Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Dolly and Pete
    It doesn't matter. They're not on screen. Suits me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Cris Jones wrote: »
    was enjoyin fair city ok, the tommy story, the 'junior' story, etc, dan in his wheelchair story, in fact, like all the stories, but then, fair city in it thinking it is pc, bring back nina and laurna and I do not want to know..no one does. fair city alienates families. nobody wants to have that on when little children are watching as it is just soap political correctness gone mad - no such situ is really about and even if it was why do I and small kids have to have it pushed down our noses in family time,,,,all will rush to ban me but they know I say the truth really. Fair City has lost the plot and lost viewers
    It's difficult enough that we adults have to watch Fair City (out of a sense of duty to this thread) but why would you inflict FC on small children? Have they been especially bold this week? If so, ground them or hide their toys or something. But making them watch Fair City must surely be considered cruel and unusual punishment. Stop it, stop it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Nina is annoying and what kind of accent does Laura have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

MelanieC wrote: »
    Wayne & Orla are turning into the Kat & Alfie of Carrigstown. The constant misery is exhausting......

Maybe we could give them their own spin off show........on Mars.

Not having insurance is a cliche along with weddings gone wrong unwanted pregnancy and the police been idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Not having insurance is a cliche along with weddings gone wrong unwanted pregnancy and the police been idiots

Doesn't insurance automatically renew if you don't cancel it anyway

I find that they generally write or email you if your policy is due. But that wouldn't suit the 'scriptwriters'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Tommy and Farrah. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I've been saying all week...Debbie and Leo next for an oul affair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Orla: I don't know whether it was a man or a woman.

30 seconds later : She said she'll get back to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

what's Damians excuse for having financial problems? he has no mortgage and his own business yet he's has money troubles.

Every single meal out, buying coffee's here 3 or 4 times a day, doing the household shopping in the corner shop, and going for pints at every opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Every single meal out, buying coffee's here 3 or 4 times a day, doing the household shopping in the corner shop, and going for pints at every opportunity.

Tbf if I was stuck with Laura I'd try to minimize my time in the house aswell.

What is Hughie up to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cris Jones wrote: »
    was enjoyin fair city ok, the tommy story, the 'junior' story, etc, dan in his wheelchair story, in fact, like all the stories, but then, fair city in it thinking it is pc, bring back nina and laurna and I do not want to know..no one does. fair city alienates families. nobody wants to have that on when little children are watching as it is just soap political correctness gone mad - no such situ is really about and even if it was why do I and small kids have to have it pushed down our noses in family time,,,,all will rush to ban me but they know I say the truth really. Fair City has lost the plot and lost viewers

Last time you posted in this thread it was to criticize the same lesbian relationship and no one agreed with you then either - maybe you should take your opinion to someone who cares like the Westboro Baptist Church or something...

you-should-feel-bad-meme-generator-your-opinion-is-bad-and-you-should-feel-bad-b350df.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Five bleedin grand from Damo! And all in a few days?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I dont see how Damien thinks he can just take over the house and is basically making into his own family home. The house was left to the three of them so its only right he should have to buy Laura out if she is not happy to stay there and move on with her own life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

fin12 wrote: »
    I dont see how Damien thinks he can just take over the house and is basically making into his own family home. The house was left to the three of them so its only right he should have to buy Laura out if she is not happy to stay there and move on with her own life.
    Yeah but Laura is some thunderin bitch. Its too small to have Tommy visiting. Hours later. My girlfriend has a key now its big enough for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

What is Hughie up to?

I've been wondering that as well, he been itching to get behind the till for the past few days.

I've been wondering that as well, he been itching to get behind the till for the past few days.

ya what was that package he signed for, was there drink inside that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ya what was that package he signed for, was there drink inside that?

No, the point of the scene was that the package was addressed to the manager of Phelans and Hughie signed for it, suggesting he fancies himself in that role.

• Advertisement

What is Hughie up to?

It would appear he wants to work in the store or even manage it. Not sure what the legal ramifications would be.....is Farrah the sole owner at the moment? Perhaps he even wants to buy it from her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Yeah but Laura is some thunderin bitch. Its too small to have Tommy visiting. Hours later. My girlfriend has a key now its big enough for her.

In fairness Damien already moved in his girlfriend too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 blondchick

Wouldn't it be great if in the real world you needed €5,000 you could just mention it to a few people and somebody will come up with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

blondchick wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great if in the real world you needed €5,000 you could just mention it to a few people and somebody will come up with it!

Fook that. Why don't they raid the ham and cheese toasty account? There's bound to be 1000s in that account alone!

I didn't know Orla and Farrah were even that friendly :) I don't recall them having much to do with each other last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 blondchick

That must be some credit union they have in Carrickstown, Eoghan and stripey top had no money to send Katie off on her travels at lunchtime but by dinnertime they had applied for the loan and got approval. The Celtic Tiger is obviously back in Carrickstown!

That must be some credit union they have in Carrickstown, Eoghan and stripey top had no money to send Katie off on her travels at lunchtime but by dinnertime they had applied for the loan and got approval. The Celtic Tiger is obviously back in Carrickstown!

Well the credit union are always very good for giving out loans, Ive got loans in my credit union when I was unemployed but I did have savings also with them so I suppose that helps. There wouldn't be any reason why debbie and Eoin couldn't get a loan from the credit union, they are both working.

Hughie : "I'm not going to give you any money, Farrah"

4 minute ad break.....

Hughie : "I'll have the money for you as soon as possible, Farrah"

Damien : "There's no way I'm going to buy Laura's share of that house"

4 minute ad break....

Damien : I'll get the money somewhere to buy Laura's share of the house"

God, it's wearing me down.

coolhull wrote: »
    Hughie : "I'm not going to give you any money, Farrah"

4 minute ad break.....

Hughie : "I'll have the money for you as soon as possible, Farrah"

Damien : "There's no way I'm going to buy Laura's share of that house"

4 minute ad break....

Damien : I'll get the money somewhere to buy Laura's share of the house"

God, it's wearing me down.

Ya but do you ever notice its people that go around saying Im broke or I've no money actually have plenty of money. Its all bull****, there just dont want to put their hand in their pocket.

• Advertisement

Ya but do you ever notice its people that go around saying Im broke or I've no money actually have plenty of money. Its all bull****, there just dont want to put their hand in their pocket.

Indeed, how could Orla not have even five grand in her bank account? If she can't even get her hands on a small amount like that as a self employed publican, her finances must be in an awful state.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement