Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Strazdas wrote: »
    It would appear he wants to work in the store or even manage it. Not sure what the legal ramifications would be.....is Farrah the sole owner at the moment? Perhaps he even wants to buy it from her?

Yes I think Hughie wants Phelan's Spar for himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes I think Hughie wants Phelan's Spar for himself

I'm sure he said something like the store should have been left to him by Christy, in the middle of his argument with Farrah last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

I don't let my kids watch soaps mainly because of adultery in them. They see illness and death and money woes and gay relationships etc in the news but it's affairs that wreck families that they would find disturbing.

On the money thing, I find people who complain about being broke actually have money, broke people don't admit their financial state.

Do Damien and Laura and Mark own the house? How come Damo has no money when he doesn't pay rent or mortgage? Especially when he charges 5k for a day long job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

I don't let my kids watch soaps mainly because of adultery in them. They see illness and death and money woes and gay relationships etc in the news but it's affairs that wreck families that they would find disturbing.

On the money thing, I find people who complain about being broke actually have money, broke people don't admit their financial state.

Do Damien and Laura and Mark own the house? How come Damo has no money when he doesn't pay rent or mortgage? Especially when he charges 5k for a day long job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

threetrees wrote: »

ya so true about the broke thing, I also found the same thing in College as regards exams and assignments, you would have people going on saying how they are going to fail how they have done no study, haven't a clue and then there the ones then that come back with very high marks then, Its so f*****g annoying listening to that bull****.

• Advertisement

Damien has money he just thinks by saying he has f**k all money that he will get Laura off his back and continue to live in that house as if its his own. His basically had the house all to himself for years so he thinks he can do whatever the hell he likes. If I was Laura I would have got a solicitor on to him ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

threetrees wrote:

This!!!

i've no money now I'm off to eat my breakfast in the bistro, then I'll have lunch in McCoys and and better go to the Hungry Pig for my dinner to save a few €'s! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

tk123 wrote: »
    This!!!

i've no money now I'm off to eat my breakfast in the bistro, then I'll have lunch in McCoys and and better go to the Hungry Pig for my dinner to save a few €'s! :pac:

And maybe have a few pints in The Station with Ironside before heading off the Auburn Lodge Hotel for a nightcap with Debbie and Jackie.
    Being broke is a sickener, ain't it?

tk123 wrote: »
    This!!!

coolhull wrote: »
    And maybe have a few pints in The Station with Ironside before heading off the Auburn Lodge Hotel for a nightcap with Debbie and Jackie.
    Being broke is a sickener, ain't it?

Don't forget to pop into Spar for your shopping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Don't forget to pop into Spar for your shopping :D
    And get your clothes washed in Jo's laundrette. Remember, they have free Wifi....;)

• Advertisement

Is Laura's journo girlfriend after her cash from the sale of the Halphin house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Where the bloody hell were Dan and yer man?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Teacher, journalist, shop owner, photographer, charity volunteer and the ability to change her appearance and accent by just hopping on a plane!! Farrah Phelan! A remarkable woman 👱📷

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Damien is being a bit of a dick. He should be grateful he got the house for long without the others asking for anything. He only owns 1/3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I hope Hughie just spends the next few weeks going about calling everyone out on their sh*t...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I hope Hughie just spends the next few weeks going about calling everyone out on their sh*t...

Ha! Could take months with the demons most of them have.

He makes a great antagonist!

Why do Fair City keep changing its time-slot when did it move back to 8pm :mad:

Sat down at 8:30pm and it was just over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Was there some history between Wayne and Hughie before? Or was it just Waynes alternate reality mind that made him decide Hughie was plotting alongside Tommy in the shop. Wtf provoked Wayne to have a go at him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was there some history between Wayne and Hughie before? Or was it just Waynes alternate reality mind that made him decide Hughie was plotting alongside Tommy in the shop. Wtf provoked Wayne to have a go at him?

When Hughie arrived back after Christy died he was causing trouble in McCoy's all the time because he was always drunk - I think Wayne threw him out more than once.

I don't think they have any history, just Wayne being paranoid

Seriously where is Pete and Dolly, think Wayne really needs his mammy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Why do Fair City keep changing its time-slot when did it move back to 8pm :mad:

Sat down at 8:30pm and it was just over

I hate when that happens... :(.. You could have caught it on Rte+1, if you have it.

love him he is a great actor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

So the new 'where's me money ' line goes to .... Drum roll please: Nina!!! With 'There's always my place :)'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Orla's "weeping" at the end of tonights was really cringey to be looking at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I really dont know who is gonna shag who at this stage, but its gonna kick off soon. Money, sex and the leaving cert! This is Dallas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I laughed out loud when he asked Wayne "Why do you need another man's kid anyway? Don't tell me there's no petrol in the tank?" and when Wayne lunged across the counter at him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No petrol in the tank is one I haven't heard . Well said, Hughie.

Was there really a need for the big sit-down between grumpy and greasy? FFS, all they've done the past years is scowl at each other. What was so urgent that Sean needed the mediation session?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

What's the story with Sean?

I thought he had a job lined up in Limerick (??) and was off forever, because obviously it's impossible to visit from Limerick.

What's the story with Sean?

I thought he had a job lined up in Limerick (??) and was off forever, because obviously it's impossible to visit from Limerick.

he was going to go to Limerick but then Christy persuaded him to stay saying that he had a good future with the Spar shop and that Christy was even going to leave it to him in his will but that was before Farrah turned up after all those years being away was with him for a few weeks before his death and then he changed his will and left the shop to Farrah and then Sean left the spar shop because he couldn't stick working for Farrah and ended up working in the station but he does have his mothers house, dont know what the story is with that house because Its only in the last few weeks Ive heard him mention it, saying how hes going to do it up and rent it out.

Was the house just left to him or was it left to the rest of his siblings as well?
    Its kind of weird actually why is he paying rent all this time when he could live in his mothers house or is it not fit for someone to live there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

fin12 wrote: »
    he was going to go to Limerick but then Christy persuaded him to stay saying that he had a good future with the Spar shop and that Christy was even going to leave it to him in his will but that was before Farrah turned up after all those years being away was with him for a few weeks before his death and then he changed his will and left the shop to Farrah and then Sean left the spar shop because he couldn't stick working for Farrah and ended up working in the station but he does have his mothers house, dont know what the story is with that house because Its only in the last few weeks Ive heard him mention it, saying how hes going to do it up and rent it out.

Was the house just left to him or was it left to the rest of his siblings as well?
    Its kind of weird actually why is he paying rent all this time when he could live in his mothers house or is it not fit for someone to live there?

Ah yes, I remember Christy telling him he would get the shop, just had a complete memory blank when trying to figure out why he's still around! Cheers!

Yeah, I can't figure out why, even if the house was in a state, he's only doing it up now. Strange, but such is a soap opera.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement