Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Who answers the door and doesn't even check to see who's there? I'm referring to the part just before Wayne barged in and confronted his missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Wayne has really gone OTT on the paranoia front but what was Orla thinking keeping it from him about the insurance?
    If Wayne and Orla break up, where does that leave Wayne and Junior?

Wonder if Tommy is still living in the b&b on his savings!! How long can that go on for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Whatever happened to Cathriona Cassidy ? Was it to Galway or cork she went to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Whatever happened to Cathriona Cassidy ? Was it to Galway or cork she went to ?

They must all go to these other provincial towns via the Bermuda Triangle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,128 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    Wayne has really gone OTT on the paranoia front but what was Orla thinking keeping it from him about the insurance?
    If Wayne and Orla break up, where does that leave Wayne and Junior?

Wonder if Tommy is still living in the b&b on his savings!! How long can that go on for??

Presumably if Tommy has been passed medically fit by the authorities, he would be eligible for unemployment assistance (or perhaps some form of disability payment if not).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Strazdas wrote: »
    Presumably if Tommy has been passed medically fit by the authorities, he would be eligible for unemployment assistance (or perhaps some form of disability payment if not).
    But disability benefits or dole payments wouldn't stretch to breakfast, lunch, dinner and pints seven days a week, plus offering Snuffle-arse Orla a few hundred euro for "the young fella."
    Or if it does, then Joan Burton has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,128 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

coolhull wrote: »
    But disability benefits or dole payments wouldn't stretch to breakfast, lunch, dinner and pints seven days a week, plus offering Snuffle-arse Orla a few hundred euro for "the young fella."

Yes, it would be less than €200 a week and he seems to have a lot more than that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

The scene with Farrah and kaaaatie was another cringeful example of faircity writing. Why would Michael approach a virtual stranger like Farrah to see if she'd 'have a word' with her. A few snaps of some African people was enough to stop her going to one of central America's top tourist destinations. Farrah was a complete ham. Its also a joke that she would get a loan of 5k for someone she has only been friends with a wet weekend.
    I also laughed at Niamh saying cmon up when she hadn't a clue who was there, and if she thought it was the takeaway delivery surely the lazy bitch should have had the courtesy to go down to the door. The gas thing is it was probably the first time she has eaten in her home in months and she ends up getting a takeaway. It would be a great storyline if Nina fleeces laura of her inheritance, mind you she wouldn't want to get a slap from laura.....her hands are bloody huge.... Nearly as big as Leo's

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

......actually I can only verify that one of Leo's hands is exceptionally big. .....the other one is super-glued to his pocket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

maurv1 wrote: »
    Orla's "weeping" at the end of tonights was really cringey to be looking at!

Yeah it sounded more like she was choking on a spud than crying.

Hughies line to Wayne about no petrol in the tank was funny though.

• Advertisement

coolhull wrote: »

If you're on disability allowance you can still have 50k in savings before it affects your 188pw payment. Not so with job seekers allowance .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Damien is being a bit of a dick. He should be grateful he got the house for long without the others asking for anything. He only owns 1/3.

He owns 1/3 of the house and is in full time employment in the shop and nixers from everyone in town, Caoimhe is also working.. Surely they'd be ok to re-mortgage and buy the other two out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

If you're on disability allowance you can still have 50k in savings before it affects your 188pw payment. Not so with job seekers allowance .

I think you can have 20k in savings on Job seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Why does Dermot always talk to his son like he is a 3 year old?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

While having a pregnancy scare should the woman head for the doctors surgery rather than the pub?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Does anyone ever make an appointment to see the GP? Everyone seems to ask him questions in the street etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What's the deal with this young man eyeing up Ama??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

What's the deal with this young man eyeing up Ama??

Ama the impenetrable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ex-boyfriend from Africa?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Ex-boyfriend from Africa?

My dad says Husband & I said its her brother guess we will find out tomorrow night

Also anyone think the Shane is into Sean or is it just me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I'm thinking 'brother' also!

Yeah Jo, Benjamin will have great fun spending the day at the launderette! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

They have different surnames in the credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

My dad says Husband & I said its her brother guess we will find out tomorrow night

Also anyone think the Shane is into Sean or is it just me?

Yes, thought there was something between the two also. Did Ama actually kiss Shane in the pub? Did we just see her get off her seat, then the camera went to her 'brother'/husband' then camera goes back to Shane looking extremely stunned!.

Haven't seen Fair City in two weeks and seem to have missed nothing.
    A lot of aggro in tonight's episode and I even felt hassled myself when it was over!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I wonder if this new lad has something to do with Ama's time as an au-pair/housekeeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

If the new guy just came over from Africa, he certainly has good English.
    Though Ama went from pidgin English to Oxford English in about 3 months.......

And Caoimhe proves to us once again that if you get sudden agonising abdominal pains, the best place to go is the pub, where you can be certain that friends, neighbours, and of course the local nurse will all come to your aid.

Tetra wrote: »
    Does anyone ever make an appointment to see the GP? Everyone seems to ask him questions in the street etc.

I suppose its a good way of avoiding to pay the 50 euro to see him seeing as they constantly have to eat and drink out everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Orla upset that Wayne suggested she was a trollop? I always thought she was a trollop or am I mistaken after subjecting myself the this **** soap for too many years.

Ok that was really weird at the end, why was Shane acting all shocked it was only a bleeding kiss on the check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

fin12 wrote: »
    Ok that was really weird at the end, why was Shane acting all shocked it was only a bleeding kiss on the check.

LOL LOL..
    Sorry for laughing, but I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Anyone notice how all The Station scenes are set outside these days? All the staff seem to be hanging around outside.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement