Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I think Lenka is very creepy. Does anyone else think he may be the new Mad Tommy?

I'll wait till he impregnates a few of the women before I pass judgement :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Lemka an illegal like Ama was or still is?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Lemka an illegal like Ama was or still is?

No he mentioned he has papers
    also the big story for September is that Neil burns down Paul's garage and all the cars

Now where will all the teens hang out :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ I hope there is an open day event so many of the characters will be at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

No he mentioned he has papers
    also the big story for September is that Neil burns down Paul's garage and all the cars

Now where will all the teens hang out :P

ANOTHER ****ing
    FIRE
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz How many of them have they had at this stage ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Jooo is like Peig Sayers with the cloak wrapped round her. Whats she hiding under it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Has Lenka lost his bag yet???

Orla went to Galway and was missing for one episode.
    Stephen the barman went downstairs to change a beer keg last February and hasn't been seen since.

So is Orla goign to start drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Great to see the script writers have got over the writers block"........what a gripping episode , Neil said sorry to Paul, dean brought dermot some arnica for a bruise, nuss did a bit of shopping for Lenka and Rachel didn't like her bikini

• Advertisement

I posted here last week about how I was done with fair city....

Then I go and miss it when it wasn't on Sunday

Why is this...is it some kind of sorcery

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Jaysus there was so much happening i missed Orla having a glass of wine in a pub

I posted here last week about how I was done with fair city....

Then I go and miss it when it wasn't on Sunday
    You can run away but you can never leave.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Im going to look at the episode now with my chinese takeaway, big bib and a glass of 7-UP. May report back. May not. Because the show is usually ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

So is Orla goign to start drinking?

And then she'll have to go away to sort herself out and Mad Tommy will tell Wayne The Pain he wants "The Young Fella".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Is there a bit of racism in Damien? How many times has he met Lenko and he decides somethings not right so he has a root through his passport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Bullocks wrote: »
    Is there a bit of racism in Damien? How many times has he met Lenko and he decides somethings not right so he has a root through his passport

I think he was more swayed by how Ama has been acting since he arrived, as it reminds him of how she acted before when she was afraid of something... I can't remember what the deal was that time, was it because she was afraid of being found out for being in the country illegally?

Lenka will flip his **** when he discovers Aldi shopping in Spar is very expensive

I know its just a soap but can they at least put something heavy in the suitcase's Paul & Rachel put those suitcases in the boot lol there was F all in there

Katy going on Holiday with Rachel all of a sudden only last week she was going to the middle of no-where to help 3rd world people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I know its just a soap but can they at least put something heavy in the suitcase's Paul & Rachel put those suitcases in the boot lol there was F all in there

Like the coffee cups!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Katy going on Holiday with Rachel all of a sudden only last week she was going to the middle of no-where to help 3rd world people

Are Paul and Niamh not curious about Rachel going away on holidays with a lesbian? There's just the two of them on their own and presumably they will be sharing a hotel room (and Rachel hasn't had a boyfriend in ages) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Ama's story of running away from an arranged marriage and not wanting to see her father or let him know where she is reminds me of the Eddie Murphy movie called Coming To America. I keep expecting King Joffe Joffa to sweep into Sean's house and take Princess Ama home:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Strazdas wrote: »
    Are Paul and Niamh not curious about Rachel going away on holidays with a lesbian? There's just the two of them on their own and presumably they will be sharing a hotel room (and Rachel hasn't had a boyfriend in ages) :D

Wow! Really? Ok then...

I guess a straight guy and a straight girl can't just be friends either, eh?

What the hell difference does it make?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

Wow! Really? Ok then...

if a 30 year old straight guy went on holidays with a 18 year old straight girl, im sure you'd assume they're "just friends" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If he's a 'normal' guy then no they can't really be friends....They can be acquaintances, or know each other. Friends? Never got the whole friends thing being mixed. Guys mix and hang and chill with guys. Girls with girls.....

Wow! Really? Ok then...

I'm being quite serious. It's one thing the two of them being schoolmates and pals in Dublin, but going off on their own together to Greece and sharing a room? Neither of them are in relationships. I'm not suggesting that Paul and Niamh would try and block the holiday but wouldn't they be curious at least as to whether there was something going on between the pair? There's not much proof that Rachel is straight.....it must be ages since she had a boyfriend or was on a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

It's funny how lesbians can be friends with other lesbians without anything happening...yet a straight girl and a lesbian....no ...can't be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It's funny how lesbians can be friends with other lesbians without anything happening...yet a straight girl and a lesbian....no ...can't be!

I am sure they can be. The point was that initially some people would wonder (and wonder more based on circumstances) if the relationship was more than platonic. It's a natural thing to wonder. Nothing right or wrong about wondering this.

walshb wrote: »
    I am sure they can be. The point was that initially some people would wonder (and wonder more based on circumstances) if the relationship was more than platonic. It's a natural thing to wonder. Nothing right or wrong about wondering this.

Exactly. It doesn't seem to be part of the storyline that Rachel is a lesbian and it appears the scriptwriters want us to assume that she is straight. The point I was making though is that in real life Paul and Niamh would probably be wondering about the nature of their relationship (especially as Katy and Rachel hardly even know each other, this time last year they weren't even friends......it's not as if they are lifelong pals and have always hung out together).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »

Maybe Paul and Niamh are silently wondering but they didn't feel the need to make a storyline out of it, given that the Big Ben Fahy storyline is going on at the minute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement