught between being good and being a villain. Robbie seems to be this and this should be explored. Afterall, the mix of good and evil in a character is what made Nidge and Fran what they are. If both had been just bad guys, they would not have been interesting and it is their complexity that made them great and believable characters. Hopefully, Robbie can be the same in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Just thinking - I suppose is it any wonder Callum is up & down,all over the place all the time really.

If you think about it,he didn't know his father until a couple of years ago,his stepfather died,his mother pretended she was dying of cancer & stole 50k,his sister was bullied,he was kidnapped,intimidated & held hostage by a gangster,he stole cars & went joyriding,he caused a car accident & was tried in court & given community service,he got involved with a criminal gang & was the cause of his father's garage being cleaned out,he stole from a charity shop,his only "love interests" have been disasters (one turned out to be a murderer & the other turned out to be gay!),his stepmother had an affair with his mate & work colleague & his mother is now sleeping with said former mate!

And that's just off the top of my head! I think I'd be a bit doolally myself after all that!

Why? Was Tommy out Spain for a while?!!

Why? Was Tommy out Spain for a while?!!

MelanieC wrote: »
    Just thinking - I suppose is it any wonder Callum is up & down,all over the place all the time really.

If you think about it,he didn't know his father until a couple of years ago,his stepfather died,his mother pretended she was dying of cancer & stole 50k,his sister was bullied,he was kidnapped,intimidated & held hostage by a gangster,he stole cars & went joyriding,he caused a car accident & was tried in court & given community service,he got involved with a criminal gang & was the cause of his father's garage being cleaned out,he stole from a charity shop,his only "love interests" have been disasters (one turned out to be a murderer & the other turned out to be gay!),his stepmother had an affair with his mate & work colleague & his mother is now sleeping with said former mate!

And that's just off the top of my head! I think I'd be a bit doolally myself after all that!

But the lines and scenes he is giving don't convey this. He arrived like a steam train. OTT arrogant and confrontational. That is the problem with his character. The FC writers are forcing his aggressiveness too much. It's phoney. His treatment of Niamh was way too unrealistic, as was her putting up with it. Look at last night's scene with Charlotte and him landing her on Jane? Way OTT. Why? The writers are in fantasy land.

This is just my opinion but if I was self medicating I wouldn't do it in the middle of the street

This is just my opinion but if I was self medicating I wouldn't do it in the middle of the street

This is soap land. They have affairs in the marital beds, and discuss medical information in the local chip shop.

At least the journalist was being honest when she gave her view on "Kaydees" blog!

Kaydee looked way too old for that school uniform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Kaydee looked way too old for that school uniform.

yeah, especially yesterday! what age is the actress?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Actress Amelia Clarke Stuart has revealed her older brother was an inspiration for her part as a gay teen in Fair City.

The star plays lesbian Katy O’Brien who is hiding her sexuality from her father.

And Amelia, who is in her 20s, said teenagers have been contacting her online to tell her the storyline is helping them.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/arts-culture-news/fair-city-actress-amelia-clarke-4270569

3 minutes in and Bob's brother hasn't popped a pill yet. Record?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

sligojoek wrote: »
    Actress Amelia Clarke Stuart has revealed her older brother was an inspiration for her part as a gay teen in Fair City.

The star plays lesbian Katy O’Brien who is hiding her sexuality from her father.

And Amelia, who is in her 20s, said teenagers have been contacting her online to tell her the storyline is helping them.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/arts-culture-news/fair-city-actress-amelia-clarke-4270569

What an absolute shambles of an article. Firstly it's the wrong picture, and then the journalist starts referring to things 'Katy' said instead of Amelia!

Costa of crime?

Jane: What are you doing here, Michael?
    Mumbles: I brought you a takeaway coffee.

''Michael, I'm in me own fcukin' house. If I wanted coffee, I'd have made it meself. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Callum must be some hardy buck.
    He slammed the door in Janes and the whole apartment shook

ah, so all Jo's Cork classmates have Dublin accents

in fairness, this is a little bit funny with dermot and jo! cliche renunion party antics but funny all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

ah, so all Jo's Cork classmates have Dublin accents

They sound like they are supposed to be from Montenotte (a posh suburb of Cork city). Jo's accent sounds quite posh as well, not like the real West Cork and city accents I am more in favour of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Callum must be some hardy buck.
    He slammed the door in Janes and the whole apartment shook

Tremor travelled all the way to cork for Jo's reunion. Thought the hotel was gonna collapse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement