Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Pete, Doug, and Neil all working in the Bird - Feeder shop. Great shop, now if only they could get a costumer or two......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I just think its very sad that Ken is being buried in Australia with no family all because of money. Surely they could all chip in together to get him home.

fin12 wrote: »
    I just think its very sad that Ken is being buried in Australia with no family all because of money. Surely they could all chip in together to get him home.

So was I, for a few minutes, fin12. But then I remembered it's a soap, and a fairly sh*tty one at that :p

coolhull wrote: »
    So was I, for a few minutes, fin12. But then I remembered it's a soap, and a fairly sh*tty one at that :p

ya but maybe it does happen in real life and if it does that's really sad. :(:(
    I suppose it might even be a bit like when someone dies and no relatives come forward to claim the body or those cases where someone has being dead in their home for months or years and nobody missed them, so sad. :(:(

hahahha fairly sh***y, never gets old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What did Pete call the culprit of the diesel petrol switch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What did Pete call the culprit of the diesel petrol switch?

"Slíbhín" - it means someone sly. From the mother tongue, but has slipped into the English vernacular over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

sligojoek wrote: »
    Being an accountant is all well and good but when you have a backstreet laundrette to run(into the ground), that could be a different story

I know this is fiction but being an accountant and/or being self employed does not mean one is rich. Dermot is a self employed small business and his income is likely to be modest and based completely on small clients' abilities to pay. His client base seems limited as he seems to be the sole person in the business. Probably the garage, Decco, Niamh, the pubs, the community centre, and the shop are his main clients. Plus, it is a long time since Dermot was a politician and even here, local councillors of this type do not earn fortunes. Jo's business is a startup and probably has a huge amount of overheads as is the nature. They have children and all the usual bills so there's no way they would have huge amounts of disposable income especially to cover an unexpected trip to Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

What does one make of Hayley? Is she watching too much Love/Hate or is there a real Nidge or Fran lurking in the background? My guess is
    there is no one in this except her and Mondo. Both are desperate to get their money and are trying to frighten Louise into giving it back. Hayley does not seem afraid of anyone and Mondo is just desperate to make quick cash and keep his business with Hayley going. Mondo is probably responsible for what happened at the end of last night's episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Do Australian churches have free Wi-Fi?

No, but the launderette does. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Here is Ken in case you have forgotten what he looked like http://www.independent.ie/life/home-garden/homes/fair-deal-for-family-home-26539718.html

• Advertisement

What does one make of Hayley? Is she watching too much Love/Hate or is there a real Nidge or Fran lurking in the background? My guess is
    there is no one in this except her and Mondo. Both are desperate to get their money and are trying to frighten Louise into giving it back. Hayley does not seem afraid of anyone and Mondo is just desperate to make quick cash and keep his business with Hayley going. Mondo is probably responsible for what happened at the end of last night's episode.

Is she connected to Robbie i.e. working for him

I know this is fiction but being an accountant and/or being self employed does not mean one is rich. Dermot is a self employed small business and his income is likely to be modest and based completely on small clients' abilities to pay. His client base seems limited as he seems to be the sole person in the business. Probably the garage, Decco, Niamh, the pubs, the community centre, and the shop are his main clients. Plus, it is a long time since Dermot was a politician and even here, local councillors of this type do not earn fortunes. Jo's business is a startup and probably has a huge amount of overheads as is the nature. They have children and all the usual bills so there's no way they would have huge amounts of disposable income especially to cover an unexpected trip to Australia.

I understand money's tight with them but I just think in this case they really should have done everything they could to get the money together and bring him home, they could have done a fundraiser or took out a loan from the credit union.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

fin12 wrote: »
    I understand money's tight with them but I just think in this case they really should have done everything they could to get the money together and bring him home, they could have done a fundraiser or took out a loan from the credit union.

It'd cost an absolute fortune - as Dermot said Ken had no life insurance, and I'm not sure people seem to realise how much it costs to bury someone, so Dermot is already coughing up money he doesn't have... To have the body brought back from Australia on top of that, you'd be mental to do so.

And Dermot and Jo clearly don't have money to spare, since they needed Niamh's help to secure the deposit for the laundrette.

I know most people won't see it the way I do, but Ken's dead so doesn't give a f@%$ where he's buried. The funeral and burial is for those left behind moreso than the one who has died - personally I don't give a crap what happens to me once I die, I'm more focused on enjoying myself while I'm still alive, and because I don't like a fuss while living if I did have a preference when I died it'd be to not have any funeral, burn the corpse and just chuck the ashes wherever. The whole "we must get the body home and lay it to rest alongside the rest of the family and do everything we can to give them a good send off" is just a notion people have nowadays that has only existed for maybe the last century among the common people and prior to that was something only royality or the filthy rich partook in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It did cross my mind last night that
    Hayley is just a spoofer and there in no criminal gang. It's a hard one to call though, I guess we'll find out soon enough

Couldn't Dermot have got Ken cremated in Oz and flown over there to collect the ashes or have them sent back on their own if that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Couldn't Dermot have got Ken cremated in Oz and flown over there to collect the ashes or have them sent back on their own if that happens

Heard of someone who had died abroad and had been cremated.
    The ashes were flown home to a rural village where a relation was an undertaker. The urn was placed in a coffin which was carried to the church!

Actually now that I think of it I think there is some charity set up in Ireland that helps people being their loved ones home if they have died abroad.

The Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust aims to alleviate the financial hardship of bereaved families repatriating the body of a loved one who have died in sudden or tragic circumstances back to Ireland.

The fund was set up 2 years ago and it has helped bring back the bodies of 60 people who died abroad back to Ireland.

Pete, Doug, and Neil all working in the Bird - Feeder shop. Great shop, now if only they could get a costumer or two......

Let's not forget Damo and Jane work there too or was Jane let go?

Let's not forget Damo and Jane work there too or was Jane let go?

No I don't think Jane got the job after. And of course Damien is too busy drying out McCoys cellar at 2,000-a-day to bother with the small stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dean sleeping with a hurley lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Strazdas wrote: »
    It did cross my mind last night that
    Hayley is just a spoofer and there in no criminal gang. It's a hard one to call though, I guess we'll find out soon enough
    Although she did say it to Mondo, that is was already a day late. If that was the case wouldn't she at least tell Mondo it was fake.

You gotta love Hughie "are you the mental brother" :p

Louise is some f*cking pain, Dean could do better even the hurley would be better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Did Dean send that text to Lenke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Hayley and Robbie!? ...... How much money is it? , there was a fair bit in the bag when Louise opened it last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

branie2 wrote: »
    Did Dean send that text to Lenke?

No, I thought that as well, the text was from someone else, I didn't see the senders name, I should have rewond and paused.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I was pondering today as I was filling up my car :p Did Neil have the keys to the cars he tampered with - where did he get them and how did he put them back if the office was closed!? How did he know which ones to mess with AND why did he use a huge jerry can for everyone to see lol and not a small one he couldn't have concealed in say a backpack! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

tk123 wrote: »
    I was pondering today as I was filling up my car :p Did Neil have the keys to the cars he tampered with - where did he get them and how did he put them back if the office was closed!? How did he know which ones to mess with AND why did he use a huge jerry can for everyone to see lol and not a small one he couldn't have concealed in say a backpack! :D
    I thought the same. My car is an 02 and even back then you couldn't open the petrol cover unless the central locking was on 'open'.

Gotta love Hughie, getting one over on Paul like that...

How much did Hughie get in his settlement?

• Advertisement

How much did Hughie get in his settlement?

Didn't say but a few million at least I believe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement