Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Did Louise really leave the bag of cash in the Garda station ?
    Why can't Hayley just collect it ?
    Why is Ama stupid enough to let Lenka stay?
    How much money did Hughie get in his settlement ?
    So many questions, so few answers.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it Lenka or Lemka

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The Hughie/Paul auction story makes no sense at all. Before the ad break Hughie didn't know Neil at all. Ad break over, he authorises Neil (the "mental brother") to spend 400 thousand on his behalf.
    Sure haven't we all done it?!
    And what's the point in being an anonymous bidder if you're going to tell your rival within a few minutes?
    And by the way, how come Pete, Jackie, and Head-Shaker all arrived in the auction just a few minutes behind Neil? Are they following him around or do they travel as a family unit.
    I know, I know, here I am trying to make some sort of sense of it all. I keep forgetting it's Fair City, and plots or stories don't have to make any sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

coolhull wrote: »
    The Hughie/Paul auction story makes no sense at all. Before the ad break Hughie didn't know Neil at all. Ad break over, he authorises Neil (the "mental brother") to spend 400 thousand on his behalf.
    And what's the point in being an anonymous bidder if you're going to tell your rival within a few minutes?
    And by the way, how come Pete, Jackie, and Head-Shaker all arrived in the auction just a few minutes behind Neil? Are they following him around or do they travel as a family unit.
    I know, I know, here I am trying to make some sort of sense of it all. I keep forgetting it's Fair City, and plots or stories don't have to make any sense.

That's the whole point of it.

There's no point telling them beforehand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

hahaha so funny, they travel as a family unit. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Love your observation....... Spot on!....... I reckon the 'amonious bidder' bit is what has this country ****ed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Trying to make sense of FC:

Hayley is selling something that is worth investing in and holding the proceeds in a bag in Mondo's care?
    When Louise hands the bag into the garda, Hayley fakes a hardmen scenario so that Louise will pay the money back, Dean almost falls for this where it not for the 10% thing and Robbie knows nothing about it, he's just expecting a windfall from his investment with a girl he met in the pub because Mondo said it was a sure thing - (the investment that is)

I think it's actually Silkrex and Wayne is the heavy behind it all.

There's a funeral (very sad) the family attend via Skype - with tea and popcorn at the ready. But Auntie Anna is actually Mammy Deirdre to Ben.

I think the funeral is a fake, Dermish's brother isn't dead and the Skype funeral was a set-up to get Deirdre close to Ben and some money to Ken in the form of funeral expenses.

Neil put a big cannistar of diesel in a petrol engine - how did he know it was a petrol car? And how did he open the fuel cap?

I have nothing here...except to say that I think Neil watches a lot of Nicolas Cage movies, and tries to immitate him by the way he holds his head back when delivering a line - although it could just be genetics because Doug does the opposite he bobs his head forward.

Finally in trying to make sense:

Was there a special sale on tartan shirts in the helping hand this week?

Pretzill wrote: »
    Trying to make sense of FC:

Hayley is selling something that is worth investing in and holding the proceeds in a bag in Mondo's care?
    When Louise hands the bag into the garda, Hayley fakes a hardmen scenario so that Louise will pay the money back, Dean almost falls for this where it not for the 10% thing and Robbie knows nothing about it, he's just expecting a windfall from his investment with a girl he met in the pub because Mondo said it was a sure thing - (the investment that is)

I think it's actually Silkrex and Wayne is the heavy behind it all.

There's a funeral (very sad) the family attend via Skype - with tea and popcorn at the ready. But Auntie Anna is actually Mammy Deirdre to Ben.

I think the funeral is a fake, Dermish's brother isn't dead and the Skype funeral was a set-up to get Deirdre close to Ben and some money to Ken in the form of funeral expenses.

Neil put a big cannistar of diesel in a petrol engine - how did he know it was a petrol car? And how did he open the fuel cap?

I have nothing here...except to say that I think Neil watches a lot of Nicolas Cage movies, and tries to immitate him by the way he holds his head back when delivering a line - although it could just be genetics because Doug does the opposite he bobs his head forward.

Finally in trying to make sense:

Was there a special sale on tartan shirts in the helping hand this week?

Pretzels, I think you think too much. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Why in the name of Christ would Hughie think Paul will give him 500k for the house if no one else was interested at the auction !!!!! Sure he would have paid it at the auction if he was going to go that much on it .
    If that deal goes ahead I'll eat my hat .

Bullocks wrote: »
    Why in the name of Christ would Hughie think Paul will give him 500k for the house if no one else was interested at the auction !!!!! Sure he would have paid it at the auction if he was going to go that much on it .

Before the auction (last episode) Paul and Hughie were outside the house discussing what the house might go for, Paul said, it could go for 'half a million'.....he must be thinking' in boom times'

• Advertisement

Bullocks wrote: »

Because Paul has a huge ego and wants that building, he doesn't like someone getting one over him so ultimately it will be his big ego that will make him hand over the cash. That's what I think

Actually I dont even know how Paul even has that much money left because didn't he lose out big time when that building that leo had went up in fire and there was no insurance on it, remember paul bought that off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it Lenka or Lemka

Lenka with an 'n'.

No, I thought that as well, the text was from someone else, I didn't see the senders name, I should have rewond and paused.... :D

There's was no sender's name on it but it looks like somebody is on Lenka's case and is hassling him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Strazdas wrote: »
    There's was no sender's name on it but it looks like somebody is on Lenka's case and is hassling him.

I think Lenka has already overstayed his welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Pat Kenny has a poll on his new stalk site regarding lack of original programming during summer months & whether that should reduce the licence fee. It lists fair city among a couple of other shows that aren't repeats. I find it interesting that RTE have decided to cut fair city out on Sunday's for no reason, so it shows they're not even investing in fair city during the summer.

http://www.newstalk.com/reader/47.339/52522/0/

I hate the way they've just decided to not show it on a Sunday and not even release a statement about it or anything, they dont give a f**k about the fair city fans? A 3 day a week soap is crap, its too short.

fin12 wrote: »
    I hate the way they've just decided to not show it on a Sunday and not even release a statement about it or anything, they dont give a f**k about the fair city fans? A 3 day a week soap is crap, its too short.

It also means there is a five day gap between episodes : they'd nearly be better pulling the Wednesday episode and showing one on Sunday instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Yeah the story doesn't even make sense, for example Hayley pestering Louise for her money last Thursday and not bothering her again until Tuesday? It wrecks the continuity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

What has Hughie got against Paul?

Can't remember there being bad blood between them in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What has Hughie got against Paul?

Can't remember there being bad blood between them in the past.

He didn't tip him on time years ago when he ordered from Pizza Action :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

tk123 wrote: »
    He didn't tip him on time years ago when he ordered from Pizza Action :p:D

You're going back a bit there now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You're going back a bit there now!

Lol well so are the writers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Actually now that I think of it I think there is some charity set up in Ireland that helps people being their loved ones home if they have died abroad.

The Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust aims to alleviate the financial hardship of bereaved families repatriating the body of a loved one who have died in sudden or tragic circumstances back to Ireland.

The fund was set up 2 years ago and it has helped bring back the bodies of 60 people who died abroad back to Ireland.
    This is Fiar City no real life organizations are allowed into Carrigstown nor within the CMZ (Carrigstown Military Zone)

dogcat wrote: »
    This is Fiar City no real life organizations are allowed into Carrigstown nor within the CMZ (Carrigstown Military Zone)

ya i know that but if Dermot really wanted to bring his brother home he could have found a way, all Im trying to say is that, money shouldn't have to prevent someone from not being able to bring their loved ones home.

ya i know that but if Dermot really wanted to bring his brother home he could have found a way, all Im trying to say is that, money shouldn't have to prevent someone from not being able to bring their loved ones home.
    Well unfortunately money does and until that's sorted it probably would've cost a lot, even with the organization and such.

OMG Dolly is back!

A ship bound to Australia in the 1960s?

Dean is a real eedjit telling everything about this bare knuckle fighting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Did Charlotte say she'll split the profit 70/50.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement