Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Haaa haaa dermots dad dancin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

youwould wrote: »
    They sound like they are supposed to be from Montenotte (a posh suburb of Cork city). Jo's accent sounds quite posh as well, not like the real West Cork and city accents I am more in favour of.

they sounded from Dublin 4!! In fact the black haired one sounded like she was even north county dublin. The actresses are no doubt from Dublin. nothing cork about them

Haaa haaa yerman that owns the hotel trying to get the shift outta jo.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,142 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mother of Jesus!! Those reunion scenes were the hammiest and cheesiest in soap history. I thought Red Rock had it sewn up with Briget Kiely's twerking last week, but no, FC goes one better. Absolute deplorable acting.

walshb wrote: »
    Mother of Jesus, those reunion scenes were the hammiest and cheesiest in soap history. Absolute deplorable acting.

So bad it was friggin funny.

• Advertisement

Hope the budget for next episode will stretch to dermot and hotel owner guy DOING the front nine.:D

Mother of Jesus!! Those reunion scenes were the hammiest and cheesiest in soap history. I thought Red Rock had it sewn up with Briget Kiely's twerking last week, but no, FC goes one better. Absolute deplorable acting.

In fairness I think that was the aim of it! It was a p1ss take of itself. and it worked. Comedy on fair city actually worked a bit! It was short, subtle and didnt involve bunions so for the first time in a while i laughed at something that was meant to be trying to be funny rather than just stup1d lines and character traits!

OH AND NEVER MENTION THE "OTHER SOAP" onthis thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dearbaile

For those who were wondering, the actress playing Katie is 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

That was the quickest reunion ever. 2/3 days from when she received the invite. It took us about 3 months to organise ours, people abroad coming home, easiest place for all to meet, contacting all to see if they were up for it etc.

It's all a bit mad Ted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

That was the quickest reunion ever. 2/3 days from when she received the invite. It took us about 3 months to organise ours, people abroad coming home, easiest place for all to meet, contacting all to see if they were up for it etc.

It's all a bit mad Ted!!!

It was midweek too. Feck sake like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Callum must be some hardy buck.
    He slammed the door in Janes and the whole apartment shook

Didn't Charlotte live in that apartment with Vivienne when they first appeared in FC ??

Loved Dermot tonight telling your man where he can shove his 9 iron :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

jos28 wrote: »
    Didn't Charlotte live in that apartment with Vivienne when they first appeared in FC ??

Loved Dermot tonight telling your man where he can shove his 9 iron :D:D

Worse - that apartment should be the last place Charlotte Bishop wanted to stay in even for one night. That was her dad's apartment before he moved back in with Vivienne. The writers haven't a clue!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

in fairness, this is a little bit funny with dermot and jo! cliche renunion party antics but funny all the same!

I actually LOLed throughout.....the scenes were very funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

When my kids were in secondary school, they couldn't wait to change out of their school uniforms in the evening.
    But Katey and smiley Rachel seem happy enough to spend all their time in them.
    I don't know, kids nowadays!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,142 ✭✭✭✭walshb

In fairness I think that was the aim of it! It was a p1ss take of itself. and it worked. Comedy on fair city actually worked a bit! It was short, subtle and didnt involve bunions so for the first time in a while i laughed at something that was meant to be trying to be funny rather than just stup1d lines and character traits!

OH AND NEVER MENTION THE "OTHER SOAP" onthis thread!

This makes sense. As bad as FC can be at times, the director and writers would have given the ok for those scenes after watching them. They must have deliberately went for pure comedy muck acting.

Jo is a horrendous actress. That voice is ridiculous.

This makes sense. As bad as FC can be at times, the director and writers would have given the ok for those scenes after watching them. They must have deliberately went for pure comedy muck acting.

Jo is a horrendous actress. That voice is ridiculous.

the actress that plays jo (as with the actress that plays orla and the sctor that plays mondo) consider themselves very highly in their profession (both jo and mondo having acting schools!!)

that is the equivalent of johnathan Woss and Brian Kerr setting up schools for elecution or niamh horan, the "journalist" setting up a jpurnalism school or Sam Dingle teaching anything unrelated to shooting rabbits!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

^^

Or Del - Boy setting up an academy on Business Ethics!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,715 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Charlotte up the duff and want Callum to be the daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Charlotte up the duff and want Callum to be the daddy

I was thinking the same thing too...wonder who the stepfather will be? :P

(have I done it right???? :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Strazdas wrote: »
    I actually LOLed throughout.....the scenes were very funny :D

To be honest with all the moody scenes in the show recently we needed a bit of this. Without Wayne or Cass around we haven't had a laugh for a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

To be honest with all the moody scenes in the show recently we needed a bit of this. Without Wayne or Cass around we haven't had a laugh for a good while.

I dunno, my flatmate hardly has a word of English, every time Fair City comes on she turns off the volume and laughs all the way through the entire episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

You know the real St Valentine was clubbed to death & beheaded

Was in a fit of laughter man that new Doctor one liner's sure are great he is the male version of Blanche

A new love interest for Dolores as Pete becomes more and more removed? What is he playing at letting her down when she needs him most?

What do pete and the team contract for? Pity any poor fecker who hires them and sees gormless doug arrive to start the job. Visions of frank spencer scenario minus the comedy.ah sure twill be grand once Damo rocks up paintbrush in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

Question for all ye longtime fans, or should I just say 'watchers', hah:

Is it just me or whenever they have outdoor scenes, the actors are dubbed quite badly?? As in it obviously sounds like they've recorded their piece in a studio and it's just been hastily added to the video?

Also, as I asked on the last thread just before it was closed, are Renee and Bob an item?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

diddley wrote: »
    Q

Also, as I asked on the last thread just before it was closed, are Renee and Bob an item?

In real life? I think so. They certainly were for a while at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

For feck sake who wrote the reunion scenes, some one in 4th class in primary school would have done better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I dont watch FC as I've moved to the US and you can't view it on the player but I'd love to watch it after flicking quickly through the 24 pages in the thread, the comments are proper comedy (as was the acting and storylines when I was at home)

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I dont watch FC as I've moved to the US and you can't view it on the player but I'd love to watch it after flicking quickly through the 24 pages in the thread, the comments are proper comedy (as was the acting and storylines when I was at home)

this thread is epic! you dont have to watch an episode, but this will take you through! best thread evaaaaa!

cofy wrote: »
    For feck sake who wrote the reunion scenes, some one in 4th class in primary school would have done better.

disagree. all "soap reunion" scenes are stereotypically cheey as was this but i think FC done a brilliant comedic job with jo and dermot here. best bit was when jo (6 foot) tried to hide behind 5 foot 5 Dermot! i was extremely surprised how well the scenes worked! kudos.

pity fc comedy is so rare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Ah-Watch wrote: »

This thread is comedy gold. You can easily keep up by reading this.

Who'll be next on Mumbles hit list? Jo? Orla? Dolly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement